[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The ribs are rubbed, the pit is waiting....

Jimmy Neutron

The ribs are long gone... we're al lying around watching Transformers as a warm up for the sequel. The dogs have pounded the bones of 5 racks and are contentedly licking the spicy sauce off of each other. :wacko:

The pit is hot again this morning - brisket, butts and yardbirds this time around.

I love the smell of wood smoke in the morning....

you sure know how ta Live :D I'm tryin ta buy one of my dads buddies smoker he's been talkin bout movin up and this sucker is perfect....wood chamber/ 8 racks not to big not to small :wacko:

you sure know how ta Live :D I'm tryin ta buy one of my dads buddies smoker he's been talkin bout movin up and this sucker is perfect....wood chamber/ 8 racks not to big not to small :wacko:

Do it! I enjoy the hobby immensely. It's fun to tinker with different methods and put smiles on a lot of faces.

I've got the birds in an experimental brine - they'll go on the top rack around noon and drop some of their juicy goodness down on the butts and brisket. Going with a mesquite and hickory smoke this morning and will move on to cherry and apple when the birds go on.

Do it! I enjoy the hobby immensely. It's fun to tinker with different methods and put smiles on a lot of faces.

I've got the birds in an experimental brine - they'll go on the top rack around noon and drop some of their juicy goodness down on the butts and brisket. Going with a mesquite and hickory smoke this morning and will move on to cherry and apple when the birds go on.

this guy buys Big Chunks in Big bags of Cherry & Apple when he snowbirds ta Texas......i'm doin the Company Cookout and would love ta get my chit together and do some BBQ instead of Steaks :wacko:

this guy buys Big Chunks in Big bags of Cherry & Apple when he snowbirds ta Texas......i'm doin the Company Cookout and would love ta get my chit together and do some BBQ instead of Steaks :wacko:

Again - do it! I used to grill steak and shrimp for work cook outs - now they all clamour for BBQ. Will be doing a rib fest for the 4th holiday break.

man these things look simple ta build...trouble is i'm a carpenter not a sheet metel dude that welds.....no way i'd drop mucho tacos on an EGG when ya can get a pull behind for a fraction on ebay if i roadtrip ta Alabamie :wacko: .......all i really want is a fire box on the side and a 2' x 3' tall chamber with racks...if anyone finds that set-up would ya lemme know :D

man these things look simple ta build...trouble is i'm a carpenter not a sheet metel dude that welds.....no way i'd drop mucho tacos on an EGG when ya can get a pull behind for a fraction on ebay if i roadtrip ta Alabamie :wacko: .......all i really want is a fire box on the side and a 2' x 3' tall chamber with racks...if anyone finds that set-up would ya lemme know :D

Kinda like my rig? Nice and compact and will smoke 50-60 pounds of meat at a time. I'd like more air flow control - I use a disposable aluminum pan for a baffle between the firebox and smoking chamber - keeps temp variations to a minimum.

Here is the maker of my pit - the site is down while they build more pits. Bookmark it and check back later.

I'm too tired to show you the path to The Egg. Moreover, I don't think you are ready for that next step when you are worried about $$ and The Egg.

However, I did ribs today and they were so good I cried. I also made a blue cheese potato salad with scallions that was really wonderful.

I'm too tired to show you the path to The Egg. Moreover, I don't think you are ready for that next step when you are worried about $$ and The Egg.

However, I did ribs today and they were so good I cried. I also made a blue cheese potato salad with scallions that was really wonderful.

:D i'm pretty far away from that next step :wacko:

Kinda like my rig? Nice and compact and will smoke 50-60 pounds of meat at a time. I'd like more air flow control - I use a disposable aluminum pan for a baffle between the firebox and smoking chamber - keeps temp variations to a minimum.

Here is the maker of my pit - the site is down while they build more pits. Bookmark it and check back later.

Dang,can't see it.....don't have facebook :wacko:

That is pretty sweet. Conceptually, I like an offset box smoker than a water smoker but went the water smoker route because I think it's easier to learn on and control.