[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Madden 2010 Releases Top 10 For Skill Positions and DEF

kpholmes

For you gamers out there:

Quarterbacks:

1. Peyton Manning- 99

2. Tom Brady- 98

3. Drew Brees- 97

4. Kurt Warner- 94

5. Ben Roethlisberger- 93

6. Donovan McNabb- 91

7. Philip Rivers- 88

T8. Carson Palmer- 87

T8. Jay Cutler- 87

T8. Tony Romo- 87

Running Backs:

1. Adrian Peterson- 97

2. Michael Turner- 95

T3. LaDainian Tomlinson- 94

T3. Brian Westbrook- 94

T3. DeAngelo Williams- 94

6. Clinton Portis- 93

7. Steven Jackson- 92

8. Frank Gore- 91

T9. Brandon Jacobs- 90

T9. Thomas Jones- 90

Wide Receivers:

1. Larry Fitzgerald- 99

2. Andre Johnson- 98

3. Steve Smith- 97

4. Randy Moss- 96

5. Reggie Wayne- 95

T6. Anquan Boldin- 94

T6. Roddy White- 94

T8. Brandon Marshall- 92

T8. Calvin Johnson- 92

10. Terrell Owens- 91

Tight Ends:

1. Tony Gonzalez- 98

2. Jason Witten- 97

3. Antonio Gates- 95

T4. Chris Cooley- 91

T4. Dallas Clark- 91

6. Kellen Winslow- 90

7. Heath Miller- 88

8. John Carlson- 87

T9. Zach Miller- 86

T9. Owen Daniels- 86

Defense:

T1. Nnamdi Asomugha (CB, Oakland Raiders)- 99

T1. Albert Haynesworth (DT, Washington Redskins) - 99

T1. Ed Reed (S, Baltimore Ravens)- 99

T1. Troy Polamalu (S, Pittsburgh Steelers)- 99

T5. Patrick Willis (LB, San Francisco 49ers)- 98

T5. Jared Allen (DE, Minnesota Vikings)- 98

T5. DeMarcus Ware (LB, Dallas Cowboys)- 98

T8. Kevin Williams (DT, Minnesota Vikings)- 97

T8. Ray Lewis (LB, Baltimore Ravens)- 97

T8. Julius Peppers (DE, Carolina Panthers)- 97

My Boy Nnamdi! :D

Glad they dropped Romo's rating from last season.

Nice to see John Carson and Heath Miller get some respect. No Matt Forte though... :wacko:

I am surprised Calvin Johnson hasn't been upgraded more. Wasn't he a 91 last year? I guess having 1,331 yards and 12 TDs while having the worst QBs in the NFL throwing to you and nobody worth covering playing opposite you doesn't warrant a bump of more than 1 point in the Madden world.

Speaking of upgrades, I hope that they upgraded this year's Madden so that the gameplay is at least close to as good as NCAA Football. I've been disappointed with Madden the last few years. Last year was better than the previous, so, I'm hopeful that the improvement continues.

Speaking of upgrades, I hope that they upgraded this year's Madden so that the gameplay is at least close to as good as NCAA Football. I've been disappointed with Madden the last few years. Last year was better than the previous, so, I'm hopeful that the improvement continues.

Agree 100%. I am close to not buying this franchise anymore at all and just using the NCAA game as my football fix.

My theory is that they try all the cool features on the NCAA game a year before they incorporate them into Madden. The NCAA game always has a few really cool things in it, but the overall game play has always been much more fluid in the Madden game, going all the way back to the first Bill Walsh . Now, don't get all defensive on me, I play the college game 75% to madden 25%, but I thought the gameplay of Madden last year was the best I've ever felt. That game felt like an absolute sports car. I am actually mad that the college game can't seem to put fluid graphics together. The gang tackling is cool, but it is awfully choppy. Trying to catch a ball downfield is a joke. One moment you are running, the next moment you have the ball in your hands.

I also agree about megatron. I was thinking 94ish.

Wow, Hasselbeck is below 87. That is a travesty.

My theory is that they try all the cool features on the NCAA game a year before they incorporate them into Madden. The NCAA game always has a few really cool things in it, but the overall game play has always been much more fluid in the Madden game, going all the way back to the first Bill Walsh . Now, don't get all defensive on me, I play the college game 75% to madden 25%, but I thought the gameplay of Madden last year was the best I've ever felt. That game felt like an absolute sports car. I am actually mad that the college game can't seem to put fluid graphics together. The gang tackling is cool, but it is awfully choppy. Trying to catch a ball downfield is a joke. One moment you are running, the next moment you have the ball in your hands.

I also agree about megatron. I was thinking 94ish.

Wow, Hasselbeck is below 87. That is a travesty.

I couldn't disagree more with you (as usual :wacko: ) .............. I played both games quite a bit last year, and I feel that the gameplay in NCAA once again blew away Madden, as it has ever since I've moved to the Xbox 360.

The Madden series has platoed for a while now. Every other sports video game has improved in a big way the last several years except Madden. I was playing NHL 09 the other day and was talking about this with some guys and most agreed. NCAA is more fun and the gameplay is better overall I feel.

I couldn't disagree more with you (as usual :wacko: ) .............. I played both games quite a bit last year, and I feel that the gameplay in NCAA once again blew away Madden, as it has ever since I've moved to the Xbox 360.

I have heard that from quite a few people. Actually I know some people that won't even buy the game for their 360, but still prefer the old XBox platform for this game. I don't understand that. Again, I think the game FEELS absolutely awesome. Very explosive but still fluid. I have some complaints with the game, but they have nothing to do with the feel.

Did you give the game much of a shot? Or did you play for a week and then dismiss it and go back to college? I will admit that it feels VASTLY different than the older games, but I really loved it once I got used to it. I always complained that I wanted to play the college game more than Madden, but never could because the gameplay just wasn't up to the level.

I have heard that from quite a few people. Actually I know some people that won't even buy the game for their 360, but still prefer the old XBox platform for this game. I don't understand that. Again, I think the game FEELS absolutely awesome. Very explosive but still fluid. I have some complaints with the game, but they have nothing to do with the feel.

Did you give the game much of a shot? Or did you play for a week and then dismiss it and go back to college? I will admit that it feels VASTLY different than the older games, but I really loved it once I got used to it. I always complained that I wanted to play the college game more than Madden, but never could because the gameplay just wasn't up to the level.

I've actually got to chime in here and go with Menudo.

I've been a hugh Madden player since around 2000, putting in countless hours since then. I was actually ranked in the Top 100 for 2006 on the regular Xbox.

I've stuck with the franchise through it's rocky transition to the new platforms, and continued to purchase them and give them a shot. But it really isn't the same game it used to be. The menus are slow as crap the load which is a huge issue if you enjoy the ins and outs of dynasty mode, the graphics aren't flashy by any means, the gameplay itself is jerky - it really is just not a great game right now.

NCAA is everything that Madden isn't to be quite honest. Up until this season, I'd actually never really even played the NCAA games. Superstar and Dynasty are a blast to play, and the gameplay is actually incredibly fluid; running the ball is much more realistic than it is in Madden, the graphics are much less blocky looking - really the whole game just has a much better feel to it than this years Madden.

Like I said. I've been one of the biggest Madden fans there is. Easily hundreds of hours. But this year was a joke, and they need to get their schit together.

Wow, DeAngelo Williams really shot up after last year.

I think I remeber seeing somewhere that he was the most improved player this year.

Andre Johnson and Steve Smith ranked ahead of Randy Moss? :wacko:

I see no reason either of them wouldn't/couldn't be ranked ahead of Moss. :D

Can't believe the lack of respect for Megatron--not just in Madden, but everywhere.

This has been your Obligatory Homer Gripe.

Peace

policy

I don't think he is as much to blame as the lack of QB play he has had so far.

I'm with policy and WV. Megatron is THE best WR in the NFL right now. He had 1300 yards and 12 TD's playing on a bad college football squad against NFL competition.

No way another receiver could put up those numbers on the Lions. To tell you the truth, I feel sorry for the guy.