[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Favre is the Vikings QB - what RB would benefit more?

Tega

Was Rosenfels playing with an injured shoulder in his last 6 starts?

(welcome to bizarro world...me defending Favre while you try castrate him. :wacko: )

Like I said, good luck with a 40 yr old Favre with what appears to be an arm that still isn't right.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a vikings fan i am not sure that i am happy that farve is comming to the vikes , but since he is i think harvin will get the biggest boost in production, i think it will also help open up the running lanes for ap, so i think that ap gets about the same yardage with fewer carries ,taylor comes in on 3rd down and gets the recpts, and once the defence comes up to stop ap thats when harvin burns them deep, i am sure hoping that it is the win-win situation that puts the vikes back into the super bowl, time will tell

Did you check out Favre's last 6 starts and compare them to Rosenfels' last 6?

Besides the obvious over-looking of Favre's playing hurt last year, this is actually a good point. Favre has no intention of a repeat performance from last year. But, I don't see him coming out of any football games if a repeat performance is in the cards. Yes, the Vikes better know what they are getting into ahead of time. Both parties (Vikings and Favre) don't want to stink up the joint, but Favre won't decide to sit on the bench any time soon if he does.

Was Rosenfels playing with an injured shoulder in his last 6 starts?

would Rosenfels insist on playing even though he "tried to throw it here but it would go over there", because he had an injured shoulder?

probably not, he wouldn't be able to go hide in his private office/locker after the game.:wacko:

Besides the obvious over-looking of Favre's playing hurt last year, this is actually a good point. Favre has no intention of a repeat performance from last year.

How about a repeat of his last 7 games in '07?

Or his last 4 in '06?

Favre fades down the stretch, injured or not, and curls up into a ball in cold weather. Don't confuse the '09 model with the '96.

Just to put the numbers out there:

In '09, starting with the week 13 game at Dal through the NFC Championship, he didn't play as well as he had previously - 102/168 for 1210 yds, 11 tds, 9 ints. His previous to that, he had gone 289/425 for 3746 yds, 22 tds, 9 ints. How that breaks down ratio-wise is his comp % dropped 8 points, his yds/att dropped 1.6 yds, his td pct actually increased 1.3 pts, and his int pct TRIPLED from 1.8 to 5.3. Plus GB went 4-3 as opposed to 10-1. The competition wasn't really all that much better - Dallas and NYG aside, they played the sad-sack Raiders, Rams, Lions, and Bears...and the solid Seahawks. Plus Ryan Grant was running hog-wild so that should have actually INCREASED his ratios, as defenses had to respect the run game.

So, bottom line is that even in an MVP caliber year, Favre faded down the stretch. When he didn't have to carry the team, against a schedule the had 2 contenders and 5 pretenders.

In '06 - Favre went 89/164 (54%) for 1037 yds (6.3 yds/att), 3 tds and 6 ints, and led the Packer O to 6 offensive td in that span, against competition with a sterling 29-32 record.

I agree that of the two RBs, Adrian will benefit more. Without Favre, the offense is structured to minimize mistakes. A qb mistake by TJax would cost the Vikes the game. He's not going to recover it like Favre can. The Vikes don't go far from the game plan with TJax.

Favre will throw the ball around a little bit more. He won't be required to hold back as much. There will be more improvising and that will include passing to Adrian. Any why wouldn't you want to pass the ball to him a little bit more. He did score on a 60 yard reception in the very first NFL game that he played. Does anyone think that Favre can't get the ball to him? I don't.

<<< I agree MikesVikes - "Why woulldn't you want to pass the balll to him a little bit more." I was asking that same question last year though. Man, they need to get AP involved more in the passing game. It is a great point that Favre does improvise a lot. The coach may not call AP's # on pass plays too much, but Favre could improvise and dump it off like AP is Dorsey Levens (a little bit past the line of scrimmage and there he is).

It would be fun to see AP involved more like that.

I disagree completely.

I am 100% confident that I've posted dumber things.

And mind your own business...

:D:wacko:

The entire point of this Brett Favre experiment is that the Vikings have no better option, and despite what you are thinking, Sage Rosenfels isn't one. Now, I'm not convinced that Brett Favre is the answer, but as a Vikes fan, there's a glimmer of hope that this experienced QB with the strong arm can come in and be just what is missing in this little puzzle known as the Minnesota Vikings. How big is that chance? Maybe 10%, maybe 20%, but I for one think we have nothing to lose so it's worth a shot. If he ends up sucking, so be it, Sage or TJax wasn't bringin us anywhere regardless. If it doesn't work, maybe it Childress takes heat for it and gets fired since he's the dumbass that went after TJax and got us in this predicament to begin with.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Side note, my wife is a rabid Eagles fan and drove 1100 miles with some friends in January to see them beat the Vikings. The tickets were like $30 and there were plenty available, which allowed hundreds of Green Bay fans to make the drive up there just to root against them. The Vikings fans my wife encountered were mostly bitter and talked about how much they hate management and especially Childress. Lots of them were leaving by the 3rd quarter.

Last week we got a call from the Vikings trying to sell season tickets. We live in Maryland.

If Favre has a burning desire to further embarrass himself, if last year didn't teach him anything and he feels the need to fall on his face once again and really put the final coffin nail on his legacy, then clearly the Vikings are the perfect franchise for him. Perfect combo of desperation and incompetence. But the influx of fans coming up from Wisconsin just to watch Favre is probably a factor when your fan base sucks that badly.

The entire point of this Brett Favre experiment is that the Vikings have no better option, and despite what you are thinking, Sage Rosenfels isn't one. Now, I'm not convinced that Brett Favre is the answer, but as a Vikes fan, there's a glimmer of hope that this experienced QB with the strong arm can come in and be just what is missing in this little puzzle known as the Minnesota Vikings. How big is that chance? Maybe 10%, maybe 20%, but I for one think we have nothing to lose so it's worth a shot. If he ends up sucking, so be it, Sage or TJax wasn't bringin us anywhere regardless. If it doesn't work, maybe it Childress takes heat for it and gets fired since he's the dumbass that went after TJax and got us in this predicament to begin with.

I see the 40 yr old version of Favre as being roughly equivalent to what Rosenfels brings to the table right now, with the difference being that with Rosenfels there is upside, whereas with Favre there isn't - he ain't going to get younger or learn new tricks.

Both guys ahve enough confidence in their arms that they will throw into coverage - and in the process make some dumb looking mistakes. I don't know if I've seen Rosenfels try - or complete - a left handed underhand pass as he was being tackled.

Look at how Rosenfels compares, career numbers, to Favre:

stat Favre Rosenfelscomp% 61.6 62.5 ypa 7.0 7.4ypc 11.4 11.8ypg(start) 238.6 232.8TD% 5.0 5.3INT% 3.3 5.2

There's not a hugh difference in the numbers between the two, except for INT%, and I can attribute that to inexperience on Rosenfels' part, since his regular season game time is limited. But Rosenfels is still in his learning curve, whereas Favre is well past doing anything differently - and trying to do some things that he could get away with 5 years ago.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Side note, my wife is a rabid Eagles fan and drove 1100 miles with some friends in January to see them beat the Vikings. The tickets were like $30 and there were plenty available, which allowed hundreds of Green Bay fans to make the drive up there just to root against them. The Vikings fans my wife encountered were mostly bitter and talked about how much they hate management and especially Childress. Lots of them were leaving by the 3rd quarter.

Last week we got a call from the Vikings trying to sell season tickets. We live in Maryland.

If Favre has a burning desire to further embarrass himself, if last year didn't teach him anything and he feels the need to fall on his face once again and really put the final coffin nail on his legacy, then clearly the Vikings are the perfect franchise for him. Perfect combo of desperation and incompetence. But the influx of fans coming up from Wisconsin just to watch Favre is probably a factor when your fan base sucks that badly.

:wacko: Your wife is full of BS or your fishing. The Vikes were down by 2 points until after halfway through the 4th quarter and they held the Eagles without an offensive TD until then. There were no Green Bay fans that I could remember.

I personally, find it very hypocritical of all the the bitching many viking fans have done over the years, to now all of the sudden deem it acceptable to put an over the hill qb in the lineup, that proved last year he valued his playing streak more then his team winning and wouldn't bench himself even though he admits he couldn't throw it where he wanted to. This is also that same player that would not share a locker room with the rest of his team mates and needed to have his own private office to shower and dress in because he was too good to hang with the rest of his team.

It was also just one year ago I listened to many bitch when we failed to give up a 2nd rounder for Rosenfels and held fast that we would only give up a 3rd round pick. But one year later, we get him for a 4th round pick and all of the sudden he sucks.

:shakeshead:

I personally, find it very hypocritical of all the the bitching many viking fans have done over the years, to now all of the sudden deem it acceptable to put an over the hill qb in the lineup, that proved last year he valued his playing streak more then his team winning and wouldn't bench himself even though he admits he couldn't throw it where he wanted to. This is also that same player that would not share a locker room with the rest of his team mates and needed to have his own private office to shower and dress in because he was too good to hang with the rest of his team.

It was also just one year ago I listened to many bitch when we failed to give up a 2nd rounder for Rosenfels and held fast that we would only give up a 3rd round pick. But one year later, we get him for a 4th round pick and all of the sudden he sucks.

Whoa!

Someone call Diogenes, quick!

I don't remember a ton of clamoring for Rosenfels. It's not like he's even proven to be anymore than a career backup. Hey, I'm upset the team didn't throw the house at Denver for Cutler. As Hugh said, they have nothing to lose in Favre. Irritating Packer fans is just a bonus. I'm hoping they make a big move in the draft next year and take their franchise QB.

:wacko:

The stories told of Diogenes illustrate the logical consistency of his character. He inured himself to the vicissitudes of weather by living in a tub belonging to the temple of Cybele.[11] He destroyed the single wooden bowl he possessed on seeing a peasant boy drink from the hollow of his hands.[12] He once masturbated in the Agora; when rebuked for doing so, he replied, "If only it was as easy to soothe my hunger by rubbing my belly."[13] He used to stroll about in full daylight with a lamp; when asked what he was doing, he would answer, "I am just looking for a human being."[14] Diogenes looked for a human being but reputedly found nothing but rascals and scoundrels.[15]

Well, I would never be in favor of getting an over the hill QB if it hurt our team, in other words if they benched a young talent/franchise QB to play Favre. Rosenfels/TJax ain't that QB. So, why not see if you can catch lightning in a bottle, it's worth a shot imo since what you have now will clearly get you no where.

And for the record, I don't think I ever bitched about not getting Rosenfels last year. I bitched about getting him this year, but that was before the Favre thing even came about.

I just think that maybe Favre has the experience and just enough game left in him to take the Vikes to a level that neither TJax or Sage can, and with the other talent on the team it might just be enough to make them competitive.

I don't remember a ton of clamoring for Rosenfels. It's not like he's even proven to be anymore than a career backup. Hey, I'm upset the team didn't throw the house at Denver for Cutler. As Hugh said, they have nothing to lose in Favre. Irritating Packer fans is just a bonus. I'm hoping they make a big move in the draft next year and take their franchise QB.

Well....you kind of live 1000's of miles away from MN now don't you? You miss out on a lot way down there in the sun. :D

But then again, that was my sentiment last year, why give a 2nd rounder for a career backup?

I personally think he can be the playmaker we need that we have been lacking at qb the last couple years. Some seem to bitch about his high turnover rate, but still clamor for the career interception leader instead. :wacko:

As far as Cutler, rumors back then were we did make a play for Cutler, just not as big a play as Denver did.

You let a prima donna come in and get his own private locker room, you sure as hell can lose the rest of the team.

And I'll guarantee you this....the first interception the old codger throws in the dome...the boos will rain down severely.

I think too many have a very hugh hatred for chilly, warranted or not....I think it's clouded many fans common sense lately.