[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason Taylor back to the Fins

darin3

But is he gonna be a DE or LB in their scheme?

edit to add: See that they talk about him being a LB opposite Porter on passing downs. Kinda minimal IDP value unless you get awarded big points for sack.

Edited by General Itals

Huh. I guess all that talk about how it was a "given" JT would be wearing a Patsy uniform this season, how he was perfect for their “system”, the best just keep getting better… Belichick is a master of pulling in veteran players… blah blah blah. It was just that…. Talk. When exactly was the last big name free agent the Pats signed who did anything? Colvin – injured out of league. Thomas – injured. Seau – whatever. Sammy Morris has had some moments, but he wasn’t exactly a big name. I will admit some of the Pats trades have certainly born fruit: Dillon, Moss and Welker.

Personally, the more time goes by the more I think Belichick is like Shanahan. Both had less than stellar initial HC opportunities with bad teams.… Both then stepped into pretty good situations with established teams and solid ownership.… Both had one great (read lucky) draft where a 6th round draft pick came out of nowhere to became league MVP…. Both won some Super Bowls and were labeled “Genius”…. After their successful runs, both then made multiple poor draft and free agent decisions, yet continued to carry the genius moniker all the while their teams got older and less relevant.

Huh. I guess all that talk about how it was a "given" JT would be wearing a Patsy uniform this season, how he was perfect for their “system”, the best just keep getting better… Belichick is a master of pulling in veteran players… blah blah blah. It was just that…. Talk. When exactly was the last big name free agent the Pats signed who did anything? Colvin – injured out of league. Thomas – injured. Seau – whatever. Sammy Morris has had some moments, but he wasn’t exactly a big name. I will admit some of the Pats trades have certainly born fruit: Dillon, Moss and Welker.

Personally, the more time goes by the more I think Belichick is like Shanahan. Both had less than stellar initial HC opportunities with bad teams.… Both then stepped into pretty good situations with established teams and solid ownership.… Both had one great (read lucky) draft where a 6th round draft pick came out of nowhere to became league MVP…. Both won some Super Bowls and were labeled “Genius”…. After their successful runs, both then made multiple poor draft and free agent decisions, yet continued to carry the genius moniker all the while their teams got older and less relevant.

lol...when did the patriots become "less relevant"....theyve been to an afc title game, a superbowl(in which they finished the regular season unbeaten), and won 11 games with a qb who hadnt started a football game in like 8 years. in the past 3 seasons....what the hell do u want? do u think the patriots are going to fall of the face of the earth now?

i guess you musta felt all proud when yer team won up here last year....feeling all big and bad....until we went and hung 48 on ya later in the year down in miami....gimme a break....stepped into a pretty good situation? well yeah....solid ownership....but i dunno about an established team....lol....that 2001 roster isnt exactly memorable....some talent on the defensive side of the ball...but jesus....lets not act like this was barry switzer taking over the cowboys here....

anywho....i hope jason enjoys winning 9 games this year....or getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs....good luck to him

1 year 1.5

I think he will be limited to the passing downs to keep the young guys (who might be better at stopping the run) in the rotation.

1.1 guaranteed, 400k in incentives. He actually turned down $8.5 to remain in DC.

I'm not sure how much they'll limit him, if at all. I guess the Dancing With the Stars thing really handicapped him entering last season, and he's feeling much stronger this off-season. Lining up next to Joey Porter could be a solid, veteran and fearsome look.

1.1 guaranteed, 400k in incentives. He actually turned down $8.5 to remain in DC.

I'm not sure how much they'll limit him, if at all. I guess the Dancing With the Stars thing really handicapped him entering last season, and he's feeling much stronger this off-season. Lining up next to Joey Porter could be a solid, veteran and fearsome look.

I expect he'll being a little more than passing downs as well, but Miami is amassing some nice LB/DEs.

Wake, Langford, Merling, Moses, Roth, Anderson, Porter, Taylor.

Miami is going to be putting a lot of pressure on the QBs, and theyll need to with Owens and Moss in the division.