[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS Waivers

Joking aside, I don't really know what part you want clarified. How do they determine waiver wire order? Or how do you add or drop a player to put in your waiver selections? I've used CBS for a few years (stubborn league) and I can try to help, but I don't know exactly what you are asking. They have a pretty good question/help section that is available to your league commissioner (it may be available to everyone).

Not sure exactly what u are asking, either. they have a couple different ways you can choose to run waivers (worst-to-first, etc.). What do you need help on.

And don't let the detractors make you feel bad for using CBS. We've used it for years, and other than one particular year when they had some major IT issues (2004/2005ish), its been great.

While MFL is indeed cheaper ($80 or so), and maybe easier to use and prettier, when you have twelve 40+ year olds who have all their historical data stored on CBS, and know the site inside and out, saving $6.50 a person ain't that big a deal.

And don't let the detractors make you feel bad for using CBS. We've used it for years, and other than one particular year when they had some major IT issues (2004/2005ish), its been great.

While MFL is indeed cheaper ($80 or so), and maybe easier to use and prettier, when you have twelve 40+ year olds who have all their historical data stored on CBS, and know the site inside and out, saving $6.50 a person ain't that big a deal.

+1

I know everyone loves MFL but I don't have any leagues that use them. And my main local likes CBS and is too fat and happy to mess with changing. :wacko:

Not sure exactly what u are asking, either. they have a couple different ways you can choose to run waivers (worst-to-first, etc.). What do you need help on.

a hugh +1. And I would'nt say MFL's easier to use. It's not for me.

I know how to do add drops, I just don't know how CBS processes them . I know that they use a worst to first format. At some point I believe it opens up to a first come 1st come 1st serve format like maybe Wednesday. But I am not sure. I have used the site for 11 years and the add drops have always been commissioner approved using the system I described above. I want to go to the automatic waivers but I want to understand how it works so that everyone is clear.

Simple - go the CBS FF customer support message board and ask for help, or e-mail the customer support team for help. They should happily, readily, and quickly be able to give you advice on how to resolve your problem, especially given how much additionally they charge for their FF management product above and beyond their competitors.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Here you go:

After the draft, all players not picked will go into waivers for 2 days. At that point teams can put there claims in and when waivers open, worst to best are selected. After that initial period waivers are completely open.

Prior to Sunday games, waivers will close about 10 minutes before the first game starts.

After the 1st week, teams are re-ranked and claims can be entered. They will process early Wed morning ( like 6:00am ish ).

On weeks with Thursday games, any players in those ganes are locked 10 minutes prior to start time. In the past, once the 1st game of the week was played all players were frozen. Last year, this was not hte case.

Hope this helps.

The commissioner has the ability to set waiver order each week.

The commissioner has the ability to decide what day to let waivers run. After waivers run, it goes to first come, first served.

Here you go:

After the draft, all players not picked will go into waivers for 2 days. At that point teams can put there claims in and when waivers open, worst to best are selected. After that initial period waivers are completely open.

Prior to Sunday games, waivers will close about 10 minutes before the first game starts.

After the 1st week, teams are re-ranked and claims can be entered. They will process early Wed morning ( like 6:00am ish ).

On weeks with Thursday games, any players in those ganes are locked 10 minutes prior to start time. In the past, once the 1st game of the week was played all players were frozen. Last year, this was not hte case.

Hope this helps.

One of my leagues at CBS allows you to run waivers using bid points.

Apparently SportsLine has made many changes since their horrendous product of the '04 - '05 seasons. Nevertheless, we will never go back. MFL has proven to be a far superior product with far superior customer service...at less than half the cost.

Good luck with your question though...I honestly don't have an answer to help you but of course felt compelled to throw my two cents in...

Simple - go the CBS FF customer support message board and ask for help, or e-mail the customer support team for help. They should happily, readily, and quickly be able to give you advice on how to resolve your problem, especially given how much additionally they charge for their FF management product above and beyond their competitors.

I think maybe if he just read closer and/or maybe did a trial run he could figure it out. Everybody asks first and wants it given to them.

a hugh +1. And I would'nt say MFL's easier to use. It's not for me.

I'm contemplating on making a CBS style template for MFL .

Another Huddler Smithtkff has a test site set up right now that can easily be converted over. I will talk with him about doing one.

I pasted this directly from CBS sports line fantasy football rules-

Waiver Rank

During the waiver process, pending transactions are processed in an order determined by each team's waiver rank. The team with a waiver rank of 1, considered the highest, will get its first requested player. After the transaction is executed, the team's waiver rank is then set to 12 (last), and all other teams move up one. The waiver ranks are reset once each week after standings are updated on Monday night/Tuesday morning. The last-place team (based on won/lost record) will be given the waiver rank of 1, down to the first-place team, which gets the waiver rank of 12. We'll use the following criteria to break any ties for waiver rank:

Waiver Rank

1. Worst Win/Lost Record

2. Least Points Scored YTD

3. Most Points Scored Against YTD

If a team's highest pending transaction becomes invalid because another team received the requested player, the transaction gets deleted and the team's next waiver request, if one exists, becomes that team's highest. If a team doesn't have any pending transactions because all players requested were taken by other teams, or the owner simply didn't request any players, there isn't any penalty and the Waiver Rank will not be changed for that week.

Waiver Schedule

The waiver process will run for the first time each week between midnight Tuesday/Wednesday and 6:00:00 AM Wednesday which is approximately 24 hours after the completion of Monday night's game. In a typical week where there are not any Thursday or Saturday games, the waiver process will run every night through Saturday night (the last process will be early Sunday morning).

If there are Thursday or Saturday games, the players involved in those games will be placed on Waivers five minutes prior to the start of their game and will not be eligible to be added to a team's roster until the first Waivers process of the following week runs.

Note: Waivers will continue to run for the current week, as scheduled, until the last waiver process is run on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Preseason

Once a league's draft is completed, players can be added and dropped subject to the Free Agent and Waiver rules discussed above. The initial Waiver Rank after the draft will be the reverse of the Draft Order. After the draft, all players not drafted will be placed on Waivers. The waiver process will run each night, 7 days a week, starting the day after the draft through the Wednesday night before opening day (Thursday, September 10, 2009).

Undroppable Players

To maintain the integrity of your league, you will be prevented from dropping certain star NFL players throughout the season. CBSI, as commissioner of all CBSSports.com Fantasy Football leagues, will decide - in its sole discretion - which NFL players are undroppable. If there are players we've deemed undroppable on your roster, they will not be displayed on the Add/Drop page for your team. You may appeal to CBSI for permission to drop an undroppable player; however, CBSI will make the final decision on all undroppable player requests. Appeals can be sent via the Help Center and should include the names of the players you want to add and drop.

I think maybe if he just read closer and/or maybe did a trial run he could figure it out. Everybody asks first and wants it given to them.

That was a sarcastic reference to CBS's long-running notorious lack of customer support or care for their customer well being.

That was a sarcastic reference to CBS's long-running notorious lack of customer support or care for their customer well being.

Very true, CBS does not care about their customers. They treat them horribly. They don't care though because they are still getting a ridiculous amount of $ from fantasy football. I play at CBS because I love their game day score boards and almost every other option. There is a lot of substance to there setup I'll admit that. If I left today though and never bought another team thing they would care? I'm not sure if it's a CBS sports line thing or if this is common with a lot of online fantasy sites. You do have to realize there are so many people writing to them, most of which are just plain whiners, it's a wonder they answer us at all. I can't think of any other organized game situation where so many people have so many complaints. Still yet, there is no excuse for rude customer service. They need to take some of that money and hire a couple of people to answer the phone about fantasy football questions. It use to be that way but they shut the fantasy football customer service phone lines down. Probably due to all the bs they had to deal with. It just takes a few idiots to ruin it for everybody else. In this case it may have been millions of idiots.

It use to be that way but they shut the fantasy football customer service phone lines down. Probably due to all the bs they had to deal with. It just takes a few idiots to ruin it for everybody else. In this case it may have been millions of idiots.

Funny that mfl.com charges less than half the price that CBS does and still manages stellar customer service...

I guess they just don't get a bunch of whining idiots over there...

Edited by Bronco Billy

I am setting up an MFL site now. I am 99.9 % sure I'm retired....I mean switching to MFL. :D The waiver system is very clear and the help files actually help. Here's to CBS :wacko:

I am setting up an MFL site now. I am 99.9 % sure I'm retired....I mean switching to MFL. :D The waiver system is very clear and the help files actually help. Here's to CBS :wacko:

:D

Good to see, and good luck. I think your league will be much happier - especially with that additional $80 or more to distribute in winnings every year.