[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Windows 7

rajncajn

• 4 months later...

I'll probably check it out, next time I build a new system, assuming it's stable. That will likely be around 2012. I built a new computer last year and bought a fresh version of XP SP3 and it's been completely bug-free -- can't say that about previous builds using older versions of XP and I'm in no hurry to go through all the hassles again.

Win 7 officially comes out Oct 22.

I'm waiting to buy another desktop computer until Windows 7 comes out. I will NOT buy another computer with Vista!

I've been playing around with it for a while now [we got a bunch in at work] and I can honest say that it is about as stable as XP and it manages system resources better than XP did. I will be purchasing my own copy to replace my Vista 64 bit.

I've been playing around with it for a while now [we got a bunch in at work] and I can honest say that it is about as stable as XP and it manages system resources better than XP did. I will be purchasing my own copy to replace my Vista 64 bit.

Me too. I have Vista 64 on my main desktop at home and it's been very solid. On my laptop I have Vista 32 and it sucks up way too many resources. I think the main thing MS needed to do with Win 7 was, apart from deal with the resources issue, fix the atrocious interface. It was like they'd gone out of their way to hide everything important in Vista and dumbed it down to the level of complete morans.

Still, looking around at the birthers, truthers, tea partiers and all the rest, maybe they were right.

It was like they'd gone out of their way to hide everything important in Vista and dumbed it down to the level of complete morans.

:wacko:

What's funny is that I said the exact same thing about WinXP and Win98.

I haven't tried Vista, but the first thing I have to do whenever I load XP is "take it out of gay mode", by showing file extensions and hidden files, allowing access to the system folder, switching to classic Control Panel, and enabling My Computer and My Network Places on the desktop. Not to mention... clicking "Never show me this message again" on all the really useful warnings like "Sending data over the internet means it is accessible by other people".

Anybody toy around with this thing yet? :wacko:

I haven't yet. Our IT guy has used Windows 7 quite a bit and he said it is quite stable. Then again, he said after SP2 on Vista it was fine to use as an OS as well.

I'll probably wait and hear how Windows 7 works out when it hits the market. I've been thinking of doing a new build, but really, I have no need as of yet. The video encoding in a nano flash would be great though so I may do it sooner than I think!

That's what I heard as well, and it uses a ton less resources resulting in faster processing time.