[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interboard League Challenge

StormChasers

Once again it is time for Huddlers to step up to the challenge of joining the Team representing the Huddle Boards in a competition between 8 to 10 Fantasy Football Web site Message Boards. In 2008 participant boards included:

TheHuddle, Footballguys, FFToday, The Sports Outlaw and KFFL in IBL Division 1

The Whiz, FFToolbox, Pigskinsanity, Fantasy Guru and The Starving Brain in IBL Division 2

Each website picks 12 members from their boards to represent the website in a competition against each other. That’s right fellas and ladies, 60 teams in 1 league, the ultimate in competition and football acumen. So how does it work you might ask?

In each division of 5 boards, there are 5 separate drafts. Each of these 5 drafts have a minimum of 2 participants from each of the 5 boards with the max from anyone 1 board being 3 participants from any 1 board. These 5 drafts are spread out over a 3 week period and the draft is through MFL and a slow draft (timer between 8 to 12 hours).

What makes this league unique is the fact that you can trade in and out of your original draft. The only rule being that you can not own 2 of the same player (you can’t own 2 Adrian Peterson’s of the Vikings). There is a possibility that you could be drafting in all 5 drafts based on your trades. It is also possible that the Huddle Team could own all 5 Adrian Peterson’s as with 5 drafts means there are 5 Peterson’s to be drafted.

Each Huddler owner drafts whom ever they want and you will be playing 4 teams each week (1 each from the other boards) once the season begins. However, as much as FF is an individual sport, this league is not just an individual accomplishment you are part of the Huddle Team.

In the 9 years of existence The Huddle team has won the Team championship more than any other board in this league (we have won 3 times).

The 2008 representatives of the league were:.

MikesVikes – Not returning this year (been on the team for at least 6 years)

Usual Suspects – Not returning this year (been on the team for at least 6 years)

peepinmofo – Not returning (been on the team for 2 years)

Randall – Not returning – (Been on the team for 2 years I think)

Urlacher – Not returning – (been on the team for 2 years)

Wolverines - Will be returning

Budlitebrad (Those Guys) – Will be returning

StormChasers – Will be returning

Memphis– will be returning

LosGatos – Will be returning

Soaring Eagle - Will be joining the team in 2009

Washington D - Will be joining the team in 2009

TFord - Will be joining the team in 2009

Tazinib1 - Will be joining the team in 2009

Crippler - Will be joining the team in 2009

Goopster - Will be joining the team in 2009

BPWallace49 - Will be joining the team in 2009

RC 94 - Alternate 1

Infinity - Alternate 2

There is no fee to join this league, what is required is that you are able to dedicate a fair amount of your time, particularly between the last week of July and the last week of August. The 5 drafts run during this time and you will want to dedicate a good amount of time to seek out trades, make trades and make your picks. Additionally, this is a team and we have our own private posting boards to discuss strategy, players we like/dislike and help each other to get all 12 of our teams as strong as possible because in the end we want to kick the sh!t out of every other board and win the championship for the Huddle boards.

I am seeking more Huddler’s who wish to participate. This is your chance to compete against very knowledgeable FFers as you do with Huddler’s but now we get to show the FF world that The Huddle has the best knowledge on the web. To give you an idea on some of the competition, FBG has some of their writers on the FBG team. This would be like playing against DD or WW from The Huddle.

Post your interest here and e-mail me at sbard29770@aol.com with the subject titled (I am interested in IBL for the Huddle) In your e-mail send me some of your FF experience and if you have played in any BOTH leagues.

If you’ve been boasting that you are a great FF player and you think you’ve got the knowledge to compete against the best, than we want you on this team.

Please feel free to ask any addition questions you might have and I will answer them for you. Oh…scoring is basic scoring with PPR (we just added PPR last year).

StormChasers

(yes I know I spelled board wrong :wacko: )

Edited by StormChasers

This might be of interest... :wacko: The ability to trade in and out of different drafts would be a first and could make things very complicated. I'd have to think about it and would definitely have some questions.

This might be of interest... :wacko: The ability to trade in and out of different drafts would be a first and could make things very complicated. I'd have to think about it and would definitely have some questions.

Just let me know IRISH. I think you have my cell phone # from last year. If not just e-mail me and we can chat.

Storm

Just let me know IRISH. I think you have my cell phone # from last year. If not just e-mail me and we can chat.

Storm

Will do. Thanks Scott.

Does your fantasy football site have a team in here, Tootie?

I didn't see it listed.

Not having the minimum number of 12 board members prohibits me from having a team.

ETA: Unless you count the 100 spammers which had to be booted.

Edited by irish

attention all Huddle IBLers,

i informed stormchasers via cell phone tonight, i accepted an offer from footballguys last week to play on their IBL team in 2009. thanks for the consideration for a position on the huddle team this season. the Huddle has long been one of the best fantasy football sites on the web, and i am glad to see it return to the IBL in 2009. i encourage any serious fantasy football player to sign up to play in the IBL and represent the Huddle. it's one of the greatest individual honors you will ever receive in this game, playing for your site in the ultimate team game. Best wishes to the Huddle IBL team in 2009 and i'll see you around the message boards here.

sincerely,

mike taylor

clash of the titans :wacko:

Glad to see the interest, and happy to have you on board Taz. IBL is a really great league. For one, it's a team oriented, 60 owner league, which is an interesting twist on the standard fare. Secondly, the draft is absolutely insane. I guarantee it'll be the most fun you'll have all season if you can devote the time. Third, and best of all, you get to represent the Huddle in a league full of owners from 5 boards, all very devoted to FF.

I'm really looking forward to my second year. I'm sorry to see that we're losing some amazing members, including our two commishes, but I'm also excited to get some other great Huddlers in on the action. Welcome Taz! And Irish, I hope you come along for the ride. Let's put the Huddle back on top where it belongs.

Also, if anyone has any questions about the league, please feel free to ask them in this thread so we can turn it into a sort of FAQ for any interested Huddlers.

Long time ago Huddler who used to play for the Warroom till they expired. I am very interested in trying my hand again at this league and taking down FFToday and FBG

Long time Huddler who I know very well and asked if he'd be interested in coming back to the IBL. It would be good to have someone who knows this league well and someone who trades like a madman in this league.

As an update:

It looks as though Perch and Budlite may not be back as I have yet to hear form them. Memphis is trying to best to come back and will give me an update on June 5th. I have asked that all 2008 members get in touch with me by June 5th or I will have to move on. Thus far I have asked the following owners to take part on the Huddle team:

Soaring Eagle

Washington D

TFord

Tazinib1

Crippler

I also e-mailed Goopster, Irish and suckmyvick as they have all expressed interest in the past. Goopster wants in and he will get the next spot as he showed interest in previoius years. BPWallace is new to the Huddle so I'd like to give those that expressed an interest in IBL previously the first shot before I include BP on the team.

If we do lose Perch and Memphis and Rez which could happen, I believe we will have a good team with those that are on the team now and those that have expressed interest. I will keep you updated on progress of the team.

Storm

Edited by StormChasers