[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Favre is the Vikings QB - what RB would benefit more?

Tega

We all know that Favre does pass to his RBs. If I'm correct, last year, AP didn't receive too many passes though Chester Taylor did. If Favre is the QB do you think Chester Taylor will be included more in the passing game? If yes, do you see a little less production by AP?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peterson benefits more...Harvin is the X-Factor in this equation. If he is the playmaker that they are saying he is, they will need to find ways to get him the ball. They have 30 plays designed for him. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Maybe Peterson's blocking improved where he can play in all downs.

Edited by Outshined

Here is what Sports Illustrated’s Peter King had to say in his Monday Morning Quarterback column about how Favre has looked in workouts: “Favre is throwing the ball with the old zip, evidently. Bob Papa and I had the coach of the high school where Favre is throwing, Neville Barr, on our Sirius NFL Radio show the other day. Favre’s been throwing at Oak Grove (Miss.) High School, and Barr said: ‘He looks good. He said it was still a little uncomfortable, but I thought he threw the ball well. He had a lot of velocity and zip on it.’ It’s a matter of time, as we all know. Only a setback in his throwing will stop him from being at Vikings camp.”

They are interviewing high school coaches rather than flying down there themselves? :wacko:

Favre is a good screen pass QB so I would expect AP would get the ball more in the flat.

I think Forte, Grant, and K Smith benefit the most

:wacko:

Very true. However, as much as I, along with the rest of us hate hearing about Favre all the time, I have to say that with him being an active part of the game I feel that all is right in football. I wouldn't put Favre on the same level as Michael Jordan in their respective sports. However, when Jordan left basketball there was an emptiness in the game and I feel the same way about Favre and football. Whether he comes back and is successful or is just mediocre, I'll be glad he's back.

Edited by irish

:wacko:

Very true. However, as much as I, along with the rest of us hate hearing about Favre all the time, I have to say that with him being an active part of the game I feel that all is right in football. I wouldn't put Favre on the same level as Michael Jordan in their respective sports. However, when Jordan left basketball there was an emptiness in the game and I feel the same way about Favre and football. Whether he comes back and is successful or is just mediocre, I'll be glad he's back.

You have to be gone before you can be back. He never left. I think he has worn the situation out. He retires, comes back, retires, comes back... Its gotten old. Yeah itll be fun to watch him - it always has been. But when he leaves for good in 10 more years, I think people will finally breath a sigh of relief thinking "Glad thats finally over!".

I agree that of the two RBs, Adrian will benefit more. Without Favre, the offense is structured to minimize mistakes. A qb mistake by TJax would cost the Vikes the game. He's not going to recover it like Favre can. The Vikes don't go far from the game plan with TJax.

Favre will throw the ball around a little bit more. He won't be required to hold back as much. There will be more improvising and that will include passing to Adrian. Any why wouldn't you want to pass the ball to him a little bit more. He did score on a 60 yard reception in the very first NFL game that he played. Does anyone think that Favre can't get the ball to him? I don't.

I believe Farve being with the Jets helped T Jones have a career year, with him gone Jones falls back to were he was the year before. The main reason was they respected the pass. Now with the Vikings everybody respects the run but with Favre now that will add a whole another dimension where I think AP will go off.

If they sign Favre, I wonder if they'll cut Booty. I can't imagine they'd cut Jackson, but you never know.

I've heard rumors that TJack would be the odd man out if they sign Favre. TJack is in the last year of his contract, so he would probably be gone next year anyway.

You're the guy that is always talking about risk/reward. Is Rosenfels the reward is better than the risk player you prefer?

As a Packer fan, I sincerely hope Favre QBs all year for MIN rather than Rosenfels. I'd hope TJ would beat out both if I thought there were a chance in Hell of that happening...

I just looked at Sage's stats. Very interesting. He played in 6 games last year. He threw 6 TDs and 10 Ints. Yea!

Sage's 8 year career = 30 career Tds and 29 Career Ints.

Did you check out Favre's last 6 starts and compare them to Rosenfels' last 6?

Did you check out Favre's last 6 starts and compare them to Rosenfels' last 6?

Was Rosenfels playing with an injured shoulder in his last 6 starts?

(welcome to bizarro world...me defending Favre while you try castrate him. :wacko: )

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe