[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

tarkington's thoughts on farve

dmarc117

this may have been posted, if so, blast it

Very rarely will a Hall of Fame player speak with such disdain about another soon-to-be Hall of Famer, especially one who plays the same position. Fran Tarkenton has put it on the record that he wouldn’t be pleased with the Vikings adding Brett Favre to the fold for the 2009 season… “I think it’s despicable. What he put the Packers through last year… It just wasn’t about Brett Favre. In this day and time, we have glorified the Brett Favre’s of the world so much, they think it’s about them. He goes to New York and bombs. He’s 39 years old. How would you like Ray Nitschke in his last year (playing for) the Vikings, or I retire, and go play for the Packers. I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail… [H}e’s been glorified so much. He’s been a great player, there’s no question about it, but it’s all about him. It is supposed to be all about your team. If you’re going to be the quarterback of your team, you need to be there in the off season workouts in March and April. Peyton Manning’s there. Tom Brady’s there… I think he has been a great flamboyant quarterback, but he has made more stupid plays than any great quarterback that I’ve ever seen. Look at his final game in a Packers uniform. He blew that game against the Giants… they’re in a tight situation, they went to overtime and he (Favre) throws the interception that allows them (the Giants) to come back and win the game. He has done that and driven his coaches crazy all of his career.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2009/05/2...vres/#more-8033

:wacko: blast what? Someone well known in the sports world having not only the IQ to see Favre (and his antics and groupies/apologists) for what it all is but also the nads to say so? That's refreshing as hell.

:wacko: blast what? Someone well known in the sports world having not only the IQ to see Favre (and his antics and groupies/apologists) for what it all is but also the nads to say so? That's refreshing as hell.

He just meant gun the thread if there was another already.