[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MNF - Kornheiser out

PaulOttCarruth

I can never remember Tony ruining an otherwise good game nor anyone good enough to keep me watching when it was crap.

I think hullaballoo about the MNF crew is among the most over-analyzed things in sports which really, really says a lot.

I wouldn't say he ruined the game as I kind of like the guy (hides behind chair). His shtick just didn't translate that well from PTI to MNF. Again, he didn't drive me nuts but some people always complained about him. I think I'd like it to just be a two man crew. 3 people in the booth yapping just gets to be a bit too much going on.

Not so sure I can watch Chucky that much. I agree his commentary is top notch, its just his mug that irritates me.

I would agree completely with you taz but I doubt Chucky will be doing many if any facial contortions in the both.....man that used to bug the bejebus outta me...oh look at his intensity - cut to close up of a snarling Chucky....enuff already!

I am happy Tony is gone...but I kind of doubt Chucky will say much of anything of importance as he will likely be trying to parlay this MNF gig into a head coaching job next season and he can't get too crazy/honest with his comments as he won't want to alienate any owners...hope I am wrong and he is able to comment freely - I thought he did well during the NFL draft on the NFLN.

Love to have Fouts back...even Dennis Miller wasn't as bad as Tony K.

KO'd

I would agree completely with you taz but I doubt Chucky will be doing many if any facial contortions in the both.....man that used to bug the bejebus outta me...oh look at his intensity - cut to close up of a snarling Chucky....enuff already!

I am happy Tony is gone...but I kind of doubt Chucky will say much of anything of importance as he will likely be trying to parlay this MNF gig into a head coaching job next season and he can't get too crazy/honest with his comments as he won't want to alienate any owners...hope I am wrong and he is able to comment freely - I thought he did well during the NFL draft on the NFLN.

Love to have Fouts back...even Dennis Miller wasn't as bad as Tony K.

KO'd

God you guys are bothered by a lot of things I just ignore.

Gruden will slip up and say what he really thinks. That's got to be worth a lot.

I would like Fouts too just no Dennie Miller. He was embarrassing to listen to.

God you guys are bothered by a lot of things I just ignore.

It would appear that someone's politics affects randull even when it comes to football announcing... :wacko:

Wow, this is great! Actually, I could give two craps. So, in the past, when the game itself was exciting, I would watch the whole thing and when it sucked, I'd turn it off and go away. Sounds pretty much like what will happen now.

I can never remember Tony ruining an otherwise good game nor anyone good enough to keep me watching when it was crap.

I think hullaballoo about the MNF crew is among the most over-analyzed things in sports which really, really says a lot.

I agree 100%.

If you remember, Fouts actually was funnier than Miller, and turned Miller into the 'straight guy' - which certainly wasn't the plan.

Fouts is a pretty funny guy.

Really, I think the problem with Miller was he was brought in to be "Dennis Miller" - witty, acerbic, etc. Then when he got the job, he went all ESPN and didn't want to offend any players or coaches, so he just sort of neutered himself.

I also recall Fouts undercutting Miller on a few occasions - where Miller would make a comment or an observation and Fouts would just sort of give him a "well, what do you know about anything?" comment.

None of this is saying Miller DIDN'T suck, just kind of going into WHY he sucked.

Kornheiser doesn't bother me but he doesn't bring anything to the table either.

Fouts is a pretty funny guy.

Really, I think the problem with Miller was he was brought in to be "Dennis Miller" - witty, acerbic, etc. Then when he got the job, he went all ESPN and didn't want to offend any players or coaches, so he just sort of neutered himself.

I also recall Fouts undercutting Miller on a few occasions - where Miller would make a comment or an observation and Fouts would just sort of give him a "well, what do you know about anything?" comment.

None of this is saying Miller DIDN'T suck, just kind of going into WHY he sucked.

Kornheiser doesn't bother me but he doesn't bring anything to the table either.

I remember it got to the point where Miller would crack a flat joke, then Fouts would make a funny joke at the failed joke's expense then draw out the last play and teach me ANOTHER thing I didn't know about reading pre-snap moves.

Seriously, that guy is a broadcasting savant. He must not get along with producers or something. His on air persona is great, there has too be a behind the scenes reason he got pushed down to college, then into part time.

After Chucky gets his feet wet they should let him PRE call the play and see if it happens.. such as, watch out for the TE to slide block and run an out here for 10 yards. It will be kinda hard to hear Chucky because he will always be holding the play selection card in front of his mouth. Old habits die hard

About freaking time. The few times I was stupid enough or "forced" to listen to Kornhole (like at a friend's house for a game) he again and again proved to be one of the worst announcers ever - and about 95% of all people's opinions I've heard on him agreed. Do these people live in a bubble?

But mostly this is moot point since I've been muting the game for many years.

I liked Kornheiser too. I thought he made MNF feel like an event again, not just the football game that happened to be played on monday night. I think his biggest problem was that he really didn't have a running mate. Tirico is too dry and I don't think Jaws really understood where Kornheiser was trying to take the conversations. For example, Kornheiser would often try to play devil's advocate, and then Jaws would blast him for having that opinion, even though it wasn't really his true opinion. They just didn't seemm to be on the same page very often. I agree that it wasn't a very good team, but I don't think Kornheiser deserves all the blame.

Fouts bothers me. Not entirely sure why. Just not a fan. The one I really can't stand though is Tirico. Brown nosin', vanilla pudding. He just takes himself way too seriously.

I liked Kornheiser too. I thought he made MNF feel like an event again, not just the football game that happened to be played on monday night. I think his biggest problem was that he really didn't have a running mate. Tirico is too dry and I don't think Jaws really understood where Kornheiser was trying to take the conversations. For example, Kornheiser would often try to play devil's advocate, and then Jaws would blast him for having that opinion, even though it wasn't really his true opinion. They just didn't seemm to be on the same page very often. I agree that it wasn't a very good team, but I don't think Kornheiser deserves all the blame.

Fouts bothers me. Not entirely sure why. Just not a fan. The one I really can't stand though is Tirico. Brown nosin', vanilla pudding. He just takes himself way too seriously.

mmmmmmmmm pudding. :drooling:

Edited by tazinib1

I was beginning to wonder.......lol.

So...the majority here likes Tirico?? Really?? I don't dislike him personally or anything.....but I think he's pretty lousy as an NFL play-by-play guy. Maybe he won't feel the need now to comment piously on Tony's rants and just concentrate on his part of the deal now. He spent too much time trying to offset Tony's sarcasm and would forget what down they were on in the game. :wacko:

I can't help it......lol.......I like Jaws. I love hearing him break down a play. But I think with Gruden there, he'll defer more to the coach or, at the very least, those two will have nice commentary on what's actually going on down on the field......LOL. Gruden was green during the combine and draft.....but he warmed up pretty fast.