[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick to Miami

tazinib1

I can stomach the Jim Rome show when "Throw me the damn ball" is guest hosting. They were saying Tuna has publicly stated he will do whatever it takes to get Vick to Miami. First I've heard of it and I can't find any quotes on the web to support that statement. But Vick in the Wildcat would be pretty interesting to watch.

I can stomach the Jim Rome show when "Throw me the damn ball" is guest hosting. They were saying Tuna has publicly stated he will do whatever it takes to get Vick to Miami. First I've heard of it and I can't find any quotes on the web to support that statement. But Vick in the Wildcat would be pretty interesting to watch.

Here is the rumor. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,173816

can someone tell me about Pat White?......who is Pat White :wacko: CC and Hasty were talkin bout White too on NFL Today.....where did he play :D

QB from West Virginia. Dude was a stud in college. I dont think the Dolphins drafted him to play QB though. Probably more of a utility player in the wildcat, and possibly WR and I would assume emergency QB.

If true, Parcells and the Fins became my most hated team. I will root for the freakihn Cowboys over them even. wt-f Parcells you POS.

Yawn. What he did was wrong, but he has gone to jail and done his time. If the commissioner allows him to play why should a large business ignore the opportunity to make their team better. There are dozens of players who have done terrible things to humans and they still play in the league. I could never imagine fighting dogs, but I do realize that in some parts of our country, it is seen in a different light than what most of America is brought up with. Some people grow up surrounded by stupid.

QB from West Virginia. Dude was a stud in college. I dont think the Dolphins drafted him to play QB though. Probably more of a utility player in the wildcat, and possibly WR and I would assume emergency QB.

Records

Has started a total of 40 games during his 4 year career.

Starting record of 34-8 is unmatched by any quarterback in WVU history and sixth in the NCAA in most career victories as a starting quarterback.

Is the only quarterback in FBS history to win four bowl games as a starter.

His 4,400+ yards rushing are the most among any quarterback in FBS history

He has accounted for 100+ touchdowns is a Big East record for any position.

Game

One of only eight players in NCAA history to rush for 200 and pass for 200 yards in a game (Pitt 2006, 220 rushing and 204 passing)

Highest single-game rushing total by a quarterback in Big East history - 247 yards against Syracuse on 10/14/06

Tied for most yards of total offense in a single-game in WVU history - 424 yards against Pittsburgh in 2006

Fourth highest single game rushing total in WVU history - 247 Rushing Yards against Syracuse on 10/14/06

Has three of the top 7 highest rushing games in WVU history - #4: 247 yards against Syracuse on 10/14/06, (tied) #7: 220 yards against Pitt on 11/24/05 , (tied) #7: 220 yards at Pitt on 11/16/06.

Season

First in rushing yards in a season by a WVU quarterback (2007) - 1,335 yards

Second in rushing yards in a season by a WVU quarterback (2006) - 1,219 yards

Third in rushing yards in a season by a WVU quarterback (2005) - 952 yards

First (tied) in rushing touchdowns in WVU history (2006) - 18 touchdowns

Second most rushing yards in a season by a freshman in West Virginia school history (2005) - 952 yards

Second in Season Total Yards Gained in WVU history (2007) - 3,059 yards

Fourth in Season Total Yards Gained in WVU history (2006) - 2,874 yards

Fourth in Season Total Passing Touchdowns in WVU history (2008) - 18 touchdowns

Sixth in NCAA single-season quarterback rushing list in yardage (2007) - 1,335 yards

Sixth in Season Rushing yards in WVU history (2007) - 1,335 yards

Second best passing efficiency in a season at WVU (2006) - 159.73 rating

Fifth best passing efficiency in a season at WVU (2007) - 151.40 rating

Career Passing Stats

Second in passing efficiency at WVU with a career quarterback rating of 147.62

Second in completion percentage in WVU history by completing 64.6% of his passes

Second most in WVU history in passing touchdowns - 52 touchdowns

Second all-time in WVU pass completions - 467 completions

Fourth all-time in WVU passing yards - 5,576 yards

Fifth all-time in WVU pass attempts - 728 attempts

Career Rushing Stats

First in NCAA career quarterback rushing list in yardage - 4,385 yards

First in Big East and WVU career rushing yardage record for a quarterback - 4,385 yards

First in most 200-yard rushing game in a career in WVU history - 4 games

Second in total rushing yards in WVU history - 4,385 yards

Second in total career rushing touchdowns in WVU history - 47 touchdowns

Fourth in total rushing attempts in WVU history - 648 attempts

Fourth in WVU career 100 yard rushing games - 18

Fourth in WVU career all-purpose rushing yardage - 4,385 yards

First in 200 yard rushing games at WVU with 4 total

Third duo (along with Steve Slaton) in FBS history to rush for 1,000 yards in consecutive seasons

Career Passing/Rushing Combined

First in total offensive yards in a career in WVU history - 9,961 yards

First in total touchdowns responsible for in WVU and Big East history - 99 touchdowns

Fourth player in NCAA history with 40+ rushing and 40+ passing touchdowns in a career

Second player in NCAA history with 4,000+ rushing yards and 5,000+ passing yards.

One of five players in NCAA history to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 1,000 yards in a season. (Accomplished twice, 2006 and 2007)

Versus Ranked Opponents

Has a W/L record of 7–2 against top 25 ranked opponents.

Has a W/L record of 2–1 against top 10 ranked opponents.

Has a W/L record of 1–0 against top 5 ranked opponents.

Bowl Games

White is 4-0 as a starter in bowl games, 2-0 in BCS Bowl Games, becoming the first starting quarterback in college football history to do so.

Joins Georgia's David Green, Tennessee's Peyton Manning and Nebraska's David Humm to win three New Year's Day bowl games.

Led WVU to an upset victory over the #9 ranked SEC Champion Georgia Bulldogs in the 2006 BCS Nokia Sugar Bowl.

Led WVU to an 18 point come-from-behind victory over ACC runner-up Georgia Tech in the 2007 Gator Bowl.

Led WVU to a stunning 20 point upset over #4 ranked Big 12 Champion Oklahoma Sooners in the 2008 BCS Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.

Was named 2007 Gator Bowl MVP.

Was named 2008 Fiesta Bowl MVP.

79 yard touchdown pass in 2008 Fiesta Bowl is longest pass play in WVU Bowl history.

Ran for a team-high 150 yards in Fiesta Bowl victory over Oklahoma.

Was named 2009 Meineke Car Care Bowl player of the game.

Was the first quarterback in NCAA history to win 4 bowl games as a starter.

Set career highs with 26 completions and 332 yards passing in final game (Meineike Bowl)

387 total yards against North Carolina was fifth-best single-game total in WVU history

Records

Has started a total of 40 games during his 4 year career.

Starting record of 34-8 is unmatched by any quarterback in WVU history and sixth in the NCAA in most career victories as a starting quarterback.

Is the only quarterback in FBS history to win four bowl games as a starter.

His 4,400+ yards rushing are the most among any quarterback in FBS history

He has accounted for 100+ touchdowns is a Big East record for any position.

Game

One of only eight players in NCAA history to rush for 200 and pass for 200 yards in a game (Pitt 2006, 220 rushing and 204 passing)

Highest single-game rushing total by a quarterback in Big East history - 247 yards against Syracuse on 10/14/06

Tied for most yards of total offense in a single-game in WVU history - 424 yards against Pittsburgh in 2006

Fourth highest single game rushing total in WVU history - 247 Rushing Yards against Syracuse on 10/14/06

Has three of the top 7 highest rushing games in WVU history - #4: 247 yards against Syracuse on 10/14/06, (tied) #7: 220 yards against Pitt on 11/24/05 , (tied) #7: 220 yards at Pitt on 11/16/06.

Season

First in rushing yards in a season by a WVU quarterback (2007) - 1,335 yards

Second in rushing yards in a season by a WVU quarterback (2006) - 1,219 yards

Third in rushing yards in a season by a WVU quarterback (2005) - 952 yards

First (tied) in rushing touchdowns in WVU history (2006) - 18 touchdowns

Second most rushing yards in a season by a freshman in West Virginia school history (2005) - 952 yards

Second in Season Total Yards Gained in WVU history (2007) - 3,059 yards

Fourth in Season Total Yards Gained in WVU history (2006) - 2,874 yards

Fourth in Season Total Passing Touchdowns in WVU history (2008) - 18 touchdowns

Sixth in NCAA single-season quarterback rushing list in yardage (2007) - 1,335 yards

Sixth in Season Rushing yards in WVU history (2007) - 1,335 yards

Second best passing efficiency in a season at WVU (2006) - 159.73 rating

Fifth best passing efficiency in a season at WVU (2007) - 151.40 rating

Career Passing Stats

Second in passing efficiency at WVU with a career quarterback rating of 147.62

Second in completion percentage in WVU history by completing 64.6% of his passes

Second most in WVU history in passing touchdowns - 52 touchdowns

Second all-time in WVU pass completions - 467 completions

Fourth all-time in WVU passing yards - 5,576 yards

Fifth all-time in WVU pass attempts - 728 attempts

Career Rushing Stats

First in NCAA career quarterback rushing list in yardage - 4,385 yards

First in Big East and WVU career rushing yardage record for a quarterback - 4,385 yards

First in most 200-yard rushing game in a career in WVU history - 4 games

Second in total rushing yards in WVU history - 4,385 yards

Second in total career rushing touchdowns in WVU history - 47 touchdowns

Fourth in total rushing attempts in WVU history - 648 attempts

Fourth in WVU career 100 yard rushing games - 18

Fourth in WVU career all-purpose rushing yardage - 4,385 yards

First in 200 yard rushing games at WVU with 4 total

Third duo (along with Steve Slaton) in FBS history to rush for 1,000 yards in consecutive seasons

Career Passing/Rushing Combined

First in total offensive yards in a career in WVU history - 9,961 yards

First in total touchdowns responsible for in WVU and Big East history - 99 touchdowns

Fourth player in NCAA history with 40+ rushing and 40+ passing touchdowns in a career

Second player in NCAA history with 4,000+ rushing yards and 5,000+ passing yards.

One of five players in NCAA history to rush for 1,000 yards and pass for 1,000 yards in a season. (Accomplished twice, 2006 and 2007)

Versus Ranked Opponents

Has a W/L record of 7–2 against top 25 ranked opponents.

Has a W/L record of 2–1 against top 10 ranked opponents.

Has a W/L record of 1–0 against top 5 ranked opponents.

Bowl Games

White is 4-0 as a starter in bowl games, 2-0 in BCS Bowl Games, becoming the first starting quarterback in college football history to do so.

Joins Georgia's David Green, Tennessee's Peyton Manning and Nebraska's David Humm to win three New Year's Day bowl games.

Led WVU to an upset victory over the #9 ranked SEC Champion Georgia Bulldogs in the 2006 BCS Nokia Sugar Bowl.

Led WVU to an 18 point come-from-behind victory over ACC runner-up Georgia Tech in the 2007 Gator Bowl.

Led WVU to a stunning 20 point upset over #4 ranked Big 12 Champion Oklahoma Sooners in the 2008 BCS Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.

Was named 2007 Gator Bowl MVP.

Was named 2008 Fiesta Bowl MVP.

79 yard touchdown pass in 2008 Fiesta Bowl is longest pass play in WVU Bowl history.

Ran for a team-high 150 yards in Fiesta Bowl victory over Oklahoma.

Was named 2009 Meineke Car Care Bowl player of the game.

Was the first quarterback in NCAA history to win 4 bowl games as a starter.

Set career highs with 26 completions and 332 yards passing in final game (Meineike Bowl)

387 total yards against North Carolina was fifth-best single-game total in WVU history

And he's hung like a rhinoceros.

:wacko:

If this Wildcat is going to hit, this is the year, and this is the team. If Pat White is successful, that will cause the draft position of Tebow and Locker to skyrocket. Watch Pat White closely, the immediate future of offense in the NFL could very well depend on his sucess.

Wite maintains he wants to be a QB. He looked great in the Senior Bowl making every throw.

Parcells isn't interested in Vick in my opinion.

He took White in the second round, why would bhe do this if he wa interested in Vick?

Wite maintains he wants to be a QB. He looked great in the Senior Bowl making every throw.

He took White in the second round, why would bhe do this if he wa interested in Vick?

imo ....a team would have ta be hurtin pretty bad ta mess with Vick and all his bullchit,family,friends that go with it

Didn't Baltimore pretty much provide the blueprint on how to stop the Wildcat in their playoff game? It's a gimmick, and it's only one part of their offense.

Vick is in no shape to play football this year, even if the commish allows it. You don't just sit out two years and then pick up where you left off--I think Vick is done for this reason.

White has looked horrible throwing the ball in camp. Granted, he isn't and never has been a 'practice' QB. He's a guy who shines in games, but there's no way he makes this team with any chance of playing QB other than in the Wildcat role. We'd need some crazy injuries for that to happen.

Didn't Baltimore pretty much provide the blueprint on how to stop the Wildcat in their playoff game? It's a gimmick, and it's only one part of their offense.

Vick is in no shape to play football this year, even if the commish allows it. You don't just sit out two years and then pick up where you left off--I think Vick is done for this reason.

Yes and no. The only reason that Miami went to the wildcat is because they lost some lineman and the wildcat helped them hide that weakness. Their oline should be much improved with year with Thomas healthy and the addition of Grove at center. Now they can play the wildcat with extra protection. It was Pennington throwing the picks in that game though, not the wildcat guys.

Their biggest issue against Baltimore is that they could not get ANY pressure on Flacco, so I would not say the issue in that game was that the wildcat didn't work, but rather that the defense didn't work (and of course, there were the 44 INTs thrown by an otherwise steller Pennington)

If true, Parcells and the Fins became my most hated team. I will root for the freakihn Cowboys over them even. wt-f Parcells you POS.

Parcells is actually the only person that could make Vick palatable again for me. Parcells has an ability to shut people up and get them in line.

If Vick ever returns to football, I'll never watch a single game he's in with the possible exception of Giants games. However, if Parcells is responsible for bringing him in, I know that he's working him as a person too. Even if it's for the purpose of making him a focused football player rather than a decent human being, the result is still the same. This is the only way I don't boycott the entire team Vick is on if he is reinstated. Although maybe '86 and '90 are clouding my judgement.

Yawn. What he did was wrong, but he has gone to jail and done his time. If the commissioner allows him to play why should a large business ignore the opportunity to make their team better. There are dozens of players who have done terrible things to humans and they still play in the league. I could never imagine fighting dogs, but I do realize that in some parts of our country, it is seen in a different light than what most of America is brought up with. Some people grow up surrounded by stupid.

Has anyone heard of the South Carolina Gamecocks? If animal fighting is so bad, why have that as a team name?

+1

Maybe that's not what the name refers to ... :wacko:

Of course they weren't named the Gamecocks because of cock fighting, but people around here get that image when they hear the Fighting Gamecocks.

The unique moniker is held in honor of Thomas Sumter, a South Carolina war hero who was given the name "The Carolina Gamecock" during the American Revolution for his fierce fighting tactics, regardless of his physical stature or the size of his regiment. A British General commented that Sumter "fought like a gamecock." While the men have traditionally been the Fighting Gamecocks and the women were previously the Lady Gamecocks, this distinction was discontinued in part to help eliminate gender bias in their athletic department, and to discount the oft-held misconception that their mascot is meant to honor/promote animal bloodsport in any way.

Thomas Sumter was given the name by a British General. But wouldn't it beat all that cock fighting was big at that time?

http://www.history.org/Foundation/journal/...n08/rooster.cfm

Cockfighting reached its zenith in British North America between 1750 and 1800
Edited by WaterMan