[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top Chef Masters

WashingtonD

I am definitely eating there next time we are in town, hopefully a bit of the top chef surge I am certainly they are currently experiencing will have died down by then. I really gained a lot of respect for him on the show.....everything he did was really thoughtful and creative, and looked and sounded delicious. through the whole show, he was probably the only person who never once made a really serious mistake. everything was at a really high level and he seems like a really good, down to earth guy.

He is offering the exact menu he did for the final as a tasting menu (plus a peach cobbler dessert) for $90.00 per person right now.

He is sold out on Fridays and Saturdays until November . . .lol

He is offering the exact menu he did for the final as a tasting menu (plus a peach cobbler dessert) for $90.00 per person right now.

He is sold out on Fridays and Saturdays until November . . .lol

My guess is your referring to Topolobampo. We went to The Frontera Grill which is right next door and does not take reservations, first come first served. For us about 2 hours. Although I would have loved to try his menu from the final it was not offered at The Frontera. However, we were able to get in and it was delicious.

My guess is your referring to Topolobampo. We went to The Frontera Grill which is right next door and does not take reservations, first come first served. For us about 2 hours. Although I would have loved to try his menu from the final it was not offered at The Frontera. However, we were able to get in and it was delicious.

Does he rotate between the 3 restaurants nightly, weekly or does most of his sous chefs do the cooking? I guess what I'm asking is he name only or do you have a shot to actually have him in the place cooking?

Does he rotate between the 3 restaurants nightly, weekly or does most of his sous chefs do the cooking? I guess what I'm asking is he name only or do you have a shot to actually have him in the place cooking?

Not sure. I talked to a buddy of mine that has been to The Frontera a couple times and Bayless actually walked through and met with people one of those evenings. We didnt see him on Saturday but my guess is that he is pretty busy these days with the popularity of Top Chef. His new place, Frontera Fresco seems like a small lunch type place in the Macy's building. I highly doubt he is there very often. But like I said, Frontera Grill and Topolobampo share one building and it would be easy for him to be in both of those on any given night.

ETA: thought you might be interested in what we had and the cost:

APPITIZER:

Ceviche Yucateco: steamed organic shrimp and calamari tossed with lime, orange, habanero, avocado, jcama and cilantro. 12.50

ME:

Carne Asada a la Oaxaquena: Creekstone Natural Black Angus rib steak, marinated in spicy red chile and wood- grilled, served with black beans, sweet plantains with sour cream, and guacamole. 29.50

THE WIFE:

Falda Asada "Brava": spicy serrano-marinated grass fed flank steak (from Bill Kurtis's Tall Grass) with spicy salsa huevona (hand-crushed, grill-roasted tomatoes, jalapenos). Grilled knob onions and sweet corn tamales (topped with homemade sour cream and fresh cheese). 29.00

Edited by Cameltosis

ME:

Carne Asada a la Oaxaquena: Creekstone Natural Black Angus rib steak, marinated in spicy red chile and wood- grilled, served with black beans, sweet plantains with sour cream, and guacamole. 29.50

THE WIFE:

Falda Asada "Brava": spicy serrano-marinated grass fed flank steak (from Bill Kurtis's Tall Grass) with spicy salsa huevona (hand-crushed, grill-roasted tomatoes, jalapenos). Grilled knob onions and sweet corn tamales (topped with homemade sour cream and fresh cheese). 29.00

:stomachrumbling:

Yep. Tompolobampo. The #1 best restaurant in the year (I forget by what panel, I "think" James Beard . .)

I ate at topo and frontera a couple of years ago.

I thought the food was good but not great although I'm kind of a foodie so my standards are high.

Bayless was there and walked through the dining room a couple of times.

Curious where you've had better Mexican food.

Don't say Mexico. :wacko:

Peace

policy

• 3 weeks later...