[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Bush this year

Randall

From the Blog

– What is Cable’s plan for the ascension of Michael Bush? I know, wise guys, it’s Al Davis who decides. Not so fast. Cable is on what Lane Kiffin called the “honeymoon” afforded to new Raiders head coaches.

Lance was right on this one. New coaches get a lot of rope, just enough to usually hang themselves, in many cases. Getting the sort of performance out of Bush the Raiders got in the season finale is something Davis wants to see.

It’s up to Cable to make it happen and in the process de-emphasize Justin Fargas.

McFadden is the future of the RB core. I could see them using Bush as more of a power runner, but McFadden is eventually going to be the main player in this offense if they can ever get anything going.

I see McFadden more like Reggie Bush or maybe Ronnie Brown. I don't think he can handle the job by himself.

+1

An injury riddled version at that.

Nothing wrong with a Bush/McFadden backfield for Raiders fans.

If Russell or Garcia can make the throws it could be a potent offense. We'll see how it all plays out.

I really thought the Raiders put Bush on display for a trade the last game of the season so the league could see what he can do. I'm surprised he's not with another team this year and thought he would be a great fit with the Eagles. I'm a big Bush fan and know this guy can be a stud in the right system. He's head and shoulders above Mcfadden IMO but McFadden will get every opportunity to earn his big contract.

I really thought the Raiders put Bush on display for a trade the last game of the season so the league could see what he can do. I'm surprised he's not with another team this year and thought he would be a great fit with the Eagles. I'm a big Bush fan and know this guy can be a stud in the right system. He's head and shoulders above Mcfadden IMO but McFadden will get every opportunity to earn his big contract.

I thought so too before the draft. Maybe when he did what he did in Tampa Al Davis had second thoughts.

It's very hard to figure Davis out. Maybe when Alzheimers is in remission he makes good choices. :wacko:

The Raiders have a long history of RBBC work in the backfield, with a power guy and a speed guy. That really only changed when Marcus Allen came on the scene and did everything for a few years till he broke down. More recently we've seen it with Kaufman/Wheatley.

My point is that I don't believe Al is looking for either of these guys to be worked like LaDainian Tomlinson. They'll both get work, and I suspect Cable will probably give a greater work load to the hot hand in any given game if things are working well. I've read that they're working a lot on splitting DMac out and moving him around... could be they'll soften teams up with Bush early and then hit them with DMac's speed outta thebackfield late when they're tired out... just my take on what I'd like to see.

I agree heavily here on the talent observation. Bush seems WAY better than McFadden i believe, and in no way do i want him gone. In fact, I dont want any of the 3 gone. I like the Bush-Huggy-DMC backfield. We don't have much to hope for in Oak, at least we have a decent backfield.

I agree heavily here on the talent observation. Bush seems WAY better than McFadden i believe, and in no way do i want him gone. In fact, I dont want any of the 3 gone. I like the Bush-Huggy-DMC backfield. We don't have much to hope for in Oak, at least we have a decent backfield.

McFadden obviously didn't do much last year to gain any fans, but he can be an extremely talented back, even special. If he can have a healthy season and gets the opportunity, he could be extremely effective, maybe even top 10. I know that's a huge stretch, but he's exactly the kind of player I will target as my #3 or #4 back. Extremely high upside, very risky at this point, but if he puts anything together he could be very good.

On the flip side, Bush hasn't done anything to deserve more carries. The Raiders have money invested in McFadden and not much invested in Bush. The problem I see with Bush is that I'm just not sure he's going to be given the opportunity to show what he can do. Could he be special, sure, but as long as he's in a Raider uniform I'd be very surprised if gets the opportunity while McFadden is there.

Not a fan of McFadden, myself. I said before last year's draft that Chris Johnson looked better on tape than McFadden, so I was only 80% surprised when Johnson had a much better rookie year. :wacko:

McFadden still strikes me as more of a track guy. The way he runs -- it's almost textbook track form. And even if he learns to run with a lower center of gravity (a la LT, Emmitt, etc.), his body type is wrong for the position. There's just no way his chicken legs could hold up under a 20-plus-touch workload.

If he can find himself a Reggie Bush role, I think he should consider himself successful.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

McFadden obviously didn't do much last year to gain any fans, but he can be an extremely talented back, even special. If he can have a healthy season and gets the opportunity, he could be extremely effective, maybe even top 10. I know that's a huge stretch, but he's exactly the kind of player I will target as my #3 or #4 back. Extremely high upside, very risky at this point, but if he puts anything together he could be very good.

On the flip side, Bush hasn't done anything to deserve more carries. The Raiders have money invested in McFadden and not much invested in Bush. The problem I see with Bush is that I'm just not sure he's going to be given the opportunity to show what he can do. Could he be special, sure, but as long as he's in a Raider uniform I'd be very surprised if gets the opportunity while McFadden is there.

He hasn't? I think 170+ yards deserves a few more carries, The Bears had a lot invested in Benson too and the Saints in Bush.

He doesn't deserve the starter job, but does deserve to audition for it. I wouldn't give it to McFadden yet. Let them all audition for it.

Bush and McFadden could be lethal NFL-wise. Not fantasy-wise but good for the fans.

Shhhhhh about the McFadden upside. He is the reason I won't be taking a RB in the first round this year. People here are actually saying that Bush is more talented than McFadden. Remember this thread. McFadden in a Reggie Bush role? Come on. McFadden is a runner, not a receiver. He got turf toe. Happens to lots of young backs. He wanted to get back on the field, the Raiders wouldn't let him. I'm not gonna write off a kid that was the best player in the SEC. He still has as much upside as any young back not named Peterson.

Edited by Seahawks21

+100. Seriously, why is this even a thread? Sounds like somebody has him in a dynasty and wants some reassurance, or made a bad draft pick to me.

Yes, it's so obvious how the raiders running back situation is going to play out, there's no need to discuss it. :wacko:

I have M.Bush and Mcfadden in different dynasty leagues, and the combo in one other. I think its going to be a 2 back system in oakland soon with both having pretty decent fantasy impact. PPR leagues make it possible to have 2 quality fantasy RBs on the same NFL team. I see Mcfadden as the home run hitter with good PPR potential, and MBush as the pounder that will get around 15 carries a game and the short yardage work

Yes, it's so obvious how the raiders running back situation is going to play out, there's no need to discuss it. :wacko:

Not to mention this is a FF website. How Michael Bush may do this season is probably relevant in some way HUH?

He hasn't? I think 170+ yards deserves a few more carries, The Bears had a lot invested in Benson too and the Saints in Bush.

He doesn't deserve the starter job, but does deserve to audition for it. I wouldn't give it to McFadden yet. Let them all audition for it.

Bush and McFadden could be lethal NFL-wise. Not fantasy-wise but good for the fans.

McFadden had a 164 yd. campaign and more TD's during the season as well. Only it took him just 21 carries to get there vs. Bush's 27 carry game. If McFadden actually wins the starting job, he could be very good as long as he gets the touches. If I was doing a draft right now I wouldn't touch him. However, I'm hoping things will clear up during preseason to see what their plans are for RB's. McFadden could and most likely will be part of an RBBC, but to what extent is that going to be run. Is it a 3 headed monster or 2? Will McFadden get the majority of the touches in the RBBC? That's what I'm interested in finding out.