[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am like so not gonna reinstate Mike Vick

Roger Goodell

Hey Rog old buddy. How you doin'?

Say, got a question, can you clarify something for me? When you file retirement papers, doesn't that mean you can no longer play? Any way you can make your players understand that better?

Thanks Bud!

he has paid his dues. reinstate.

If Vick is not re-instated it will only be because Roger doesn't want to deal with the hassle. Too bad guys that are killed by NFL players don't have as strong a voice as animal rights activists.

If Vick is not re-instated it will only be because Roger doesn't want to deal with the hassle. Too bad guys that are killed by NFL players don't have as strong a voice as animal rights activists.

This is troof. What he did was horrible, but they are animals. When you ban anyone that does anything that kills a fellow human then I'll be willing to listen.

Yeah, because a crime isn't bad if there are worse crimes around. :D PS I give up, what murderers are playing in the NFL?

Spending a year or 2 in the clink is hardly justice for what that POS did IMO. But I have no doubt he'll be back in the league before you know it - Goodell the so-called no-nonsense tough guy will see to that. :wacko: Might as well bring back Tagliaboob.

Edited by BeeR

He wasn't in jail for killing dogs. In fact he didn't get any time but probation for that.

The state would have let him off for everything, in fact the feds stepped in at the last minute and brought these charges.

Yeah, because a crime isn't bad if there are worse crimes around. :D PS I give up, what murderers are playing in the NFL?

Spending a year or 2 in the clink is hardly justice for what that POS did IMO. But I have no doubt he'll be back in the league before you know it - Goodell the so-called no-nonsense tough guy will see to that. :wacko: Might as well bring back Tagliaboob.

Leonard Little.

Beer, Do you think that when people serve out their punishments that they should still be punished? When do you feel they should stop getting punished?

I think Vick is a tool - but I cannot think of any reason not to let him back in. If he screws up again, kick him out.

Oh... and I believe Little has gotten a DUI since his vehicular manslaughter.

Edited by Duchess Jack

I didn't say that Vick killed dogs. He just had them try to kill each other for the sport of it and a little Ka Ching. Yes that is a crime not to be taken lightly. He was penalized for it and today his time is up. Does he deserve to be back in the NFL? I don't know the answer to that. But the main reason against it would be because the league won't want protesters showing up at their stadiums. Vick was a hugh attraction for the NFL. Kids wore his spamshirts and probably more often than any other NFL player. But now he has become the biggest distraction to the league because of that same popularity he once had.

Other NFL players have committed major crimes. How about Leonard Little or Donte Stallworth.

According to reports...Stallworth told the arriving officer, "I hit the man lying in the road," the affidavit said. He said he had time to honk his horn and flash his headlights to alert Reyes, according to the documents. Police smelled alcohol on his breath, the documents said, and Stallworth provided a blood sample at the scene.

I have an idea for Donte. How about applying the brakes or avoiding the dude instead of hoping he gets out of your way? :wacko:

Maybe it's not fair of me to single out one or two cases. There's plenty of websites available that will log NFL player incidents. Here's one of those. link I'll let you guys decide if Michael Vick is tops on the list or not.

Edited by MikesVikes

This is troof. What he did was horrible, but they are animals. When you ban anyone that does anything that kills a fellow human then I'll be willing to listen.

I think what many are forgetting is the GAMBLING aspect of what he did...that is HUGH

and note that it is crimeS not a single crime

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell previously has said that the ability of Falcons quarterback Mike Vick to return to the league will be driven by the extent to which he shows remorse for his crimes.

Edited by keggerz

The gambling part of it doesn't involve him betting on games that he participated in such as Pete Rose did.

There is precedent there Paul Hornung and Alex Karras had indefinite suspensions for gambling in 1963 and were reinstated a year later.

I'd have no problem letting Vick back in the league. He should have to go a few rounds with Chuck Liddell first though.

Chuck Liddell is on the verge of being punch drunk.

Either way, Mike Vick has paid more for animal cruelty than players have for killing someone when they were ripped and got behind the steering wheel. He's already lost everything and spent two years in the prison. You guys need to move on and get over it. Peta was wanting to do some work with him. If the slippies can be ok with him, you guys should be too.