[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Breaking down the Jaguars

keggerz

Ok, a few years ago I tried to break down and project the JAGS WRs....then earlier this year there was some discussion about MJDs prospects once Freddy was gone....my views/opinions etc can be found in Post 32 others views and opinions can be found throughout that thread... then DMD goes and posts his first draft of the year...I go and ask about when Greg Jones was drafted and some discussion ensues about Jones....so I decided I would try and do a complete breakdown for the Jags offense...and IF I have the energy I just might attempt to do the defensive side for the IDP crowd....

fwiw, I am not going to do this all at once so I will be adding some info and then tweaking it and adding more and tweaking it some more....I will post when it is officially completed!

Also, for those that don't know I will tell you now that I put a ton into historical averages. A TON

QB:

Garrard-

RB:

MJD-

Greg Jones-

Chauncy Washington

Rashard Jennings

Montell Owens

WR: I will just start off by saying :wacko:

Holt

Northcutt

WIliamson

Walker

Thomas

Dillard

TE:

Marcedes Lewis:

Greg Estandia

Zach Miller

Edited by keggerz

Ok, a few years ago I tried to break down and project the Post 32 is where my stuff is posted but others views and opinions are all throughout that thread...then DMD goes and posts his first draft of the year...I go and ask about when Greg Jones was drafted and some discussion ensues about Jones....so I decided I would try and do a complete breakdown for the Jags offense...and IF I have the energy I just might attempt to do the defensive side for the IDP crowd....

fwiw, I am not going to do this all at once so I will be adding some info and then tweaking it and adding more and tweaking it some more....I will post when it is officially completed!

Also, for those that don't know I will tell you now that I put a ton into historical averages. A TON

QB:

Garrard-

RB:

MJD-

Greg Jones-

Chauncy Washington

Rashard Jennings

Montell Owens

WR: I will just start off by saying :wacko:

Holt

Northcutt

WIliamson

Walker

Thomas

Dillard

TE:

Marcedes Lewis:

Greg Estandia

Zach Miller

I think Mike Walker gets the nod as the #2 WR barring injury. Northcutt is washed up. Dillard looks great 2-3 years down the road.

Also, for those that don't know I will tell you now that I put a ton too much into historical averages. A TON WAY TOO MCUH

Fixed :wacko:

Edited by Ziachild007

Keg

You dont have to break down the JAGS they do a fine job by themselves. :wacko:

Good one, but people seem to be forgetting that the Jags beat the Steelers in the 07-08 playoffs. The team was ravaged by injuries last year, specifically to the OLine. What did they do to remedy this? They took two OT's with their first two picks. If the D can step up and play better I don't see any reason this team won't be very competitive next year.

We've just learned that the NFL's investigation into complaints from the Patriots that the Colts had illegally piped in crowd noise is over. It didn't take the league long to find out that the Colts were not at fault for a crowd noise issue. "CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL vice president Greg Aiello tells us. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium.

:D

perhaps the Jags should actually do it though. then they would have the semblance of fans! :wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

We've just learned that the NFL's investigation into complaints from the Patriots that the Colts had illegally piped in crowd noise is over. It didn't take the league long to find out that the Colts were not at fault for a crowd noise issue. "CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL vice president Greg Aiello tells us. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium.

:D

perhaps the Jags should actually do it though. then they would have the semblance of fans! :wacko:

I hear both Jags fans can scream pretty loud. :D

• 2 weeks later...
:wacko:

"Dillard could lead the change in culture that the Jaguars are starting in the 2009 season. He was a 3-year captain for Rice and was known as a leader on and off the field. He's not the biggest WR, but he has an amazing vertical leap which gives him a larger catch radius than some WRs that are much taller. The Jags signed veteran Torry Holt to lead this WR corps but look out for rookies Mike Thomas and Jarett Dillard. They could have a fantasy impact sooner than some people think. "

Laugh it up 7-9 season boy.

"Dillard could lead the change in culture that the Jaguars are starting in the 2009 season. He was a 3-year captain for Rice and was known as a leader on and off the field. He's not the biggest WR, but he has an amazing vertical leap which gives him a larger catch radius than some WRs that are much taller. The Jags signed veteran Torry Holt to lead this WR corps but look out for rookies Mike Thomas and Jarett Dillard. They could have a fantasy impact sooner than some people think. "

Laugh it up 7-9 season boy.

Yes. Dillard and Thomas are the real deal. Those that don't know will soon find out

Yes. Dillard and Thomas are the real deal. Those that don't know will soon find out

Dillard dropped to the 5th round.

I like Dillard but the fact he dropped like this says something. I think I'd listen to the other 31 NFL teams before a poster on a fantasy message board.

23 other receivers were picked ahead of him.

I hear ya, but... Rod Smith, DEN-WR wasn't even drafted :wacko: lots of stories like that. Wasn't Willie Parker UDFA? I think Kurt Warner too.

That's true. You mentioned 3. Priest Holmes was an UDFA too. Donald Driver and Colston were late round picks and Dillard wasn't picked that late.

I wouldn't say there are lots of stories but there are some.

These are 5th and later picks last year

Kenneth Moore WR Wake Forest 5 1(136) Detroit

Matt Slater WR UCLA 5 18(153) New England

Marcus Henry WR Kansas 6 5(171) New York

Josh Morgan WR Virginia Tech 6 8(174) San Francisco

Kevin Robinson WR Utah State 6 16(182) Kansas City

Paul Hubbard WR Wisconsin 6 25(191) Cleveland

Jaymar Johnson WR Jackson State 6 27(193) Minnesota

Pierre Garcon WR Mount Union 6 39(205) Indianapolis

Justin Harper WR Virginia Tech 7 8(215) Baltimore

Brett Swain WR San Diego State 7 10(217) Green Bay

Steve Johnson WR Kentucky 7 17(224) Buffalo

Chaz Schilens WR San Diego State 7 19(226) Oakland

Adrian Arrington WR Michigan 7 30(237) New Orleans

Mario Urrutia WR Louisville 7 39(246) Cincinnati

Marcus Monk WR Arkansas 7 41(248) Chicago

That's not helpful to my argument.

Bill Polian expects Pierre Garcon to make a bigger impact this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11688159

Who's going to replace Marvin Harrison in Indy?

I had thought for a while that the Colts would pick a back, and then I talked to someone in the league who mentioned wide receiver and made a compelling argument for that position as a Colts need. So now that the Colts did draft a runner (Donald Brown), who is the man to replace Harrison? I talked to Colts president Bill Polian yesterday, who was very excited about Pierre Garcon, the 2008 sixth-round pick from Mount Union College. Garcon had four catches for 23 yards last season, and Polian is encouraged about his potential and what a year of development from the conditioning and coaching staffs will bring to his game.

He might not be Harrison right away, but who could? Garcon has good size and is very effective as runner with the ball in his hands. This will be his year to prove he's a pro player.

Bill Polian expects Pierre Garcon to make a bigger impact this year.

I talked to Colts president Bill Polian yesterday, who was very excited about Pierre Garcon, the 2008 sixth-round pick from Mount Union College. Garcon had four catches for 23 yards last season, and Polian is encouraged about his potential and what a year of development from the conditioning and coaching staffs will bring to his game.

He might not be Harrison right away, but who could? Garcon has good size and is very effective as runner with the ball in his hands. This will be his year to prove he's a pro player.

It is truly one of the great joys of FF to pay close attention in dynasty leagues and be able to secure guys like Garcon with real late draft picks in rookie drafts. Almost as good as going deep into the playoffs.

Geez, I got wood just talking about it... :wacko:

Dillard dropped to the 5th round.

I like Dillard but the fact he dropped like this says something. I think I'd listen to the other 31 NFL teams before a poster on a fantasy message board.

23 other receivers were picked ahead of him.

Obviously I don't know crap, I'm just some dude who likes football and I don't expect everyone to drink the kool-aid. Still, I really like the guy's drive, attitude and skills. He's the type of player I want to see succeed over some of the higher profile, more self-important guys. It's just like the movies, you see :wacko: You also have to look at the situation he's in. The Jags' receiving corps is terrible. Dillard and/or Thomas have a real shot in that situation and we all know how opportunity makes all the difference

Edited by efi4eye

BTW... Josh Morgan was in that list of round 5+ guys and I think he has a real shot at making an impact. Word is he's been the star of the 49ers camp so far this year. Crabtree will be a force to be reckoned with, but what I hear about Morgan makes me think he'll find a place as a starter somehow

Edited by efi4eye

Obviously I don't know crap, I'm just some dude who likes football and I don't expect everyone to drink the kool-aid. Still, I really like the guy's drive, attitude and skills. He's the type of player I want to see succeed over some of the higher profile, more self-important guys. It's just like the movies, you see :wacko:

Dillard's biggest obstacle could be Mike Thomas, and vice-versa. They have similar games, similar style, similar body types. Personally, I think Thomas is a bit more talented and will create more YAC, but it is quite possible that early on they could hinder each other's progress fighting for whatever minutes they can get on the field. My hope would be that JAX realizes what it has in both guys and will think outside the box a bit in that they can get both guys on the field at once, meaning at least one of them will have to line up on the outside regularly. Thomas on the outside with Dillard in the slot could be a tandem that would create some serious mismatches.