[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rankings, Player write-ups and projections are up

DMD

Given the information on them to date, I think you have them ranked appropriately at the moment.

Great work on the rankings. Thanks for your effort on this.

Seems like the top of the QB and WRs are mostly as expected. As DMD alluded to above, some bigger differences in RBs like LT, Turner, Forte, and Westbrook. Surprised there hasn't been more traffic here, since it is ripe for discussion. No that I have big problems with most of the reasoning, it's just a little different than conventional wisdom. But I guess that's why I like the Huddle.

Great fun to get this up for discussion. Gotta love the offseason ...

My question --Derrick Ward at 31st RB? :wacko: I was thinking he'd be stronger than that in his new home? That's 7 spots below Marion Barber's backup! Will Ward lose carries to Caddy and EGraham?

Great fun to get this up for discussion. Gotta love the offseason ...

My question --Derrick Ward at 31st RB? :wacko: I was thinking he'd be stronger than that in his new home? That's 7 spots below Marion Barber's backup! Will Ward lose carries to Caddy and EGraham?

Ward is 29 years old and just a career backup/journeyman running back. He looked pretty good last year playing in the #1 rushing team in the league. He's only had one decent season in fantasy terms. In TB, Graham will certainly be sharing the ball with him and I see them limiting each other. It also reflects that TB is going to have a much, much tougher rushing schedule this year. Barber

s backup (Felix Jones) is a better player than either Graham or Ward and will get plenty of playing time with deadly speed and open field moves. I am not completely certain why people like Derrick Ward so much other than he played for a great rushing team last year.He only had a few decent games as a runner - 9-80 (CIN - whoopee), 10-101 (@CLE - whoopee), 15-215 (CAR - week 16 and Panthers did not care).

Ward is who the Bucs settled for when they did not get any other better FA runners. He's got what - a year or two left to play? Ward is someone I just could never get excited about.

Great effort on these. It is very tough to put in rankings this early. Three RB's I disagree on that jumped out at me as being ranked too low.

1. DeAngelo Williams (#15 PPR) - This guy was the #1 scoring RB in my PPR league last year. I think 15 is WAY too low for him. I would have him towards the top of Tier 2.

2. Michael Turner (#14 PPR) - Once again, I think this is too low.

3. Pierre Thomas (#21 PPR) - I understand his being ranked here, as he has to prove himself, but, the ceiling on him could be big. At the end of the year he was performing as well as almost any back.

Just my :wacko:

Great effort on these. It is very tough to put in rankings this early. Three RB's I disagree on that jumped out at me as being ranked too low.

1. DeAngelo Williams (#15 PPR) - This guy was the #1 scoring RB in my PPR league last year. I think 15 is WAY too low for him. I would have him towards the top of Tier 2.

2. Michael Turner (#14 PPR) - Once again, I think this is too low.

3. Pierre Thomas (#21 PPR) - I understand his being ranked here, as he has to prove himself, but, the ceiling on him could be big. At the end of the year he was performing as well as almost any back.

Just my :wacko:

I figured those three would be an issue to some based on drafts so far.

1. DeAngelo Williams - Fell because of what went on around him. He only had 22-121 catches last year and I project him 20-140. He lost out in rushing because of I like Stewart to eat into his carries and more importantly his schedule goes from the easiest to the hardest in the NFL this year.

2. Turner - a function of never being a receiver - only had six catches last year. His schedule is a little harder and there is the Gonzo factor there as well.

3. Thomas - I already have projected him for a career year. We need a better idea of what Bush is going to be like I guess though I have him projected fairly low. Thomas did have 31 catches last year but that was mostly with Bush out.

I figured those three would be an issue to some based on drafts so far.

1. DeAngelo Williams - Fell because of what went on around him. He only had 22-121 catches last year and I project him 20-140. He lost out in rushing because of I like Stewart to eat into his carries and more importantly his schedule goes from the easiest to the hardest in the NFL this year.

2. Turner - a function of never being a receiver - only had six catches last year. His schedule is a little harder and there is the Gonzo factor there as well.

3. Thomas - I already have projected him for a career year. We need a better idea of what Bush is going to be like I guess though I have him projected fairly low. Thomas did have 31 catches last year but that was mostly with Bush out.

Very valid points. In our league, RB's are awarded more points for length of TD, which really helps DeAngelo and Turner, as they tend to break a few from 10+ It is crazy how much running back values have changed through the years. The emergence of the two-back system has serviceable backs (meaning backs who contribute) ranked in the 40's. It has really changed the landscape of the fantasy world.

Ward is 29 years old and just a career backup/journeyman running back. He looked pretty good last year playing in the #1 rushing team in the league. He's only had one decent season in fantasy terms. In TB, Graham will certainly be sharing the ball with him and I see them limiting each other. It also reflects that TB is going to have a much, much tougher rushing schedule this year. Barber

s backup (Felix Jones) is a better player than either Graham or Ward and will get plenty of playing time with deadly speed and open field moves. I am not completely certain why people like Derrick Ward so much other than he played for a great rushing team last year.He only had a few decent games as a runner - 9-80 (CIN - whoopee), 10-101 (@CLE - whoopee), 15-215 (CAR - week 16 and Panthers did not care).

Ward is who the Bucs settled for when they did not get any other better FA runners. He's got what - a year or two left to play? Ward is someone I just could never get excited about.

If I remember correctly that game actually was to decide homefield advantage , so to say they didn't care is probably not a fair assesment . That being said I don't love Ward this year either.

I don't do IDP, so maybe my following comment is stupid, but you only have three CBs ranked in your 2009 rookie rankings and from what I've read, the DEN HC is going to turn the DEF loose for turnovers. The HC has a man-crush on the new kid, Alphonso Smith. The kid's a playmaker and I read somewhere that he'll also be in on blitz packages, so I think the kid is going to get some good opportunities this year and be given the chance to be one of the top guys on the team.

just a thought.

Your comment is not stupid, but I'm not sure where you're getting your information. :wacko:

I'm looking at our rookie IDP rankings, and not only do I see 7 of the 16 ranked DBs as being CBs, but I see Alphonso Smith as the #11 rookie DB. :D

Can you drop the link here so I can see what you're talking about?

Bowe at #

? I think he's going o suffer this year with Tony G gone. They have no other vible weapons and will face constant double teams in my opinion.

Edited by Randall

Absolutely, along with Matt Forte.

Now, I'm going to throw my stupid question in here. I thought Forte was reasonably under the 370 run line. Somewhere a little under 320. Am I missing something?

Now, I'm going to throw my stupid question in here. I thought Forte was reasonably under the 370 run line. Somewhere a little under 320. Am I missing something?

Forte ran 316 times but he also had a league high 63 catches for a total of 379 touches. He was in on something like 84% of all CHI plays and wasn't all that productive really (3.9 YPC) but just had a huge workload that the Bears want to reduce this year.

Forte ran 316 times but he also had a league high 63 catches for a total of 379 touches. He was in on something like 84% of all CHI plays and wasn't all that productive really (3.9 YPC) but just had a huge workload that the Bears want to reduce this year.

That is a lot. SJax had 90 2 years ago for a total of 436 and hasn't been back since (though he has twice been over 1000 yards).

Finally, someone agrees with me on this. I think Forte is an average to slightly above average back with good hands and good durability, who fell into a great situation. I just wouldn't pay what I'd have to to get him or Turner this year (but for Turner it's more I'm worried about the 370+ carries).

Finally, someone agrees with me on this. I think Forte is an average to slightly above average back with good hands and good durability, who fell into a great situation. I just wouldn't pay what I'd have to to get him or Turner this year (but for Turner it's more I'm worried about the 370+ carries).

I guess, I look at the Chicago receivers and still see a run first team. It all depends on where I'm drafting and where the value is, but I'll take a bit of durability in my first pick this year (if I can). I've been burned by my #1RB and #1WR for a few years in a row.

I guess, I look at the Chicago receivers and still see a run first team. It all depends on where I'm drafting and where the value is, but I'll take a bit of durability in my first pick this year (if I can). I've been burned by my #1RB and #1WR for a few years in a row.

I just don't know that he sees the ball that much with Cutler there. :wacko: He sure won't see as many receptions, would be my guess.

I'm just still trying to get a handle on RB's..scared of the aging LT, won't touch LJ, but like Jamaal Charles, thinks Turner will be a burner again and better than All day in PPR's, I like Pierre & Jacobs much better than Gore, like Lynch even w/ the suspension, just pick up Freddie & reap the rewards later, kinda a like Brandon Marshall last yr....scared of S-Jax & Barber (Felix), won't even go there with addai, Forte a true forte, DeAngelo nice, Knowshon just as nice, what about Portis/Westbrook? not sure...also, Beanie Wells or Timmy Hightower, not sure there either ...McGahee or Ray-Ray, or LeRon??? who knows...McFadden & KSmith stock rising IMO. Oh--no TJones, but I like getting Leon later rounds...Homer insight, por favor

I was the most surprised by Vincent Jackson's ranking. At most, the guy misses a game due to suspension. I understand that Tomlinson and Gates are on the team, but the guy is a big down field target, and the Chargers are going to throw the ball.

Chambers was hurt for most of 2008 - only 33 catches and missed two games, played hurt in others. Jackson had a career year with 1098 yards and seven scores but a healthy Chambers - and LT - will eat into that. I projected 42 catches for 725 and five scores which would still be his second best year.