[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

shock top

dmarc117

Anheuser Busch

Originally called "Spring Heat Spiced Wheat". (Tried a few samples at the hospitality house at Busch Gardens)

I say it's decent. Wife, who loves Blue Moon, says it's not quite as good but it's easier to drink if you're gonna have more than just 2-3.

• 3 weeks later...

I had it at Ribfest here in Chicago a couple weeks ago because they had only Budweiser products. I don't like Bud, Miller, Coors etc... so the Shock Top was a decent option. If you're like me and you don't like domestics and you're limited to one product (in this case, Bud), then it's perfect. However, if other options are available, I wouldn't get this. Much better than regular bud or bud light though.

I had it at Ribfest here in Chicago a couple weeks ago because they had only Budweiser products. I don't like Bud, Miller, Coors etc... so the Shock Top was a decent option. If you're like me and you don't like domestics and you're limited to one product (in this case, Bud), then it's perfect. However, if other options are available, I wouldn't get this. Much better than regular bud or bud light though.

They didn't have Busch Light?

• 2 months later...

Ran into the store today and mistook it for a micro-brew ("Oh look, a local summer wheat for less than $7 a 6 pack! Lemme give that a try!!")

Meh. . . a little on the wimpy side, even for a citrus-y wheat beer. Don't get me wrong, I'd drink it over anything else made by Michelob in a heartbeat. Just nothing to write home about.

I'll probably use it as a base for crab spaghetti or throw them in the cooler at the next family cookout.

C+.