[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My most recent dynasty draft

Duchess Jack

I feel really good about my James Davis pick (at 2.12) after seeing him at the 2.02 here. Of course, our rookie draft finished up 2 weeks ago...

as far as situation goes, he's as good as anybody out there except maybe Wells

Chase Coffman at 3.12? I can see that in a IDP rookie draft, but thats really late for what some consider to be the top TE in the draft. Thats a steal that late.

Yeah, seeing guys like Brian Hartline and Jarrett Dillard go (to the same team mind you) ahead of Coffman is pretty nuts.

For comparison purposes, Coffman went (in my leagues)

IDP leagues:

2.09 (25th overall) in ATAP

2.14 (30th overall) in DW2

3.06 (30th overall) in AFL

2.06 (22nd overall) in AOTAOP

3.13 (45th overall) in DW

3.10 (42nd overall) in DW3

5.11 (59th overall) in TUDL (me)

5.03 (43rd overall) in S8 (me)

2.14 (30th overall) in USDL

Non-IDP leagues:

Undrafted (3 rounds of 12) in GE

4.09 (40th overall) in TDFL (me)

For whatever reason, I've seen him go higher in IDP leagues. Admittedly, some leagues are 1 PPR as opposed to 0.5 PPR.

Edit: I'm not in DW or DW3 but I follow them for obvious reasons.

Edited by Tford

What do you guys think of Rashad Jennings at 2.06?

I think I got him in the mid-6th round of a 12 team IDP, and didn't really feel a thrill up my leg at the time....

He's one of those guys where - if you want him, you need to make a move and take him. I was praying he'd fall to me at 3.7.

No such luck.

I really like him. I think he's head and shoulders better then Greg Jones and will get a lot more touches than people think...especially if MoJo can't handle being an every down back

I personally think Jac would be foolish to expect JD to carry a full load, and I really don't believe they're looking to do it... I also agree that Jennings looks like he should be able to do everything better than Jones as far as having the ball in his hands... it just concerns me when a player gets pre-draft hype then gets drafted on the ass end of the thing... makes me think teams learned something real negative about his game.

Jac definatly has the need though.

It seems like there were a lot of quality RBs who fell or went undrafted and I'm thinking that cuz of supply-demand.

Like, I think Arian Foster will be the #2 guy in HOU, he went undrafted. NOS took a couple RBs undrafted that will compete for the #3 role (and #2 when Bush gets hurt). There were a lot of decent RBs in this draft, so I'm thinking that teams figured they better fill other needs first, then go after the UDFAs.

I agree that this year's draft was very deep for RB's. I think the next couple of seasons will show that to be true. I think both undrafted running backs Arian Foster, Tennessee and Jeremiah Johnson, Oregon, have a shot at making the Houston Texans.

Thoughts on Jeremiah Johnson?

For comparison purposes, Coffman went (in my leagues)

IDP leagues:

2.09 (25th overall) in ATAP

2.14 (30th overall) in DW2

3.06 (30th overall) in AFL

2.06 (22nd overall) in AOTAOP

3.13 (45th overall) in DW

3.10 (42nd overall) in DW3

5.11 (59th overall) in TUDL (me)

5.03 (43rd overall) in S8 (me)

2.14 (30th overall) in USDL

Non-IDP leagues:

Undrafted (3 rounds of 12) in GE

4.09 (40th overall) in TDFL (me)

For whatever reason, I've seen him go higher in IDP leagues. Admittedly, some leagues are 1 PPR as opposed to 0.5 PPR.

Edit: I'm not in DW or DW3 but I follow them for obvious reasons.

I was gonna say... I thought I was bad. That's a lot of dynasty leagues. :wacko:

To take players not in MFL yet.

To add to that... MFL doesn't put UDFA into the system until they make the team.

You can see the awesome value and great players that I choose in the 4th and 5th rounds in our thread posting who we want that's not in MFL yet -- http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=287100

Check out the NORRIS draft link I posted. You can create those players in the database list under "Enter Custom Players." MFL will add them formally later on, to track scoring if they make the team. For us, they function as placeholders but can be incorporated into the draft.

Someone told us that you couldn't delete the place-holder-players later and it added confusion and annoyance. Maybe we misremembered.

Anywho, too late now, but thanks for the idea to use next year.

On the Custom Player list you can "Hide" them at any given point. That's how we've done it. And to be honest, of all the custom players we've entered the past few years very few of them stuck.

He's one of those guys where - if you want him, you need to make a move and take him. I was praying he'd fall to me at 3.7.

No such luck.

I really like him. I think he's head and shoulders better then Greg Jones and will get a lot more touches than people think...especially if MoJo can't handle being an every down back

I like Jennings, and grabbed him in one of my dynasties, but don't discount Chauncey Washington. Perhaps a Jag homer - er, h8 - could swing by and give his two cents. Washington and Jennings are currently listed as the #2 and #3, with both getting moderate playing time.