[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's have a little fun

Bronco Billy

It's a little slow, and quite a few of the dynasty leagues have drafted or are in the middle of current drafts. Let's see if we can't shake some knowledge loose.

Here's the game: We throw out the top 3 QBs, top 5 RBs, top 6 WRs, and top 3 TEs (arguaby established by me, of course, since it's my thread). Given the loss of these guys off the board, who are the guys remaining who were either drafted or picked up as UDFAs this year who will make a significant impact over their career? More importantly, why do you think they will make an impact and what are the weaknesses that caused them to drop out of the list below that could end up tripping them up?

As a bonus, if you feel that any of the players on the list below are going to be busts, post that and your supporting why they will be busts.

I'm going to let a few Huddlers comment and then I'll post my list (unless no one relly feels like playing, in which case I'll get the ball rolling and post my list).

Here's the list of arguably the top players at each O FF position that are omitted (unless you project a bad career for them):

Top 3 QBs:

Matt Stafford, DET

Mark Sanchez, NYJ

Josh Freeman, TB

Top 5 RBs:

Knowshown Moreno, DEN

Donald Brown, IND

Chris "Beanie" Wells, AZ

LeShon McCoy, PHI

Shonn Greene, NYJ

Top 6 WRs:

Michael Crabtree, SF

Jeremy Maclin, PHI

Hakeem Nicks, NYG

Darrius Heyward-Bey, OAK

Percy Harvin, MIN

Kenny Britt, TEN

Top 3 TEs:

Brandon Pettigrew, DET

Jared Cook, TEN

Chase Coffman, CIN

Have at it. Remember to support your argument.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Some guys names I wanna throw out:

Gartrell Johnson, RB, Chargers

James Davis, RB, Browns

Glen Coffee, RB, 49ers

All in situations where they can supplement the starter who has a lot of wear on their bodies.

Also, love Tate of the Patriots and Turner of the Dolphins. With good offensives and will be used properly.

Ok, I'll bite.

TE: Cornelius Ingram PHI

Injury suppressed his draft stock (knee ligaments) but this guy is John Mackey award winning talent. I think you have to pay attention to any TE that the Eagles and Seahawks draft because despite the fact that they usually don't have the most talented TEs, they always seem to get their looks, and important looks at that. Despite the fact that LJ Smith has some god-awful hands, McNabb always threw him the ball in the redzone. Plays are designed to get the ball to the TE in that offense. Brent Celek is the only variable in this equation but I think the Eagles are comfortable allowing Celek to be the both the blocking and pass-catching TE until Ingram is healthy and ready to contribute.

RB: James Davis CLE

It's unfortunate that Davis got jammed this year by a weak offensive line at Clemson. Until last year, he never had a YPC under 5. Guy still put through double digit TDs however. He probably gets drafted much higher last year than this year if he came out. That being said, Davis couldn't find a cushier landing spot. Behind an aging JLew who has logged over 2600 touches in his career and a Browns running back corps that is fairly small, I think Davis can flourish. The Cleveland offensive line in one of the best in the NFL and managed to turn a plodder into an FF stud the year before. I realize that this blurb sounds very shortsighted but generally RBs just need an initial break to get a significant workload and if they impress, they can shed their draft pedigree (good or bad).

WR: Brian Robiskie CLE

Why is it that geriatric Isaac Bruce is still able to get open on corners half his age? Because he can run precise routes and is able to sell his move rather than just beat his cover man with speed and strength. IMO, no rookie receiver embodies that more than Robiskie. Crisp and clean routes, good hands and his dad is a WR coach in the NFL. He's tall (6'3") and has the frame to build even more strength onto his 210 lb mass. I really like this guy and I think he can become an excellent possession receiver.

Pat White will be what everyone hoped Mike Vick would be.

Like Goop, I also think Coffee is a legit RB. Not speedy by any stretch, but he's good at reading blocks, holding on to the ball and should have a productive career. Not a superstar, but a workmanlike back used on running downs.

Ok, I'll bite.

TE: Cornelius Ingram PHI

Injury suppressed his draft stock (knee ligaments) but this guy is John Mackey award winning talent. I think you have to pay attention to any TE that the Eagles and Seahawks draft because despite the fact that they usually don't have the most talented TEs, they always seem to get their looks, and important looks at that. Despite the fact that LJ Smith has some god-awful hands, McNabb always threw him the ball in the redzone. Plays are designed to get the ball to the TE in that offense. Brent Celek is the only variable in this equation but I think the Eagles are comfortable allowing Celek to be the both the blocking and pass-catching TE until Ingram is healthy and ready to contribute.

+1

reports say he looked the best of anyone at the minicamp....including the veterans! Fully recovered from his knee surgery, and ready to contribute immediately once he picks up the offense. Haven't seen much of him on film,, but everything I have read says he is an absolute beast, and may be the best pick the Eagles have made in years.

Okay, I can't help myself. I'll post a few, although this is hardly my entire list (which I'll add more of later):

QB

Nate Davis, SF

Davis learned football in the cradle of QBs, the MAC conference, which has a surprisingly good track record for producing NFL starting level capable QBs. He has solid arm strength - though not a rocket - but much more importantly he has great mechanics: Great throwing motion, high release point, very quick release. He throws a very pretty spiral. On top of that, he's very accurate and makes good decisions on where to throw the ball to make his receiver's job easier while making the defender's job more difficult. He's athletic, can move in the pocket and has enough size to take shots either in the pocket or running from NFL level players and not get killed. He's one of those guys who isn't the best at every facet of the position, but he has so many overall strengths that the total package adds up to more than the sum of the parts. He also joins a team desperately in search of a starting QB that apparently has pissed away the 1.01 pick in Alex Smith and is using journeymen to man the position. He doesn't have to be the next Montana/Young to get his shot with this crew.

The downside is that he played in a shotgun O in college, meaning he'll need to refine his footwork on drops, that he struggled the last two games of his career which seems to have made a lasting impression on a lot of scouting departments, and that he has a learning disability. Some further research on the LD showed it to be dyslexia - which can be easily accomodated and overcome. Between the footwork and overcoming the LD, I would expect it will take until 2010 until we see what he is really capable of, but I'll be watching this preseason with great interest.

RB

Cedric Peerman, BAL

Peerman is the classic size/weight of many of the great RBs - 5'-10"/215 lbs. He has a very complete game, being able to run inside, bounce to the outside and run the stretch play, is a very good blocker, and has outstanding hands out of the backfield. He has good field vision and runs instinctively, waiting for a seam and then bursting through it when it opens. He gradede out very well in his measureables at the combine as well. The only thing he doesn't really do is make the Sports Center type plays - he is very good at everything, but not overwhelmingly great at any one thing. Add to that he is a natural leader and a very high character guy.

His downside is that he went to a team loaded at RB, and he has small hands that could cause ball control issues (and makes me think back to William Green, though this guy is head & shoulders above Green as a football player). The small hands thing is out of his control, though he can work on strength and keeping the ball tightly nestled to reduce fumbling. The crowded backfield actually doesn't worry me much - McGahee is showing signs of wear and tear on his knees, which were blown out completely in college, has a lousy attitude, and is carrying way too much salary to cause as much concern/discontent as he does. McGahee could be a post-June 1st cut if BAL wants to spread out his cap hit over 2 years, but given his contract he almost certainly a cap casualty after this season. Rice was given every opportunity to win the job last year during the season and for some reason his skills don't seem to be transfering completely to the next level (and I really liked Rice's chances last year at this time). Rice seems to be destnied to be the "B" back in a RBBC. McClain has already been shifted back to FB, which is where it appears BAL wants to keep him, but felt obligated to use him at RB last year - where he was solid and gave a good effort but was hardly the type of RB BAL wants back there. That leaves a hole for Peerson.

WR

Brandon Tate, NE

Highly productive WR who has a complete tool kit for the position. He has the height, the athleticism, the work ethic, the ability, and the hands to be a great one. He isn't the fastest guy in the league but has very deceptive speed and is quick as hell to boot. Runs great routes, catches with his hands, will fight for balls, uses his body well, and will catch the ball anywhere on the field. Makes tough catches look routine. He will add to the return game if asked to do so and is a good downfield blocker, stalking and negating the opponent very effectively.

The downside: the obvious - the ACL injury. He won't be ready to hit the field until the season is well underway, but ACL injuries aren't what they used to be and sports medicine is getting guys back in a year at 100% from this injury. If it doesn't affect his head, and I don't expect it to given the kind of person he is, he'll be as good as he was pre-injury. The only other downside I see is his weight - I'd like to see him gain about 10 to 12 pounds of muscle, since he is on the lean side, but he's got the room to do it and not affect his play, IMO.

TE

James Casey, HOU

I absolutely love this guy. He is an incredible athlete who actually played 7 different positions in one college game - one game! He's 6'-4" and 240 lbs, so he has the size for the position, but what he brings to the table is what a lot of TEs don't and can't athletically: He can run well with the ball, he catches well (over 100 catches last year in college), he adjusts to poorly thrown balls, he'll take the shot going across the middle but he can split the seam and catch the deep ball. Tracks balls well in the air and uses his hands to secure catches. He can even takes snaps in the wildcat formation or be the holder for kicks. Don't make a mistake, he's not quick enough to be a WR, but he has more than adequate speed for the position in the pros. I look at his skill package and I look at where he went - to Kubiak in HOU, and I see Shannon Sharpe all over again.

Downside: He needs to learn how to block and play on the line with a hand on the ground. It may take a bit for him to get on the field regularly for what are considered running downs (something Sharpe had to learn also). He's also 24 yrs old because he played some pro baseball, but that actually could be an advantage given his position (the maturity angle) and the longevity available there.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Some guys names I wanna throw out:

Gartrell Johnson, RB, Chargers

James Davis, RB, Browns

Glen Coffee, RB, 49ers

All in situations where they can supplement the starter who has a lot of wear on their bodies.

Also, love Tate of the Patriots and Turner of the Dolphins. With good offensives and will be used properly.

I'm not a fan of Coffee or Gartrell (though I did draft Gartrell in one league because he fell so far that it justified the risk/reward in my mind). I think both guys are over-rated. I like Gartrell's chances better since while he is one-dimensional as a RB, that one dimension of a between the tackles hammer is something he can do very well. Coffee reminds me way too much of Tatum Bell in almost every aspect of his game. He'll give you the 30 yd run surrounded by a ton of -2 to 2 yd runs, and he gets tackled by a tall blade of grass.

I think Davis can give CLE Jamaal Lewis II and do exactly what Lewis does for them. That's a bit limited, but certainly effective and could make for a good pro career and a decent RB2 in FF.

My next bunch:

QB

Tom Brandstater, DEN

Brandstater has protoypical QB measureables. Has shown streaks of play that are as good as any QB in the draft. Athletic, can throw accurately rolling either direction. Experienced in a pro styl offense and played for a very solid college coaching staff. Has a very quick overhand release. Is a natural leader and displays play that makes team mates like him and work harder. The X factor: Drafted by McDaniels, who while overall I still think is a chump for a HC, can develop late round picks into very good NFL QBs. That's enticing for where you can get him in a FF draft. With his physical ability and mental makeup, if he can get coached up he could end up being a very good QB at the NFL level.

Downsides: Trouble with the deep pass and likes to throw into coverage - more of a move-the-chains QB than a lightning strike. While he shows streaks of playing like a first rounder, he has also shown streaks of playing like a guy who ought to be flipping burgers - he's wildly inconsistent. Ball coming out of his hands at times looks like a kicked ball rather than a thrown ball.

RB

Bernard Scott, CIN

This guy has all the physical tools to be literally a stud RB with the single exception of size, and he makes me wonder if there isn't another Tiki Barber or Michael Westbrook on tap here. The guy has elite running ability, with great lean and pad level, good decision making and instincts, gets to 100% speed very quickly, and he can cut on a dime. He controls his body so that no one seems to get a clean lick on him and he has never missed a game in college due to injury. Runs through trash and feet never stop. Great reciever out of the backfield, is a mismatch for any LB and turns up field quickly after securing the ball. Add to that he has only Cedric Benson in front of him, and Benson despite his kudos last year was below the Mendoza line (again) in ypc.

Downside: He has character issues. The guy has been arrested a few times and has been through a couple of college programs. Despite that, he still managed to get drafted - which says a lot about his ability. Word has it that he may have had an epiphany and has changed his attitude and outlook, and his maturity may have caught up to his age. He's 25, and he'll have to hit the ground running (literally) or his career will be over before it ever started, he doesn't have time to spend 3 to 4 years learning to play at the NFL level. He'll need to get a bit better at pass blocking.

WR

Dudley Guice, TEN

This is an UDFA that I just have to put the word out on and it's threads like this that I can't resist. The kid is predominantly unknown out of Northwestern State in Louisiana and you won't find even a blurb on him at the draft board at nfl.com. Recruited to play CB by Mississippi St but chose the small school to play WR. He has great size: 6'-3" and 210 lbs, and he put up eye popping verified pro day numbers that would have put him in top 5 WR territory in this year's class with a 4.40 40 and a 41 inch vertical. He was an academic scholar, with almost a 3.6 gpa and was a semifinalist for an academic Heismann. He gets great seperation and defeats press coverage with strength. Add to that his performance at the Texas vs the Nation all star game, where he ran impeccable routes, showed great hands and concentration, and caught anything within his very large wingspan, and basically stole the show offensively, and you have a potential no-name to starter similar to Marques Colston. He's got the potential to be what everyone wants Kenny Britt to be but you can get him with your last pick in your draft unless you have some particularly astute leaguemates. Going to TEN means that he'll get decent reps and a good long look during OTAs and training camp, since TEN always seems to be looking for WRs. He could break on to the scene in a big way from nowhere. This is a kid who I have been keeping an eye on for a couple of years and he is starting to get noticed.

Downside: His level of competition wasn't that great, so he'll have to learn to cope with the level of play that pro CBs put out - that may take a little bit, or it could discourage him permanently. The rest of the pieces are there.

TE

Shawn Nelson, BUF

He's got superb physicl skills -and is big enough at 6'-5" and 240 lbs to have enough mass to play on the line. He has very good hands and makes great adjustments to poorly thrown balls. He gets good seperation and willing goes across the middle. Showed at the Senior Bowl that he can block against the best the D had to offer, meaning he's probably going to be on the field in almost every situation. His frame has enough room to add 10 to 15 lbs without affecting his play. He also doesn't have superior competition at TE, having to beat out only Derek Fine to win the starting job. He's probably the guy DEN wanted when they drafted Scheffler.

Downside: BUF has a lot of targets to catch the ball, and TE might get overlooked, especially if Hardy is healthy at the beginning of the season. Until he gains some strength and bulk, he may struggle a bit on the line.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Glen Coffee is the most underrated dynasty RB going. Picked him up at 2.12 and 3.01 in two recent Z drafts.

How many rookies drafted this late will have 100 carries this season--and a strong chance for more? SF's new OC Jimmy Raye is a Norv-clone who, like Singletary, wants to "impose our will" on teams and run the ball down fools throats all year, especially with the weak sissyboy D's of the Rams, Seahawks and Fluke Cards in division.

Increased carries + increased TOP - Deshon Foster + no other competition for carries = Coffee Value.

Grab him if you can.

Next batch:

QB

Not really crazy about any of the other QBs from this year's draft. I know Stephen McGee moved way up draft boards, but he's stuck behind Romo and I don't share the enthusiasm for him - I see him as more of an athlete playing QB rather than a bonafide QB. His accuracy and ability to read Ds is highly questionable, and that's a death sentence for QBs in the NFL. I don't think Pat White will ever play QB as anything more than a gimmick. That's not to say he doesn't have value, but if he's listed as a QB in FF leagues his production through rushes and receptions won't keep up with even mediocre QBs in most FF leagues. Mike Teel enters a great situation in SEA, but he's kind of an enigma for a pro QB. His short and medium range passes are 100 mph fastballs, but his long passes float and wobble - that tells me he doesn't have any touch. He is smart as a whip, but tends to throw into coverage and eyeball his receiver the entire way, and his accuracy is questionable. I don't see him as a starter quality QB and I think SEA will wait until next year to find Hasselbeck's replacement when there will be some real gems at QB coming out.

RB

James Davis, CLE

Davis is a skilled RB coming out of a bad senior season in college due to his entire team falling apart, starting with the entire O-line, which really hurt all Clemson skill players' stock. He's very similar in what he brings to the table as the guy who he figures to be the heir apparent - Jamal Lewis. He'll run with power, is patient, gets up to speed quickly and with pop when the hole opens, and he'll show you playing speed that is better than his timed speed. He isn't a great threat to catch a lot of balls out of the backfield and he needs to make a lot more effort blocking, which will probably keep him off the field in passing downs, but he'll be a work horse when it comes time to run the ball. I could see production almost exactly in what Lewis gives CLE, meaning we're probably looking at a good RB2 for the next 5 to 7 years here, unless CLE decides to go stud RB in a future draft.

Downside: He won't be on the field during passing situations, and he'll probably have to wait for Lewis to retire, get hurt, or get cut to make a soild FF impact since I don't see his skills as surpassing Lewis'. He'll move down the charts a bit in ppr leagues, but he ought to give decent production.

WR

Mike Thomas, JAX

Here's a guy who has all the right reasons to pick him up in a FF draft in the midrounds, and won't get picked up earlier for the wrong reasons. This guy is plain and simple a stud WR. He knows football, he has all the necessary athletic ability, his attitude is superb, he'll fight for every football, he's got both good quickness and good speed, and he's nails going over the middle. In short, he's everything you'd ever ask a WR to be at the NFL level - except tall. He goes to a team that has desperately been searching for any kind of reliable WR since Jimmy Smith left, and he fits the bill to a tee. This guy has potential future star written all over him. He plays much, much bigger than he is.

The downside: His height. If his NFL coaches can get over the fact that he's 5'-8" and realize that he's got tremendous ability both in the slot and as an outside WR, he'll get an opportunity to cash in for big numbers. If his coaches decide that he's too small to play on the outside, he'll be limited and need to play for a HC who has imagination using the slot (like Belicheck) to hit good numbers. He'll only go as far as his coaches will allow. He'll also be tied to Garrard's ability to throw the football, but I don't see that as a concern once he gets some decent guys to catch the ball for him.

TE

I'd metion Ingram, but others here got to him before I did, and I agree that he'll be a very good pro TE in an O that will get the TE footballs, even if they are turds. Word out of camp so far is that he's the most impressive player on the field, either rook or vet, so far. I don't see how Celek keeps him from playing this year. That said, I'll take a look at:

Davon Drew, BAL

Here's another wild card TE that I really like a lot, just like I like Casey, and he's bigger than Casey at 6'-4" but carrying 256 lbs. The reason I like these kinds of guys so much is that they fit the new breed of TE who can play in the backfield as a blocker, play in the slot, play on the end of the line, or even line up outside. This one kind of player puts tremendous pressure on a D because they allow a team to go from a power running set to a slot set to a multiple wide set without a change in personnel - meaning there's no way to anticipate a situation and adjust with D personnel and play by the players on the field for the O. That creates mismatches, particularly for these kinds of players, most of the time. Drew is a former QB who moved to TE, most likely to give him a shot at playing pro ball. Most times when this happens with players, they end up moving to WR. Drew is big enough and strong enough that he can move to TE and play credibly. That gives him a big edge in sticking and making an impact on the roster and on the field as he learns the finer points of the position as it is played in the bigs. He's got the receiving end down, and he has very good hands, runs good routes, can defeat press coverage, and gets good yardage after the catch. The only thing he hasn't shown quite yet is that he is as prolific as Casey, who racked up huge catches in college. What he needs to really learn at the pro level is how to use his mass and strength as an asset in blocking. He's willing, but very raw in that facet of the game. Once he learns that, this guy is an every down player and a DC's nightmare.

Downside: He needs to learn in-line blocking almost from scratch, meaning it will take time for him to get included in power running packages or when he's required to be in-line. He's got Todd Heap in front of him, but as every Heap owner can tell you, he's a stud but he's also a fragile quantity. Heap also doesn't preclude Drew from being on the field at the same time, since Drew can line up in multiple positional setups. Even though LJ Smith was added, I can't see Smith as being capable of keeping Drew off the field in all but power running sets. If BAL uses Heap and Smith at TE and Drew in the backfield, they'll really screw with opposing Ds.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Glen Coffee is the most underrated dynasty RB going. Picked him up at 2.12 and 3.01 in two recent Z drafts.

How many rookies drafted this late will have 100 carries this season--and a strong chance for more? SF's new OC Jimmy Raye is a Norv-clone who, like Singletary, wants to "impose our will" on teams and run the ball down fools throats all year, especially with the weak sissyboy D's of the Rams, Seahawks and Fluke Cards in division.

Increased carries + increased TOP - Deshon Foster + no other competition for carries = Coffee Value.

Grab him if you can.

Since when does being a Norv-clone bode well for the run game?

QB

Nate Davis, SF

Davis learned football in the cradle of QBs, the MAC conference, which has a surprisingly good track record for producing NFL starting level capable QBs. He has solid arm strength - though not a rocket - but much more importantly he has great mechanics: Great throwing motion, high release point, very quick release. He throws a very pretty spiral. On top of that, he's very accurate and makes good decisions on where to throw the ball to make his receiver's job easier while making the defender's job more difficult. He's athletic, can move in the pocket and has enough size to take shots either in the pocket or running from NFL level players and not get killed. He's one of those guys who isn't the best at every facet of the position, but he has so many overall strengths that the total package adds up to more than the sum of the parts. He also joins a team desperately in search of a starting QB that apparently has pissed away the 1.01 pick in Alex Smith and is using journeymen to man the position. He doesn't have to be the next Montana/Young to get his shot with this crew.

The downside is that he played in a shotgun O in college, meaning he'll need to refine his footwork on drops, that he struggled the last two games of his career which seems to have made a lasting impression on a lot of scouting departments, and that he has a learning disability. Some further research on the LD showed it to be dyslexia - which can be easily accomodated and overcome. Between the footwork and overcoming the LD, I would expect it will take until 2010 until we see what he is really capable of, but I'll be watching this preseason with great interest.

Couple more downsides are:

1. He wears gloves on both hands, he'll have fumbling problems in the NFL

2. He throws without using the laces (where the ball lands in his hand is where he throws it from)

both are correctable, except for:

3. He refuses to take direction from the coaches. Some is from the learning disability, but not entirely. Refusal is not the same as can't.

I wouldn't expect much from him within 3 years, possibly never.

Couple more downsides are:

1. He wears gloves on both hands, he'll have fumbling problems in the NFL

2. He throws without using the laces (where the ball lands in his hand is where he throws it from)

both are correctable, except for:

3. He refuses to take direction from the coaches. Some is from the learning disability, but not entirely. Refusal is not the same as can't.

I wouldn't expect much from him within 3 years, possibly never.

I think pro coaches will change this. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if they allowed him to continue with the gloves - it never occurred to me that they would allow it.

You must not have read LT's stat line the past 2 seasons.

Norv's offense is not catered to the running game.

Are you new to football--or just not remember his track record over the past 15-20 years? :wacko:

Are you new to football--or just not remember his track record over the past 15-20 years? :wacko:

Tazzy-girl, I want some of what you've been smoking dude.

I don't give a rip about what he's done in the past. I can't stand Norv and he pretty much wasted LT's last 2 years. You can have all the man love you want for him, put it in a nice little bottle, and sell it at Macy's perfume counter for all I care.

I'm not a fan of Coffee or Gartrell (though I did draft Gartrell in one league because he fell so far that it justified the risk/reward in my mind). I think both guys are over-rated. I like Gartrell's chances better since while he is one-dimensional as a RB, that one dimension of a between the tackles hammer is something he can do very well. Coffee reminds me way too much of Tatum Bell in almost every aspect of his game. He'll give you the 30 yd run surrounded by a ton of -2 to 2 yd runs, and he gets tackled by a tall blade of grass.

I think Davis can give CLE Jamaal Lewis II and do exactly what Lewis does for them. That's a bit limited, but certainly effective and could make for a good pro career and a decent RB2 in FF.

I'm in a dynasty with Frank Gore as one of my RBs, and agonized over handcuffing with Coffee or throwing caution to the wind and go for James Davis with pick 2.08. I held my breath and went with Davis. There's something about his monster stats at Clemson (47 TDs) that has to count for something.

Also, JLewis has MUCH more mileage than Gore at this point as well. Coffe projects (with Gor healthy) as a Kevan Barlow level guy to Gore's Hearst: 500-600 and 6TDs.

I'm in a dynasty with Frank Gore as one of my RBs, and agonized over handcuffing with Coffee or throwing caution to the wind and go for James Davis with pick 2.08. I held my breath and went with Davis. There's something about his monster stats at Clemson (47 TDs) that has to count for something.

Also, JLewis has MUCH more mileage than Gore at this point as well. Coffe projects (with Gor healthy) as a Kevan Barlow level guy to Gore's Hearst: 500-600 and 6TDs.

Dude you had to post that now? I'm 2 picks away!!!

ETA: Sniped :wacko:

Edited by tazinib1

You must not have read LT's stat line the past 2 seasons.

Norv's offense is not catered to the running game.

How many touches has LT had over his career? How healthy has he been the last couple years?

Lamont Jordon - under turner - 70 catches. 1,588 total yards and 11 TDs. This was on a HORRIBLE team

Ricky on NO averaged 1,043 yards and 6 TDs a year. His first year under Turner? 1,853 and 17 TDs. Again - on a bad team.

Stephen Davis was drafted in 1996. He sucked until Turner came to Washington and made him a starter. Results: 1,405 yards and 11 TDs.

I don't think Turner was the problem.

I hate the guy as a head coach - but I love him if I am a RB in his system.

Heck, he even made a broken down, washed up Terry Allen look good

Edited by Duchess Jack

How many touches has LT had over his career? How healthy has he been the last couple years?

Lamont Jordon - under turner - 70 catches. 1,588 total yards and 11 TDs. This was on a HORRIBLE team

Ricky on NO averaged 1,043 yards and 6 TDs a year. His first year under Turner? 1,853 and 17 TDs. Again - on a bad team.

Stephen Davis was drafted in 1996. He sucked until Turner came to Washington and made him a starter. Results: 1,405 yards and 11 TDs.

I don't think Turner was the problem.

I hate the guy as a head coach - but I love him if I am a RB in his system.

Heck, he even made a broken down, washed up Terry Allen look good

Hammer, meet nail...

It's a rusty nail. Hope your wearing good shoes.

Ok you guys have proved your point.

I'm a Norv hater. Period.

And admitting it is the first step to recovery! Now, if we could get you to admit the opposite about J-sew. FWIW, I was telling folks right after the draft that Rivers would be the better QB (over Eli). That might be debatable (a championship versus stats), but Rivers is just a flat winner, even if he is a ninny.