[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MNF - Kornheiser out

PaulOttCarruth

Very cool....Gruden's been a guest locally on 610WIP and 950WPEN numerous times, and is exceptionally well-spoken.

Kudos to ESPN for ending the run on fektard celebrities (Miller, Kornhole).

Tirico, Jaws and Gruden should offer some solid commentary and insight this season.

Why is it so hard for them to find someone that doesnt make my ears bleed? While Ive never heard Gruden commentate, I cannot stand him. Ill give him a chance before he starts getting muted, but we'll see. At least Kornhole is out.

He was good at the combine and draft.

He makes your ears bleed? :wacko:

If a I was of the opposite sex, I'd be giddy that Cornholio is leaving. As it is I'm very, very, very, very, very, very happy. Don't really have an opinion about Gruden yet, as I've never heard him call a game.

If a I was of the opposite sex, I'd be giddy that Cornholio is leaving. As it is I'm very, very, very, very, very, very happy. Don't really have an opinion about Gruden yet, as I've never heard him call a game.

Nor will you. Tirico will continue to be play-by-play. Gruden will just provide additional commentary.

I'm of the opposite sex, I'm giddy that Cornholio is leaving. As it is I'm very, very, very, very, very, very happy. Don't really have an opinion about Gruden yet, as I've never seen him in tight pants.

:wacko:

A round of applause for the scheduling people.

At least Gruden knows football so I'll wait to pass judgment. Hate to say, but I did enjoy reading the MNF threads while Kornhole was onboard.

SWEEEET! They could replace Kornhole with just about anyone and I'd be happy. Gruden is a great choice, and kudos to ESPN for letting Kornhole save face and make it sound like it was his decision.

I am actually looking forward to watching MNF now instead of dreading it.

Wow, this is great! Actually, I could give two craps. So, in the past, when the game itself was exciting, I would watch the whole thing and when it sucked, I'd turn it off and go away. Sounds pretty much like what will happen now.

I can never remember Tony ruining an otherwise good game nor anyone good enough to keep me watching when it was crap.

I think hullaballoo about the MNF crew is among the most over-analyzed things in sports which really, really says a lot.

I can never remember Tony ruining an otherwise good game nor anyone good enough to keep me watching when it was crap.

I would concur that if announcing is bad enough, I'll turn it off and listen to Marv Albert and Boomer Esiason on the radio with a slight delay.

The issue I had with Kornheiser was that he watched and commented on the game via a series of talking points that always detracted from the xs and os analysis. He tried to contextualize every play as if he was thinking aloud about the next morning's column about the game.

I like Kornhole on the afternoon show he does, I've liked him when I've heard him on the radio, I just think his MNF skills are weak (and that can be as much the fault of his ESPN producers as it is his own).

If you remember, Fouts actually was funnier than Miller, and turned Miller into the 'straight guy' - which certainly wasn't the plan.

I kind of wished that experiment would have gone on an extra year. Miller did a great job of not overextending himself, and Fouts is a really strong analyst.

By the way, just noticed that Fouts is mostly unemployed. Did spot duty as a CBS commentator during the season last year, and will be doing some SEC games this fall. Weird.