[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Board Meeting - Which team do you prefer?

DMD

From a draft yesterday  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has the best start in your opinion?

• RB Adrian Peterson, RB Ronnie Brown, WR Anquan Boldin
    • RB Maurice Jones-Drew, WR Greg Jennings, WR Marques Colston
    • RB Matt Forte, WR Steve Smith, QB Drew Brees
    • RB LaDainian Tomlinson, WR Reggie Wayne, QB Peyton Manning
    • RB Michael Turner, RB Pierre Thomas, WR Roddy White
    • RB Steven Jackson, WR Calvin Johnson, RB Kevin Smith
    • RB Steve Slaton, QB Tom Brady, RB Knowshon Moreno
    • RB Frank Gore, RB Clinton Portis, WR Terrell Owens
    • WR Larry Fitzgerald, RB Marion Barber, RB Ryan Grant
    • RB Chris Johnson, WR Randy Moss, WR Dwayne Bowe
    • RB Brandon Jacobs, WR Andre Johnson, TE Jason Witten
    • RB DeAngelo Williams, RB Brian Westbrook, WR Brandon Marshall

Sorry DMD but can't say I care for that team much to be honest. Drew should be fine but IMO you're overrating him, Rogers is coming back down to Earth this year (and so therefore will Jennings), Colston I don't trust with all the spreading around Brees is doing, and Addai and FWP are both in RBBC hell and can't be counted on anyway.

Edited by BeeR

Why is Witten in the third a reach?

In a non-PPR, he was only the 131st best player in one of my non-PPR leagues last year. 904 yards and 4 TDs. There were 26 WR with better fantasy points.

Sorry DMD but can't say I care for that team much to be honest. Drew should be fine but IMO you're overrating him, Rogers is coming back down to Earth this year (and so therefore will Jennings), Colston I don't trust with all the spreading around Brees is doing, and Addai and FWP are both in RBBC hell and can't be counted on anyway.

I don't agree. Maybe if you said why you could win me over but I think Rodgers and Jennings are just getting started.

Rodgers did OK for his first season but should improve in the 4th quarter this year and will be healthier. I doubt he'll have a serious injury like last season.

In a non-PPR, he was only the 131st best player in one of my non-PPR leagues last year. 904 yards and 4 TDs. There were 26 WR with better fantasy points.

Thx for stepping up DMD. Yes, in a non-PPR Witten should not be looked at before the 6th IMO. I know this guy is trying to take a difference maker in the third but the drop in value to grab a difference maker TE is too much in the third.

I voted for MJD, Jennings, and Colston. MJD is projected to have a great year, Jennings should benefit from a very talented Rodgers throwing to him, and Brees is throwing to Colston. No weaknesses, IMO.

He doesn't compete against WRs. He competes against TEs. His value is set by how he compares to other TEs, and then comparing that difference to players at other positions and how much they outscore the baseline at that position. Witten has tremendous value, and he won't last until the end of the fourth. Even in a non-ppr, his value still sits around 18-20. Getting him at 26 represents good value.

Are you projecting only 4 TDs again for him this year?

Edited by Bronco Billy

He doesn't compete against WRs. He competes against TEs. His value is set by how he compares to other TEs, and then comparing that difference to players at other positions and how much they outscore others at that position. Witten has tremendous value, and he won't last until the end of the fourth.

Are you projecting only 4 TDs again for him this year?

In a non-PPR last year

Gonzalez 166

Witten 121

Clark 121

Gates 118

Shiancoe 102

So no, he was not a major advantage last year compared in his position. But I appreciate the lesson on player value. :wacko:

And I actually have him projected for 7 TDs.

I voted for DeAngelo, Westbrook & Marshall. That team could have the top 2 RB's and the top WR. I think that is the only team where you can say that. Could be a monster of a team.

I voted for DeAngelo, Westbrook & Marshall. That team could have the top 2 RB's and the top WR. I think that is the only team where you can say that. Could be a monster of a team.

Also three of the biggest question marks going into the season. DW has a terrible schedule and will share, Westbrook is already hurt and may not be 100% for the start of the season and is a big injury risk anyway and Marshall has Orton instead of Cutter assuming he does not sit out because they will not trade him.

I don't agree. Maybe if you said why you could win me over but I think Rodgers and Jennings are just getting started.

Rodgers did OK for his first season but should improve in the 4th quarter this year and will be healthier. I doubt he'll have a serious injury like last season.

Did "OK?" I'd call 4000+ yds and 28/13 (not to mention chipping in 200/4 rushing) one helluva lot more than OK. In fact there's precious little room to move up, and odds are a lot greater he will decline at least a little, unless you think he's the next Manning or Favre. Also I have no idea what the "serious injury" thing is about. He played hurt some, but it wasn't serious enough to sideline him or detract much from his performance.

Beyond that, they will probably play from behind less and so pass less (largely meaning medium/longer passes). Also Driver due to sail off into the sunset any day now isn't helping.

Not saying he'll tank and like the guy, but I am hardly convinced he is the next Manning or Favre.

All that aside, I am a little surprised the Slaton/Brady team didn't get a single vote. I think Slaton is poised for another good (maybe great) year and Brady will again tear it up. Moreno is promising in DEN too.

With just about EVERY team now going with a RBBC, it puts a HUGE emphasis on grabbing as many stud WR's as you can get seeing how there will be a lot left at RB in rounds 3+.

I've done this the past 2 years now and have made the championship game both years. Will definitely do this again this year in every league I'm in.