[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre surgery

It seems B.Favre fully intends to compete for a job with Minny. Assuming he retutns and plays at a higher level than Jackson or Rosenfel, I think his presence will help Peterson and might really help Shiancoe. The theatrics are getting old, but from a football standpoint, Favre's ability to still make all the neccesary NFL throws could put the Vikes over the top.

It seems B.Favre fully intends to compete for a job with Minny. Assuming he retutns and plays at a higher level than Jackson or Rosenfel, I think his presence will help Peterson and might really help Shiancoe. The theatrics are getting old, but from a football standpoint, Favre's ability to still make all the neccesary NFL throws could put the Vikes over the top.

The last few weeks last year he threw 2 TD's and 9 interceptions.

After the surgery I read his arm strength isn't there. If it doesn't get stronger he should retire.

I'm 38, never played organized football at any level, and could play at a higher level than Jackson or Rosenfels.

The fact is that QB is easily the most important position in the NFL and rarely (if ever) does a championship caliber team emerge without a solid, if not spectacular signal caller. Not to say that every team that has played for or won a superbowl had the best QB in the league that year, but I'd guess 90% of the time he was in the upper half of the league that year. I would also imagine that rarely, if ever, does a team with a QB who is looked upon as a lower level signal caller that season(and performs as such), find themselves in a position to compete for a championship.

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

I'm 38, never played organized football at any level, and could play at a higher level than Jackson or Rosenfels.

Aw c'mon... Rosenfels isn't so bad. But I'd bet on you v. Jackson. :wacko:

I officially proclaim that I hate Brett Favre. :wacko:

:D:D:D:D:2cents::2cents:

I will NEVER cheer for him - period. If he does end up with the Vikes, I will only give credit to the receiver, back, TE, etc. etc.

He's coming back for all the wrong reasons. Just wait until his terrible decision making yields him picks instead of TD's at home games. The crowd will eat him alive. There is no lamsuck forgiveness here. The marriage will be over - and quick.

We have no allegiance to you Brett Farvray. Stay retired.

:wacko::D:D:D:D:2cents:

I will NEVER cheer for him - period. If he does end up with the Vikes, I will only give credit to the receiver, back, TE, etc. etc.

He's coming back for all the wrong reasons. Just wait until his terrible decision making yields him picks instead of TD's at home games. The crowd will eat him alive. There is no lamsuck forgiveness here. The marriage will be over - and quick.

We have no allegiance to you Brett Farvray. Stay retired.

Yeah, boo him so they can cheer as they watch Tarvaris come off the bench and suck HUGH balls, and then when they boo Tarvaris enough they'll bring in Sage and watch him fly through the air with the greatest of ease and suck HUGHER balls. :oldrolleyes:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Yeah, boo him so they can cheer as they watch Tarvaris come off the bench and suck HUGH balls, and then when they boo Tarvaris enough they'll bring in Sage and watch him fly through the air with the greatest of ease and suck HUGHER balls. :oldrolleyes:

:wacko: if Sage & Tarvaris have sisters......

:wacko: Did you see any Texan games over the past couple years? :D Rosenfels could manage the Vikings offense, especially with AP back there as quite possibly the NFL's most deadly weapon.

seriously, is it for real that it's not about football.....he's just dead set on burnin the Packs azs?

It seems to be about burning Ted Thompson because he didn't hire Mooch as head coach and didn't do other things Brett wanted.

He turned down a $20million offer(for 10 years) to do PR work for the team and stay retired.

Maybe Brett can sign a serious of one week contracts and play for whoever is playing the Packers. :wacko:

:wacko: Did you see any Texan games over the past couple years? :D Rosenfels could manage the Vikings offense, especially with AP back there as quite possibly the NFL's most deadly weapon.

We don't need a game manager, we need a play maker. Do you have any idea how good AP would be with a play maker at QB?

We don't need a game manager, we need a play maker. Do you have any idea how good AP would be with a play maker at QB?

Well said Hugh! Favre is a guy who can make game changing throws (for good and bad), and I see him as a piece that could get them over the top. Warner has had a number of seasons where he had an almost 1:1 td to int ratio. Is Arizona a superbowl team without him last year?

I thought Rosenfels looked pretty good last year except against the Colts when he fumbled. He can move the ball and manage the game pretty well.

+1 Sage can make all the throws and he plays intelligently. All you need is a competent passing game to keep defenses honest with the way the rest of that team plays.

seriously, is it for real that it's not about football.....he's just dead set on burnin the Packs azs?

Well adjusted adults don't really play pro football. So don't be surprised if revenge, greed, and ego motivate football players more than "the team". It's a complicated and violent game. Typically you have a little something wrong upstairs to be great.

I think Rosenfles will do alright. Of course it'd be great to have a great QB and a great RB in the same offense. But it rarely works out that way and a great player at one position will make an average player look better. Rosenfels is very capable in my eyes and has started more games than most backups due to Schaub getting hurt. I hate MN (lived their for awhile and still cheered against them weekly) but I think they should have a decent year. They'd be more dangerous with a healthy Favre than without. But I think some people have it right as a win-win for Viking fan. If Favre comes and does great, they win. If Favre does terrible or the team in general sucks this year... Chilly might get thrown out in the cold. So I don't see the down side of taking a chance.

Rosenfels isn't sexy (except for his first name...) but he's a very capable starter at the NFL level. In the past two years in games where he has had 24 or more passing attempts (11 games) his average ypa is 7.30, his comp % is 64.6%, he threw for 230 ypg, and he threw for 18 TDs in those 11 games. His issue is the 19 INTS he threw in those same 11 games. He has tremendous confidence in his arm so he will throw into coverage (sound like some older QB the Vikes are pursuing?).

If you exptrapolate Rosenfels numbers and then weight them for the difference between MIN & HOU, you end up with a season in MIN next year that could look like this:

288 completions in 446 attempts for 3256 yds, 23 TDs, and 24 INTs. To give an idea of how those numbers stack up, this is how he would appear based upon last year's QBs:

ypa 11th in NFL

comp % 10th in NFL

passing ypg 19th in NFL

passing TDs tied for 8th in NFL

INTs 32nd in NFL :wacko:

So if he can be coached up to not take so many chances, Rosenfels is a very solid and credible addition under center.

Edited by Bronco Billy

The fact is that QB is easily the most important position in the NFL and rarely (if ever) does a championship caliber team emerge without a solid, if not spectacular signal caller. Not to say that every team that has played for or won a superbowl had the best QB in the league that year, but I'd guess 90% of the time he was in the upper half of the league that year. I would also imagine that rarely, if ever, does a team with a QB who is looked upon as a lower level signal caller (and performs as such), find themselves in a position to compete for a championship.

Trent Dilfer, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Brad Johnson, please pick up the white courtesy phone, line 2.

Trent Dilfer, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Brad Johnson, please pick up the white courtesy phone, line 2.

+1. Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Jeff Hoetetler we have calls for you too.

+1. Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Jeff Hoetetler we have calls for you too.

Doug Williams 1987 11td; 5int; 94.9 passer rating and a great playoff run in fill in duty for Jay Schroeder

Mark Rypien 1991 28td; 11int; 97.9 passer rating

Brad Johnson 2002 22td; 6int; 92.9 passer rating

Dilfer and Hostetler needed to manage the game behind stout defense and power running and both did the job.

I just think Favre gives Minny a better chance than sage or TJ. SORRY, SUE ME :wacko:

Doug Williams 1987 11td; 5int; 94.9 passer rating and a great playoff run in fill in duty for Jay Schroeder

Mark Rypien 1991 28td; 11int; 97.9 passer rating

Brad Johnson 2002 22td; 6int; 92.9 passer rating

Dilfer and Hostetler needed to manage the game behind stout defense and power running and both did the job.

I just think Favre gives Minny a better chance than sage or TJ. SORRY, SUE ME :wacko:

Don't mind Randull, he's an expert at posting inaccurate drivel. I've had him on ignore for a while now, it's working like a charm except when you guys quote him. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...