[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sporting News head coach rankings

Randall

Lovie and McCarthy should both be ahead of Childress. The Vikings have won despite his coaching.

I tend to give Childress the benefit of the doubt based on his track record and reputation around the league. It has to be awfully difficult to be an offensive mastermind without a QB or legit WR's (they're getting there). Let us see what happens when #4 is under center before we lynch Childress.

I don't know much about McCarthy either way, but sometimes he comes across like he just might be in over his head a little bit. I'm sure he isn't that way often, but sometimes it seems like he gets questions that he doesn't know how to answer correctly, and at times he really doesn't know what to say. Normally you wouldn't get on a guy too much for that kind of thing, but a head coach is supposed to have all the answers, and more importantly, he is supposed to know what to say. I might be off base here. It is just something I saw a few times last season, maybe I just got a bad sample.

I tend to give Childress the benefit of the doubt based on his track record and reputation around the league. It has to be awfully difficult to be an offensive mastermind without a QB or legit WR's (they're getting there). Let us see what happens when #4 is under center before we lynch Childress.

I don't know much about McCarthy either way, but sometimes he comes across like he just might be in over his head a little bit. I'm sure he isn't that way often, but sometimes it seems like he gets questions that he doesn't know how to answer correctly, and at times he really doesn't know what to say. Normally you wouldn't get on a guy too much for that kind of thing, but a head coach is supposed to have all the answers, and more importantly, he is supposed to know what to say. I might be off base here. It is just something I saw a few times last season, maybe I just got a bad sample.

Childress is an offensive mind and Jackson was his guy at quarterback. He's flopped along with Childress. They've won despite Childress as HC because of the OC, the best runningback in the game, and an insane defense. In my opinion, a monkey or small child could win with that talent.

A true offensive genius is supposed to perform well with what he's got, and lets not act like the Vikings don't have much on offense...

McCarthy on the other hand has been to the NFC championship, and was a stupid QB decision away from possibly playing in the super bowl two years ago. His offensive game planning and strategy has put them in the top five for offenses in the league. Last year they were hit with the injury bug on the defensive side of the ball and because of that, lost games. Don't know what you're referring to specifically with MM not knowing what to say, but I think he's handled everything he's been given to deal with very well. Having the face of the franchise, whose career you helped ressurect the year before stab you in the back, then try and blame you for it isn't an easy thing to deal with. That has been his biggest mishap, and I think he did very well.

For the NFC North I go

1 ALovie Smith

1 BMike McCarthy

3 Brad Childress

NA Schwartz

Childress is an offensive mind and Jackson was his guy at quarterback. He's flopped along with Childress. They've won despite Childress as HC because of the OC, the best runningback in the game, and an insane defense. In my opinion, a monkey or small child could win with that talent.

A true offensive genius is supposed to perform well with what he's got, and lets not act like the Vikings don't have much on offense...

McCarthy on the other hand has been to the NFC championship, and was a stupid QB decision away from possibly playing in the super bowl two years ago. His offensive game planning and strategy has put them in the top five for offenses in the league. Last year they were hit with the injury bug on the defensive side of the ball and because of that, lost games. Don't know what you're referring to specifically with MM not knowing what to say, but I think he's handled everything he's been given to deal with very well. Having the face of the franchise, whose career you helped ressurect the year before stab you in the back, then try and blame you for it isn't an easy thing to deal with. That has been his biggest mishap, and I think he did very well.

For the NFC North I go

1 ALovie Smith

1 BMike McCarthy

3 Brad Childress

NA Schwartz

The old owner already tried that with Mike Tice. :wacko: