[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Favre is the Vikings QB - what RB would benefit more?

Tega

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would never be in favor of getting an over the hill QB if it hurt our team, in other words if they benched a young talent/franchise QB to play Favre. Rosenfels/TJax ain't that QB. So, why not see if you can catch lightning in a bottle, it's worth a shot imo since what you have now will clearly get you no where.

And for the record, I don't think I ever bitched about not getting Rosenfels last year. I bitched about getting him this year, but that was before the Favre thing even came about.

I just think that maybe Favre has the experience and just enough game left in him to take the Vikes to a level that neither TJax or Sage can, and with the other talent on the team it might just be enough to make them competitive.

For the record, I wasn't refering to either you or Capn when refering to the bitching about not getting Sage last year. More so the people i have to deal with around here at work and such. You out of state guys are a whole different animal. :D

Thing is....I'm not necessarily sold that TJ can't do the job. Not sold he can either, but I still remember the days a young qb maybe got to play a couple years worth of games to gain that experience and find out. But now Brady and Rothlisberger have made it a different game.

So what if Favre does good this year, then what? What if he comes close but not quite the SB. We get to continue the circus next year? :D

Anyway....all of my comments are the same things I have left several voice mail messages to Mark and Lenny Wilf. But the SOB's never return my calls. And I'm not quite sure what this restraining order thing means...:wacko:

For the record, I wasn't refering to either you or Capn when refering to the bitching about not getting Sage last year. More so the people i have to deal with around here at work and such. You out of state guys are a whole different animal. :D

Thing is....I'm not necessarily sold that TJ can't do the job. Not sold he can either, but I still remember the days a young qb maybe got to play a couple years worth of games to gain that experience and find out. But now Brady and Rothlisberger have made it a different game.

So what if Favre does good this year, then what? What if he comes close but not quite the SB. We get to continue the circus next year? :D

Anyway....all of my comments are the same things I have left several voice mail messages to Mark and Lenny Wilf. But the SOB's never return my calls. And I'm not quite sure what this restraining order thing means...:wacko:

You had me at hello.

Anywho, I bolded the part of your comments I'd like to address. We ain't doing good or sniffing the Super Bowl with TJax or Sage. I'm not saying Favre will be able to do it, but I am saying Rosenfels and Jackson won't. And if I have to hang my hat on that chance, I'm willing to take it.

In the Denny Green era, the Vikes rented several aging QBs until Culpepper came along. I thought that the renting was over until he shredded his leg and Childress didn't like his workout regimen or lack therof. Now we're back to our old ways. Is getting a geezer to play QB the preferred method? Probably not. But having no qb hasn't worked well either.