[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My first draft of the year

DMD

It is hard to believe that the Jags would wait until the 7th round to take a RB that they seriously had intentions on using. They let so many others go past. If they really wanted a complement for MJ, why would they wait until the end?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because BAP.

Jones is a fullback.

MJD is the stud.

Someone has to be stud#2, it ain't jones, it used to be Fred. You pick. I pick Jennnings. Chauncy, I dunno, I thought he had something, maybe he does, maybe he don't. MJD is not a 30 carry guy, Jones is not a running back, someone is gonna get carries and points, so far, jennings is doing well. Let'm put pads on, we'll see. But this greg jones worship? For what? I love the dude, but he is no fantasy roster material at all.

Because BAP.

Jones is a fullback.

MJD is the stud.

Someone has to be stud#2, it ain't jones, it used to be Fred. You pick. I pick Jennnings. Chauncy, I dunno, I thought he had something, maybe he does, maybe he don't. MJD is not a 30 carry guy, Jones is not a running back, someone is gonna get carries and points, so far, jennings is doing well. Let'm put pads on, we'll see. But this greg jones worship? For what? I love the dude, but he is no fantasy roster material at all.

Except that Del Rio has said Greg Jone swill get more carries95-10 a games). Until his injury a few years back(before the drafting of Jones-Drew) the plan was to give hm more carries.

We'll see.

More interesting than this I think is the change in WR. Is their offensive philosophy changing or did they just put the old guys on the curb.?

I do not believe they are gonna give the rook meaningful carries...could chauncy be the one to get the meaningful RB2 carries? Sure he could but he isn't who I am projecting to take those carries....but I feel about 99.9999999% sure it isnt a rook drafted in round 7 that is going to get those carries.

Anyone know what these are?

73*

47*

47*

43*

39*

48*

Answer:

those are the number of carries the 3rd leading rusher for Jax has had each season this decade. The * designates it was a QB. With that sorta trend I feel safe projecting out the bulk of the carries after MJD to one back...and IMO that back is Jones

Edited by keggerz

Except that Del Rio has said Greg Jone swill get more carries95-10 a games). Until his injury a few years back(before the drafting of Jones-Drew) the plan was to give hm more carries.

We'll see.

More interesting than this I think is the change in WR. Is their offensive philosophy changing or did they just put the old guys on the curb.?

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/footbal...ith_taylor_gone

(3rd para down) And while coach Jack Del Rio said Greg Jones will likely get five to 10 carries a game — plus Montell Owens and Chauncey Washington on the roster — Jones-Drew will carry the load as both a running back and a receiver.

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/footbal...ith_taylor_gone

(3rd para down) And while coach Jack Del Rio said Greg Jones will likely get five to 10 carries a game — plus Montell Owens and Chauncey Washington on the roster — Jones-Drew will carry the load as both a running back and a receiver.

Ummm....that was also two weeks before the draft.

It is hard to believe that the Jags would wait until the 7th round to take a RB that they seriously had intentions on using. They let so many others go past. If they really wanted a complement for MJ, why would they wait until the end?

I still have a hard time understanding how Jennings fell to the 7th round. I admittedly am less than un-biased as I am alum of Liberty University and I was pumped that we would be getting another player drafted....but he was projected as a top 10 RB prior to the draft and Kiper (for the little that it's worth) had him as his 101st pick overall....yet he almost goes undrafted. Yes he played at a small school - but he dominated while there....and he held his own at the Senior Bowl (I believe it was the Senior Bowl) playing against "big school" talent. He did attend (for only 1 year) Pitt and was starting there ahead of McCoy as a freshman (again for what it is worth - little I know)....anyway, I hope he makes it and I would also think he will outstat Greg Jones.

KO'd

Edited by KOKIDKOKID

Why would anybody take a bet where you have two options to win & he only has one? Especially if it has to do with a completely unrelated position. :wacko:

because he is so sure about Jennings..and that is just it...if you really think Jennings is gonna garner #2 RB carries then it should be a no brainer he will out carry the QB (unless the QBs name is Vick) ...the most carries any QB has had for Jax since 2002 is 73 and that was Garrard last year.

Edited by keggerz

because he is so sure about Jennings..and that is just it...if you really think Jennings is gonna garner #2 RB carries then it should be a no brainer he will out carry the QB (unless the QBs name is Vick) ...the most carries any QB has had for Jax since 2002 is 73 and that was Garrard last year.

But what does it matter? Why are you even factoring in the QB if you are so sure you are right? One has very little relation to the other, so if you're going to do a bet why bother with that stipulation? Just do a straight up bet instead of giving yourself another possible out no matter how far-fetched it may be.

My god, struck me dead now. H8 and I agree on something!! :wacko:

• 5 weeks later...
I do not believe they are gonna give the rook meaningful carries... I feel about 99.9999999% sure it isnt a rook drafted in round 7 that is going to get those carries.

Kegz, sweetie, this is for you.

For all intents and purposes, Maurice Jones-Drew is expected to line up behind David Garrard as the starting running back for the Jaguars on opening day. But the 2006 second-round pick is not taking anything for granted, especially after what he has witnessed from this year's seventh round pick, Rashad Jennings.

"He looks great. I'm scared, drafting a running back. I'm nervous. I got to tighten up a little bit," Jones-Drew said tongue-in-cheek. "No, he looks great. Everybody looks great - Chauncey (Washington), Alvin Pearman, Greg (Jones), Montell (Owens). Everybody is fighting and we're just trying to push each other and compete to get better."

Jones-Drew and Jennings share the same agent, Adisa Bakari, and the two worked out together in Miami prior to the draft. The former UCLA standout feels like the Jaguars got a steal in the seventh round.

"He felt he fell five or six rounds, which I felt he did, too, because he was one of the better running backs coming out," Jones-Drew said. "But we got a steal and he's showing it out there when he's catching the ball. He's 235 (pounds), he's explosive. He's going to help us in a lot of different ways. So I can't wait to see him out there in pads and running around."

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?autocom...mp;showentry=62

Kegz, sweetie, this is for you.

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?autocom...mp;showentry=62

I guess it is all a matter of perspective:

For all intents and purposes, Maurice Jones-Drew is expected to line up behind David Garrard as the starting running back for the Jaguars on opening day. But the 2006 second-round pick is not taking anything for granted, especially after what he has witnessed from this year's seventh round pick, Rashad Jennings.

"He looks great. I'm scared, drafting a running back. I'm nervous. I got to tighten up a little bit," Jones-Drew said tongue-in-cheek. "No, he looks great. Everybody looks great - Chauncey (Washington), Alvin Pearman, Greg (Jones), Montell (Owens). Everybody is fighting and we're just trying to push each other and compete to get better."

Jones-Drew and Jennings share the same agent, Adisa Bakari, and the two worked out together in Miami prior to the draft. The former UCLA standout feels like the Jaguars got a steal in the seventh round.

"He felt he fell five or six rounds, which I felt he did, too, because he was one of the better running backs coming out," Jones-Drew said. "But we got a steal and he's showing it out there when he's catching the ball. He's 235 (pounds), he's explosive. He's going to help us in a lot of different ways. So I can't wait to see him out there in pads and running around."

and in other Jags news, Troy Williamson scored a TD on a reception from Todd Bouman :D

:wacko:

Edited by keggerz

As of now, the Jaguars have Greg Jones, Alvin Pearman, Chauncey Washington and Rashad Jennings.

Jones, who starts for the team at fullback, has a competent backup in Montell Owens and could switch to running back in a pinch, as he has flourished when he has been given the bulk of the carries. Still, Jones is a Pro Bowl caliber fullback and it could be difficult to move him away from the position for more than a few possessions. Washington looks to be little more than a short-yardage back though and Pearman is best as a third-down type of back.

That means the team could be banking on Rashad Jennings, a seventh-round selection from Liberty. The small school back is anything but small, as he is 6’1”, 230 lbs. Jennings moves gracefully for a big back and was slated by some to go as high as the 2nd-round in this year’s draft.

http://jac.scout.com/2/872738.html

:wacko:

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfo...et_headline_div

And it's behind that offensive line where Maurice Jones-Drew will run. I spoke with him earlier this offseason and he's excited about being given the chance to be "the guy." We're excited for him, but we'd like to know how it's shaping up behind him and how it might shake out on the field.

Koetter: First of all, I think Maurice was very patient in waiting his turn to become a feature back, and he's worn a lot of hats in his three years in the league. He's been a third-down back, he's been a short-yardage/goal-line back, he's shown that he can be a first- and second-down back. His numbers speak for themselves.

Inside the Jaguars, we're high on Greg Jones and Greg made himself into a fullback and one of the best in the league in our opinion. But really, Greg is a halfback trapped in a fullback's body. He's had a couple of injuries he's had to overcome, but if you look at the year Le'Ron McClain had for Baltimore last year, I could see Greg being that type of a runner, a physical punisher. And for as good of a fullback as he is, he was only playing maybe 20 snaps a game since we didn't always use a fullback. So if we bump him up to, say, 35 snaps per game and he played some halfback, I think we're going to like what we see.

Elsewhere, we've got a good competition going on between two or three other guys at running back that we're anxious to see. Chauncey Washington had a nice offseason, is improving like any young player would, and he got better throughout the year last year. And for a running back to show everything, he's got to be in pads. Can he make people miss? Can he break tackles? Can he hold up in pass protection? Now Rashad Jennings was a guy we first got to look at when we were coaching the Senior Bowl and he's really flashed in OTAs. He's smooth, he's fast, he's a good learner and he's been real impressive catching the ball -- I didn't realize at the Senior Bowl that he could run and catch like that. So that's going to be a nice competition, and for a guy that we took in the seventh round, I was surprised he was still there and I am glad that he was.