[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let me out of prison...I could play n the NFL

Randall

Ohio prosecutor: keep Clarett in prison,

By Associated Press

POSTED: 03:10 p.m. EDT, Jun 18, 2009

COLUMBUS: A prosecutor is opposing former Ohio State football star Maurice Clarett's request for early release from prison.

Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O'Brien says Clarett hasn't made a strong case that he should be released so early in his prison term.

Clarett was sentenced in September 2006 to serve at least 3 1/2 years for a holdup outside a Columbus bar and a separate highway chase that ended with police finding loaded guns in his SUV.

Clarett has asked the Ohio Parole Board for clemency in the form of a pardon, reprieve or commutation of his sentence.

His attorney says Clarett has an opportunity to play NFL, arena or Canadian professional football if he's released within the next few months.

Clarett, as a tailback, led the Buckeyes to the 2002 national championship.

Nice cut n paste :wacko::D

Anyway I don't know what they're talking about, Clarett has the strongest case of all for leniency: he was an NFL player! (sorta) That's like the ultimate get outta jail free card.

'cept he pretty much sucked in his only shot.

Why couldn't he play in the CFL? If he shines there and stays out of trouble, I'm sure a team would bring him in to see what he's got. He's 25 years old, and is nearing the end of his sentence.

I thought there was an issue with convicted felons going to Canada?

Why couldn't he play in the CFL? If he shines there and stays out of trouble, I'm sure a team would bring him in to see what he's got. He's 25 years old, and is nearing the end of his sentence.

I will put up $1 to your $1000 that he ends up back in jail before he plays one down in the nfl.

He will be a career criminal. He did a lot of unreported crap in Columbus before he got caught with the lint roller. Something is wrong with this guy mentally, something is broken in there. He was so dark and manipulating and the way he could hide things and put on a good front is disturbing.

I will put up $1 to your $1000 that he ends up back in jail before he plays one down in the nfl.

This doesn't make sense. Why would I put $1000 when you would only have to put up $1? I don't recall saying he would be in the NFL either. I said if he went to the CFL and stood out that an NFL team would take a look at him... :wacko:

Nice cut n paste :wacko::D

Anyway I don't know what they're talking about, Clarett has the strongest case of all for leniency: he was an NFL player! (sorta) That's like the ultimate get outta jail free card.

He never even played a pre-season game. Stinking in training camp doesn't count.