[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAngelo Williams

oubean

For a dynasty league then I think you made a good decision. Where did Stewart go? Because I wouldn't want to have to use a pick on Stewart very early just to cuff him with Williams.

I can see why dynasty owners are not taking him in the top three, but you can bet in redraft he will go in the top 3 a lot. Im just not sure that will be a good move for those owners.

JStewart went 4.1 to a different owner. I still dont think he will go top 3 in any format, but we will see. I play in a few redrafts, so itll be something to watch.

I figured he would go in the 4th round. That is two of your top 4 picks to get the tandem. Good move trading him and not having to even worry about Stewart.

Well, I traded for him in another league last year, and I wasnt worried about JStewart at all then. Im really not worried about him this year either.

Well, I traded for him in another league last year, and I wasnt worried about JStewart at all then. Im really not worried about him this year either.

I dont know. Stewart had 183 carries, averaged 4.6 YPC and had 10 TDs.

It's his average that is of interest, not his YPG.

In 2007, DWill had twice as many carries as Turner, so going into 2008, how could Turner have proven more than DWill? I don't think 71 carries for a good average is proving anything when you're LT's backup. Any decent RB would be good behind LT.

I'm not making a case for Turner, and at no point said he's proven more than DW. I look at Williams as an unknown quantity who is too risky of a player in the 1st round and I doubt I'd take him in the 2nd. Go nuts take him #1 overall Lord Dopie :wacko:

It's his average that is of interest, not his YPG.

In 2007, DWill had twice as many carries as Turner, so going into 2008, how could Turner have proven more than DWill? I don't think 71 carries for a good average is proving anything when you're LT's backup. Any decent RB would be good behind LT.

Seriously. +1

Douché.

I think billyb inferred you thought Turner proved nothing in 2008. My impression as well.

This thread is pretty much pointless. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say D-Will is good for at least 1200 yards rushing and 9 TDs this year, barring injury. If that's not worthy of a middle first round pick in your draft, I don't know what is. I honestly don't see how anyone could doubt that. Some of you sound like you're reading straight out of some draft guide. All the people hating on him are making me wish he'll have a pro bowl year that much more. Seriously - what has changed since last year? Sure their schedule is tough, but didn't he rush for 4 TDs and 108 yards vs the Giants last year? 186 yards and 2 scores vs. Tampa Bay? That should count for something. J Stew isn't exactly inspiring confidence with his ankle injury in camp either

This thread is pretty much pointless. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say D-Will is good for at least 1200 yards rushing and 9 TDs this year, barring injury. If that's not worthy of a middle first round pick in your draft, I don't know what is. I honestly don't see how anyone could doubt that. Some of you sound like you're reading straight out of some draft guide. All the people hating on him are making me wish he'll have a pro bowl year that much more. Seriously - what has changed since last year? Sure their schedule is tough, but didn't he rush for 4 TDs and 108 yards vs the Giants last year? 186 yards and 2 scores vs. Tampa Bay? That should count for something. J Stew isn't exactly inspiring confidence with his ankle injury in camp either

Sounds like you agree with me. Williams is not a stud, good player with potential, yes. If he was a stud then he would go in the top three and not in the middle of the first. We all know that stud RBs go in top three.

I dont think anyone hates Williams. We all know he has potential. My point was people are going to look at his stats from last year and salivate. He will get picked high in the first round. He might very well be worthy, I just dont think he is solid sure fire stud. If you pick a RB in the top half of the first round then your expecting big numbers.

And there is no way you can argue the stats from last year. They are definitely inflated due to the poor run defense. Yeah the Giants had an off day and Williams was great and torched them, but please dont bring up TB, they had a poor run defense.

IMO almost every running back has questions, including D Will. You just have to take the chance on who you feel has the most potential to do well for your team.

As far as dynasty rankings -

Turner - racked up a ton of carries last year, doesn't catch many passes so bad for PPR. He's also 27.

SJax - injury issues, plays well when he does play, but hasn't played a full season in a couple years

Gore - always a question about how long his knee will hold up

Forte - racked up a ton of carries, low ypc average

Barber - may not be the feature back anymore, injury concerns

Westbrook - 30 years old and always an injury concern

LT - 30 years old and declining performance

Slaton, Chris Johnson - flash in the pan?

MJD - never been the feature back before, can he handle the load?

I guess I'm just saying that I don't see how anyone can pretend it's that simple with D Will or anyone else. It's all a big crapshoot to some extent.

• 1 month later...

I seriously doubt Williams repeats last year's performance. Averaging over 5.5 ypc on 200+ carries has only happened 10 times, and only Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and OJ Simpson have done it twice. I also thinks this puts him above the level of a guy who only has "potential," at least in FF terms.

I may totally wiff on him this year, but I'm not convinced mostly that the HC is going to give him the ball enough to let him really shine.

Maybe, but it's the same coach who kept feeding the "cagey" veteran Deshaun Foster for 2-3 seasons, despite everyone wondering why the under-performing Foster kept getting the rock in lieu of the younger studlier first round draft pick.

In looking at ADPs of RBs going in the latter half of the 1st round, they all have legitimate questions or issues, right now I see less concern/risk for Williams. Sure, he won't score 20 TDs again, but it seems to me you can likely lock him in for a minimum 1000 yards and 10 TDs, with a higher ceiling than the likes of Chris Johnson and Slaton.

Wms has done it one year. I very rarely will spend a top pick on such a person. Safety is key in the top rounds IMO.

I think you are ignoring the RB options that come with a pick in the latter half of round one this year. Likely running backs available at 1.7 to 1.12 that meet your criteria probably include Barber, Westbrook, and Gore...maybe LT; but given a weight of evidence approach, I hardly consider them safe. I guess Gore is safe for a guy who after his rookie year seemingly has a ceiling of a #2 RB.

One year wonders Slaton and Chris Johnson will probably also be available.

Edited by bushwacked

One year wonders Slaton, Turner, Forte and Chris Johnson will probably also be available.
I won't touch CJ for same reason - Slaton I can get cheaper, Turner and Forte I like better but someone will probably pay more than me to get.

From the ADPs I'm seeing, Turner and Forte aren't going to be available in the latter half of round 1 in too many drafts.

:D I don't even remember doing that last night. Woops...time for the hair of the dog that bit me. :wacko: