[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How early does your league determine the draft order?

The Yakuza

This is mostly for leagues that are done on websites like Yahoo and NFL.com and such.

My main league is through Yahoo. We do the FREE league. I really like the setup except for our draft order can only be done 30 minutes prior to drafting. So needless to say I have a ton of planning to do. I try to do as many mocks as I can from each draft position (12-14 players normally). Yahoo doesn't allow you to change the time frame for getting your draft order. Even giving everyone one day would be helpful. Our league has all serious players. No one is going to drop out if the day before they find out they are getting 12th pick.

So what does your league do?

Why did you capitalize "FREE"?

I use MFL. I'm not a Yahoo fan especially for IDP. Their player rankings make absolutely no sense.

We do it pretty early. Can't you the draft order in your league? Do you have to use Yahoo's method?

Why go free? MFL costs $70 and that's $5.83 per person for a 12 team league.

Keeper and dynasty - based on last year's finish, in worst to first.

Online drafts for a redraft league - i-2 weeks prior to the start of the draft so all can get the dice rolls in.

For a live in-person draft, slots can be drawn just before the draft starts.

This is mostly for leagues that are done on websites like Yahoo and NFL.com and such.

My main league is through Yahoo. We do the FREE league. I really like the setup except for our draft order can only be done 30 minutes prior to drafting. So needless to say I have a ton of planning to do. I try to do as many mocks as I can from each draft position (12-14 players normally). Yahoo doesn't allow you to change the time frame for getting your draft order. Even giving everyone one day would be helpful. Our league has all serious players. No one is going to drop out if the day before they find out they are getting 12th pick.

So what does your league do?

:wacko:

Most redraft online leagues allow for a bit of time between spot and draft.

My local has a yearly owners meeting in July (around the 4th) to review rules , redraw divisions and select draft picks. Our redraft has drafted the day after Labor Day for about 5 years now, 2 days before Thursday kickoff.

We used to pull spot the night of, right before the draft.

• 2 weeks later...
Most redraft online leagues allow for a bit of time between spot and draft.

My local has a yearly owners meeting in July (around the 4th) to review rules , redraw divisions and select draft picks. Our redraft has drafted the day after Labor Day for about 5 years now, 2 days before Thursday kickoff.

We used to pull spot the night of, right before the draft.

Sounds a lot like my league. We meet in mid July to go over anything we think might make the league better for the upcoming year, redraw divisions and drafting order. Then a lot of drinking, cussing, trash talking, and poker for the rest of the night. Then we meet again on draft night.....usually the Saturday of Labor Day weekend.

Even giving everyone one day would be helpful.
W

Why? You are going to want to draft the best person on the board to fulfill your needs. If you've done your homework going into the draft, you already should have players ranked. It only takes one or two picks "unconventional wisdom" picks to throw a theoretical draft order out the window. If you really want to have the first couple of rounds played out, come up with a couple of different scenarios. One for an early draft position (1-3), one for middle picks (4-8), and one for late picks (9-12). No matter where you pick and when you know you are picking there, there are going to be players that you wish that were still available, players that others got that you think were steals, and players that you just missed.