[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Detlef

tazinib1

Seems to me that you frequent this joint quite a bit. So I would say there is allowable banter between you, the locals, and the employees. Those comments to me would probably elicit a laugh, a kiss my ass, and get me a drink.

I think your panties are in a wad here. With all due respect.

Well, they were in a wad. Like I said, I wasn't expecting it. And I would usually respond as you just described. Not on that day. On that day, it pist me off. Cause I wasn't drinking yesterday...I had a gig and just wanted some food. Over-reaction? Possibly, but I don't give a chit. With all due respect. :D:wacko:

And yes Detlef, that IS how it went down, weather or not you choose to believe it...I can sit here and try to convince you until I'm blue in the face. But I won't...we'll just leave it at that. :D

Edited by tazinib1

Interesting thread, I wish I had a place by me that served good B/G for 2 bucks.

I've waited tables in the past and it was usually my experience to get about the standard 20% from regulars. Seems to me that daily customers are going to shell out less in order to keep their costs down, and I'd have been happy to fork you over your B/G for a $5 tip.

:wacko:

You know what is amazing, is that I'm not even telling you what the customer should do. I'm freaking telling you what the restaurant should do. That you the effing customer deserves better and that you should just be able to walk into a place and say, "I'm going to order some food and drink and when I'm done, just give me a bill for the whole thing and you guys figure out what the hell to do with it."

There is a bar by my house that does this. I have always thought it was weird but never got worked up about it. Not that it matters though, the guy was asking about the waitress comments and the thought of changing the menu. Maybe he should have asked Bier. :D

There is a bar by my house that does this. I have always thought it was weird but never got worked up about it. Not that it matters though, the guy was asking about the waitress comments and the thought of changing the menu. Maybe he should have asked Bier. :D

+10,000,000,000 :wacko:

+10,000,000,000 :wacko:

Just curious, exactly what insight was to be gained here?

"I eat at a place all the time and always tip somewhere between 50 and 250%. The waitress called me cheap. Was she wrong?

"The owner wants to change the recipe for a popular dish and all of his customers who eat there all the time are begging him not to. The owner doesn't stand to benefit in any measurable way from this change. Is this stupid?

Now, I'm not saying that Bier is the guy to ask. But I will agree that if you're looking for someone to answer a pretty dumb set of questions or not scrutinize what appear to be rather suspect details, then yes, I am not the guy to ask. :D

Edited by detlef

Now, I'm not saying that Bier is the guy to ask. But I will agree that if you're looking for someone to answer a pretty dumb set of questions or not scrutinize what appear to be rather suspect details, then yes, I am not the guy to ask. :wacko:

I will 100% keep that in mind in the future.

i have only read bits and pieces of this. fwiw, there is a lot i agree with det about in here:

1. unless she is a "carla from cheers" type, if you frequent the place as often as you say you do, and tip as high as you say you do.... then i really don't understand why a server would put herself/himself in a position to lose money (by insulting a customer).

2. i would never tolerate that in an establishment of mine.

3. generally don't like to give two checks. i want to make things easier on my customers. if a party moves from the bar to the restaurant, a system needs to be in place to compensate those at the bar. organization's responsibility not the consumer.

4. the owner is idiotic to reject free marketing research from his regulars.

i would make a point of either not returning or requesting a different server (though not sure what the reprecussions would be). she sure as helll wouldn't see another tip from me.

Edited by Bier Meister