[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Moore to retire this week

I searched and didn't see any real discussion on this... Just read this on the "my player news" on MFL...

Colts offensive coordinator Tom Moore will reportedly retire this week.

Analysis: Over-reacting to a down period in the economy, the owners decided in March that teams can opt out of the universal pension plan for assistant coaches. Well-regarded offensive line coach Howard Mudd has already announced his plans to retire and more long-time assistants are expected to follow.

With such a high coach turnover in Indy, what are the chances that they fail to make the playoffs this year? I know they have a ton of offensive talent, and some guys on the defensive side, but how many important coaches can you lose in one season?

Especially with the youth on our offensive line. Ugoh is only in his third year. Pollack, his second. Thankfully they re-signed Saturday. Diem is a vet. Hopefully Lilja recovers from his knee injury that kept him out all last year, or they'll be young at guard too. . .

If the Colts' defense plays well, they wlll be fine. It is rare to have a QB with Manning's leadership ability. That should greatly lessen the impact of coaching. Whether the Colts make the playoffs or not, I don't think one of the major reasons will be the coaching changes.

If the Colts' defense plays well, they wlll be fine. It is rare to have a QB with Manning's leadership ability. That should greatly lessen the impact of coaching. Whether the Colts make the playoffs or not, I don't think one of the major reasons will be the coaching changes.

Losing a Head Coach, OC, and O Line coach is a tad bit more important than you think it is. That's a ton of turn over you're discounting.

I wonder how much say, if any, Manning will be given over who he has to listen to?

Any chance they don't hire an OC and simply let PM do his thing?

even if they just let peyton do his thing...there will be somebody watching him and holding the title of offensive coordinator....a qb has to take enough heat with pass rushers and making snap decisions quickly....i doubt they really want a qb having to take the heat if things arent going well..that would be a ridiculous amount of pressure for a qb to be breaking down another teams defense and prepping a gameplan...and running a practice....id say there is about a 0% chance of it....

Losing a Head Coach, OC, and O Line coach is a tad bit more important than you think it is. That's a ton of turn over you're discounting.

Normally I wouldn't "discount" this type of thing in this manner. I think in most cases coaching changes have major reprocussions. But let's be honest. If Manning is healthy, the Colts are going to score enough points to get them to .500. If the defense can stop some people and make some big plays, this team is going to be a contender, even if they hire Snoop Dogg to coach their O-Line.

Normally I wouldn't "discount" this type of thing in this manner. I think in most cases coaching changes have major reprocussions. But let's be honest. If Manning is healthy, the Colts are going to score enough points to get them to .500. If the defense can stop some people and make some big plays, this team is going to be a contender, even if they hire Snoop Dogg to coach their O-Line.

**Cough Cough** Chargers!! **Cough Cough**

Wow... Just wow...

No worries, Seahawks 21 let us know that Peyton Manning can be the HC, OC, and OL coach.

Pirates, do you see any scenario next year, regardless of who is coaching the team, where they don't have one of the better offenses in the league, void of Manning being hurt? Any scenario at all? Spell it out, go ahead. Take your best shot. You are going to have a hard time convincing someone that this offense isn't going to be good, regardless. That is my point. You can bend and twist my words however you see fit, but until you show me a scenario where this offense struggles, you are simply overvaluing coaches in this particular instance.

Pirates, do you see any scenario next year, regardless of who is coaching the team, where they don't have one of the better offenses in the league, void of Manning being hurt? Any scenario at all? Spell it out, go ahead. Take your best shot. You are going to have a hard time convincing someone that this offense isn't going to be good, regardless. That is my point. You can bend and twist my words however you see fit, but until you show me a scenario where this offense struggles, you are simply overvaluing coaches in this particular instance.

1. Colts offensive line is extremely young, losing Mudd hurts said O Line. O line faltering hurts Manning/Addai/Brown

2. This is a team that limped into the playoffs last year with Dungy, Moore, Mudd, and the DC, who's name escapes me at the moment. The Titans are legit and the Texans have imporoved a ton. It's extremely realistic that the colts finish third in that division. What have the Colts done to make you think they're better then they were last year?

3. You find me a team that lost a head coach, defensive cordinater, OC, and O Line coach, let me know if teams having that big of a turnover are successful. Peyton Manning has said numerous times what Moore means to him.

I'm not twisting your words into something insane, you're doing that all by yourself. You've got to get off this idea that because Peyton Manning is the quarterback, they're getting into the playoffs. The Titans and the Texans are not punk bitches. Don't discount how big of a loss an entire coaching staff can be. I'm not saying the Colts won't make the playoffs, but I wouldn't bet any money for them to make it in.

1. Colts offensive line is extremely young, losing Mudd hurts said O Line. O line faltering hurts Manning/Addai/Brown

2. This is a team that limped into the playoffs last year with Dungy, Moore, Mudd, and the DC, who's name escapes me at the moment. The Titans are legit and the Texans have imporoved a ton. It's extremely realistic that the colts finish third in that division. What have the Colts done to make you think they're better then they were last year?

3. You find me a team that lost a head coach, defensive cordinater, OC, and O Line coach, let me know if teams having that big of a turnover are successful. Peyton Manning has said numerous times what Moore means to him.

I'm not twisting your words into something insane, you're doing that all by yourself. You've got to get off this idea that because Peyton Manning is the quarterback, they're getting into the playoffs. The Titans and the Texans are not punk bitches. Don't discount how big of a loss an entire coaching staff can be. I'm not saying the Colts won't make the playoffs, but I wouldn't bet any money for them to make it in.

I never said they would be any better. Where the heck did you pull that from? That is just absolutely tactless. And you aren't mixing my words? Sure. All I said is that the offense will be good. That is it. That is all. That is twice now this thread you have put words in my mouth. Stop that. That is for ten year olds. Use my actual words and thoughts against me, fine, but don't make crap up. That is the argument you are gonna use? You are gonna make stuff up and pretend like I said it as your argument?

Their offense will be fine. Peyton isn't coming off surgery this season. I don't expect the Colts to make the playoffs, but that is because I expect their defense to fail, not because they got a new O-line coach. I repeat, this offense will be good, period. Even if Snoop Dogg is the O-line coach. You care to make any wagers against their offense?

I never said they would be any better. Where the heck did you pull that from? That is just absolutely tactless. And you aren't mixing my words? Sure. All I said is that the offense will be good. That is it. That is all. That is twice now this thread you have put words in my mouth. Stop that. That is for ten year olds. Use my actual words and thoughts against me, fine, but don't make crap up. That is the argument you are gonna use? You are gonna make stuff up and pretend like I said it as your argument?

Their offense will be fine. Peyton isn't coming off surgery this season. I don't expect the Colts to make the playoffs, but that is because I expect their defense to fail, not because they got a new O-line coach. I repeat, this offense will be good, period. Even if Snoop Dogg is the O-line coach. You care to make any wagers against their offense?

Tennessee and Houston got better, and the colts barely made it in to the playoffs last time... You said that Peyton Manning and his leadership is enough to overcome the coaching losses at OC, OL, and at HC. And the Colts offense can't be good, they have to be great.

Whatever dude. Keep talking in circles. Let me know when you're ready to stand up for some of the crap you're spewing my direction. I'm done with this. So you think this offense is going to suffer because of the new coaching staff, right? Will you at least admit to saying that part?

Whatever dude. Keep talking in circles. Let me know when you're ready to stand up for some of the crap you're spewing my direction. I'm done with this. So you think this offense is going to suffer because of the new coaching staff, right? Will you at least admit to saying that part?

Talking in circles? I think my point the entire time has been that losing a HC, DC, OC, and OL coach hurts. As far as the next part... I don't bet or gamble. It's not my thing. It has nothing to do with standing up for the crap that you think I'm spewing... And while we're at it, what kind of moran would make a bet to wheather or not the colts offense will be good? That doesn't even make sense, but yes, I will predict that they take a step back this year. Do I think they will suck? No, but I don't think they will be as good as they have in years past.