[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodney Harrison retires

Piranha

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, no I wouldn't have. Never wanted him on my team. I'll take a hard hitting enforcer along the lines of Bob Sanders or Troy Polamalu any day. Rodney Harrison is a cheater. And he's dirty. No thanks.

I'll repeat it. Harrison was beaten deep. The ball was underthrown. Marv had to slow down, allowing Rodney to catch up. He was still unable to make a play on the ball, so went for the facemask. :wacko:

Well, not to get technical, but it appears that, by the time the ball had gotten there, he was no longer beat deep, otherwise it would have been impossible for him to get the face mask. I believe that is the issue in question.

At least as far as I define getting beat deep, the best a guy should be able to hope for is to go for a guys feet and trip him up.

If you get several steps behind the defender, they haven't been beaten deep? Or is it not until the player catches the ball that they've been beaten deep? Regardless, Marvin did both. Morans.

Like you've never seen a WR have a guy beaten, but the ball is overthrown or the WR drops it and the announcers says, "ooh, he had him beaten, but couildn't come up with it." :wacko:

Marvin had Rodney beaten deep. A bad throw allowed Rodney to close the gap. But only enough to grab his facemask after Marvin had slowed down and caught it.

Edited by CaptainHook

If you get several steps behind the defender, they haven't been beaten deep? Or is it not until the player catches the ball that they've been beaten deep? Regardless, Marvin did both. Morans.

Like you've never seen a WR have a guy beaten, but the ball is overthrown or the WR drops it and the announcers says, "ooh, he had him beaten, but couildn't come up with it." :wacko:

Marvin had Rodney beaten deep. A bad throw allowed Rodney to close the gap. But only enough to grab his facemask after Marvin had slowed down and caught it.

See, that's where you lose your way. According to the article you linked, he actually managed to get both hands on his facemask. I just can't imagine being only able to do so but not, say, deliver a punishing hit, which that same article implies Marvin was expecting.

Trust me, having now had the situation explained, we can all see how it went down. However, certainly you must understand why people were wondering how a guy "beaten deep" can manage to grab someone's face mask. But you keep making it sound like it was either the facemask or nothing. Ironically, the way it actually went down sounds worse than if it, in fact, had been the face mask or nothing, at least in terms of sportsmanship, so I'm surprised that you keep bringing this up.

But you keep making it sound like it was either the facemask or nothing.

I do? All I'm trying to do is offer more evidence of how dirty he is. I believe Rodney went for Marv's facemask in anger, 'cause he'd beaten him. The fact he broke his collarbone doing it, makes it even more funny.

I do?

Yep, kinda sorta

A bad throw allowed Rodney to close the gap. But only enough to grab his facemask after Marvin had slowed down and caught it.
Seems pretty straight forward. "Only" sort of implies that was his "only" option