[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

****** Huddle Message Board Mock Draft *******

DMD

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been in a meeting the last two hours. This is very rare and I promise to make our mock draft a top priority from now on :D

DMD's up... I'll PM him.

You could of checked with me to make sure you didn't still my player :wacko:

Edited by T_bone65

if that many are taking WRs then that many more RBs are falling.

I think it works both ways this year. In one league I drafted in already I went Andre Johnson and Fitz from the 10 spot. I planned on taking a RB in the third, but people stuck to the Get 3 stud RBs rule and I came away with Roddy White at 3.10. In 4-7 I was still able to get Felix Jones, Willie Parker and Donny McNabb.

In the mocks I have done I have noticed that you had better get 2 stud WRs in the first 3 picks or it is over. Some very good guys have fallen as the season gets closer. Recently the number of WRs taken in the first round has jumped from 3 to 5 in a matter of weeks.I think seeing Michael Turner going as late as he did is an indicator of how things will continue to go as we get closer. I have been able to get Portis in the 2.1-1.5 range a lot.

Edited by dirtdickens

Sorry for the holdup guys, I do have my cell listed on MFL though and please feel free to text or call if I am not around. Thursday night nights are my pool league nights so I wasn't home. Sorry again.

Just missed on Gonzo...

I looked at him for a long time before taking Felix Jones as my RB4. With a flex position, I like having four RBs a lot - particularly since I started WR-WR.

I debated him when I went Winslow. But with so many WRs off the board already, I have a large pocket of similarly ranked ones left, while I had Winslow a bit ahead of the next bunch of TEs... gotta take those value picks where you can get them.

Y'all made me feel good about my Gonzo pick. He wasn't my BPA, but he was, obviously, my best WR available. My BPA was another position, but felt that position had enough draft depth to go WR instead.

I agree, kickers are still deep at this point of the draft.

I am very glad I grabbed Warner just then, especially with two more Qbs going right after me. I have a feeling he would not have made it back to me had I let him go, and I have him a bit ahead of Palmer and Romo. And I'll end up likely getting one of the other 2 players I was considering on the come back, so win for me.

I am very glad I grabbed Warner just then, especially with two more Qbs going right after me. I have a feeling he would not have made it back to me had I let him go, and I have him a bit ahead of Palmer and Romo. And I'll end up likely getting one of the other 2 players I was considering on the come back, so win for me.

I almost took Warner with my 6.01 pick so I think you got a steal on Warner.

Apparently I screwed up my pre-selects thursday night. Was looking to get just one wr there and another rb with those two picks. Missed out on a couple rbs I would have liked there. :wacko:

lol

Wait. This is coming out of Minn. This is serious chit. nevermind.

Well, it's nice to benefit from all this high regard from the WR craze this year. In a league where the flex allows for starting 3 RBs, I'll take my chances with a AD/Jacobs/LJ RB corps with J Lewis as a bye week/injury/matchup option. Certainly justifies using WR2s for my top 2/3 WR options and gives me tremendous flexibility for the rest of the draft and throughout the year. LJ dropping to the end of the 6th/top of the 7th? Wow - he's still got RB1 ability and talent there...

This looks like a great year to play against the trends in a league's draft as it progresses and snap up some real bargains in the middle rounds. I don't think you'll catch me pre-selecting more than 2 to 3 picks ahead in any redraft.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Well, it's nice to benefit from all this high regard from the WR craze this year. In a league where the flex allows for starting 3 RBs, I'll take my chances with a AD/Jacobs/LJ RB corps with J Lewis as a bye week/injury/matchup option. Certainly justifies using WR2s for my top 2/3 WR options and gives me tremendous flexibility for the rest of the draft and throughout the year. LJ dropping to the end of the 6th/top of the 7th? Wow - he's still got RB1 ability and talent there...

This looks like a great year to play against the trends in a league's draft as it progresses and snap up some real bargains in the middle rounds. I don't think you'll catch me pre-selecting more than 2 to 3 picks ahead in any redraft.

I agree completely (for once). I'd be happy to have a team where I could start Ronnie Brown, Pierre Thomas and Chris Wells with Felix Jones there for subbing. I started WR-WR and picked up three starting RBs and Jones who could be better than some starting RBs given the PPR of the league. Had I taken Slaton or Portis instead of Steve Smith (could have been Wayne just as easily), my RBs would be a bit stronger but then my WR2 would have become Roy Williams or Coles. In a PPR league drafting 12th, it is almost hard NOT to go WR-WR this year.

Had I taken Slaton or Portis instead of Steve Smith (could have been Wayne just as easily), my RBs would be a bit stronger but then my WR2 would have become Roy Williams or Coles. In a PPR league drafting 12th, it is almost hard NOT to go WR-WR this year.

That looks like it would be fairly close to a wash, regardless of whether you went RB/WR or WR/WR. Very nice in the skill positions, either way you slice it, and certainly a very competitive team.

I agree completely (for once).

It's nice to see after all these years that I'm finally getting through and you're starting to see the light...

:wacko: