[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas to pass Bush on depth chart?!

Makes sense. They are both RBs, and Thomas brings more to the running game. I don't see a downgrade for Bush though in this though. He racks up numbers in ppr leagues with his receptions and off-the-edge TDs, which should continue regardless who is starting.

From week 11-16 he averaged about 100yd, 1 TD. Could be top 10 this season.

He's has beast potential in that offense. Not saying he's Marshall faulk, but think about the holes Faulk used to see in 3-wide sets when every defense he faced was guarding against the pass.I see the Saints rolling the same way. I think the production PT could generate would be very comparable, save for the downs Bush will steal.

I would be more than happy to have him as my RB2, and frankly, I'd take him as high as #12-14 overall.

Do they really play the same position? Isn't Bush a COP back?

They are usually listed lower on the depth chart but not as a backup. If Thomas is hurt would Bush take his place or would they find someone else?

I think so. Detractors say he played aginst bad defenses in that stretch but against Chicago he took over the game. He showed his real potential there.

87 yards rushing and 1 TD/59 yards receiving and another TD.

Do they really play the same position? Isn't Bush a COP back?

They are usually listed lower on the depth chart but not as a backup. If Thomas is hurt would Bush take his place or would they find someone else?

In the event Thomas gets hurt, I would imagine Bush's touches would increase but someone else would do the heavy lifting between the tackles and in short yardage situations - probably whomever shakes out of the Bell/Hill/Donaldson runoff.

how quick we forget the "rumors":

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2009/04/da...aints.html#more

The Saints were looking to make a deal with the Patriots yesterday to try and acquire Chris "Beanie'' Wells in the second half of round 1. It didn't work. Not enough ammo.

oh and this is from the author of your link:

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2009/04/sa..._in_runnin.html

What if the best player on the board is -- gulp! -- a running back?

Then what?

Saints Coach Sean Payton undoubtedly has considered such a scenario for the April 25 first round. And if it plays out that way, don't be surprised if he pulls the trigger on a running back, either Georgia's Knowshon Moreno or Ohio State's Chris "Beanie" Wells.

Asked last month if the Saints had addressed enough of their defensive needs in free agency to draft a running back at No. 14, Payton said, "I think that's fair to say."

But which one? Wells and Moreno are the consensus top two prospects, and both could be on the board when the Saints pick.

I know what you're thinking. Don't Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas have similar skills and running styles to Moreno, who is 5 feet 11 and 217 pounds? Yes and no.
Sure, the Saints need defensive help, and all things being equal, their preference should be to upgrade that side of the ball. But if the impact defenders are gone, then the Saints could do worse than adding a runner with durability and toughness.

oh and just in case anyone forgot...the saints picked at 14....moreno went at 12 and 31...the point is that back during the draft the writer "thought" that the saints could use a runner with durability and toughness...but now he is on frenchies jock...just saying until you hear something from the coaches mouth that you need to take everything you read from writers with a grain of salt....sure I expect Pierre to shoulder some of the load but I have no idea how much that is and that is because the Saints were looking at RBs

Edited by keggerz

Reggie Bush was also injured at that point. I like Pierre Thomas a lot, but Bush and Thomas will share the load. I see Thomas getting around 220-230 carries max though. Duece ran the ball 245 times when the Bush/Duece train was in full force. I'm just worried that Thomas can handle that many carries. People tend to forget that PT missed a game late in the year because he was wearing down.