[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Must see TV. You DO NOT want to miss this.

skylive5

For anyone interested this is the Press Gazette's blog posting.

8:11 p.m.: He's wearing a black T-shirt, jeans, black shoes. On the montage: "The piece I was watching back there was kind of painful." Talks about the controversy. "I haven't watched anything. Some of those things that you had in the piece I haven't seen." Did see TV trucks outside the gate; he was sneaking out of the back gate. "It's crazy. It really is."

8:12 p.m.: Will you play in the NFL next year? "Um. Maybe." (Crowd laughs, then applauds) "I am considering it."

8:13 p.m.: Had arm worked on? About 2 1/2 weeks ago, yes, had surgery with Dr. Andrews. "He said more or less four, five weeks you should know if it was completely successful." Can throw now, could throw before, but not right. Had pain in neck and down arm during last season and it affected him. After season, knew needed surgery, didn't want to have it. "If it feels better, I'm rehabbbing ... have talked wit hthe Vikings, nothing other than 'Are you going to rest' and vice versa ... it's more or less how my arm feels and we'll go from there."

8:14 p.m.: Says he met with trainer on Sunday, got some different stretching, etc. Confirms ESPN report. Says he's only talked with Minnesota. "It makes perfect sense coming back" because he's familiar with the offense. "I could teach the offense." Was tough going to New York because he was late and didn't know the offense. Schottenheimer, Mangini were great. Condensed to where could call the plays, but it was a foreign language.

8:15 p.m.: On playing with Adrian Peterson, good defense, etc. UPDATE: I retyped this answer in its entirety because it's arguably the most interesting. “Once again, it’s like the terminology with the offense, it makes a lot of sense, because the pieces are in place, and they do have a great running back, they have a great running game. If I go there, there’s no guarantees. We all know that. I went through that last year with New York. I’d like to think that — I think every player should think that he is a difference-maker. I think you have to believe that. But I think in that situation, understanding what is expected of you, knowing your team, knowing that, as long as we can run the ball and complete passes when needed, we should be pretty good.”

8:16 p.m.: What needs to happen to sign: Don't think can go past the arm. "If that's not up to par ... then I can't play. I went through it last year, and yeah, I gutted it out ... but it affected me, and it affected our team." That's why he had the surgery. Didn't want to wait for the tendon to pop and have it be midseason. "If it ever gets to the point where it feels like it did before it started hurting, the biggest question mark is out of the way."

8:17 p.m.: Was there a deadline for his decision? "No. It's not like I talk to those guys every day. They knew I had surgery." Childress asked if he'd come to OTAs. Chose not to. Childress wanted him to be a part of team. But he knew there'd be a media frenzy if he were there, and again if he couldn't play, "so why not have just one media frenzy, and have that be later on?" Had nothing to do with not wanting to practice.

8:20 p.m.: Says he heard the criticism from Tarkenton. Worried about tarnishing legacy by going back and forth? "I think the 16 years I spent in Green Bay speak for itself. ... There are those people who are in your corner no matter what ... and then there's those people that no matter you do they're going to dislike you ... and then there's the rest that don't give a (expletive)." The swear word draws applause. "I always wanted to say that." ... "It is what it is. Whether it's right or wrong, who's to say? I'm trying my best not to fuel the fire, even though I am." First time he's spoken. John Madden among others told him that once you're gone, you can't go back. "I wake up every day and I go, 'Why am I even thinking about playing?'" Think about different things at 40 than did at 25 or 30. Ask family what he should do; they tell him to do what he wants.

8:22 p.m.: "I don't know what to tell them. Vince Lombardi went to the Washington Redskins. ... Time heals a lot of things. I have nothing but the highest regards for Green Bay, and I mean that sincerely." Some things happened to ruffle feathers. "The 16 years I spent htere you can't take away. ... They chose to go in a different direction, and that's OK. I chose to play again and that's OK. ... It's football. It's not life or death."

8:23 p.m.: Need to breathe in Green Bay? As got older, cared less about what was going on besides football. "Twelve years ago when I quit drinking" had fill of partying, etc. "I wouldn't trade these last 12 years for nothing." Doesn't get turned on by fame. "Playing is because I love to play. ... People are going to take sides and say he's full of crap and whatever, but I don't care about that."

8:25 p.m.: Buck thanks Favre. Interview over.

Most striking in there to me: the use of "we" when referring to the Vikings. I have to write a story on deadline for the print edition now, but I'll be back in a bit with an expanded transcript. Stay tuned.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

Here's what I heard...

" But I couldnt throw, that's what happened late in the year, I'd try and throw it here and it would go there"

In other words, I was obviously hurting my team, but being the selfish prick I am, I couldn't sit down and let someone else play....

Here's what I heard...

" But I couldnt throw, that's what happened late in the year, I'd try and throw it here and it would go there"

In other words, I was obviously hurting my team, but being the selfish prick I am, I couldn't sit down and let someone else play....

He's all yours now, Billy. :wacko:

Here's what I heard...

We know that very well around here.

Let's see...he made the flight crew wait 2 1/2 hours on the tarmak for him, he flew up there, didn't really answer any questions and flew back.

He took time out of his busy retirement to not answer any real questions.

My God what do you people want? :wacko: