[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steven Jackson

hooknladder

I still remain pretty optimistic because as I predicted, Jackson is going to quit on his team, most likely through a "lingering" injury. Portis and Jacobs need to get it in gear a bit and I think I could be just fine out of this. I must admit Jackson is playing quite a bit better than I expected.

Jackson vows to finish season

BY BILL COATS

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

12/21/2009

Friends and family have quietly suggested to Rams running back Steven Jackson, who has been playing with a herniated disc in his back for a month, that it might be wise to call it a season.

"It's been whispered in my ear," Jackson acknowledged. "That's from people on my side looking out for what's best for my future."

Jackson is having none of it. "I love football and I love this team," he said Sunday after the Rams tumbled to 1-13 with a 16-13 loss to Houston at the Edward Jones Dome. "I only have two more games to play in this season. So, I'm just going to gut it out."

Jackson's refusal to abandon his teammates hasn't gone unnoticed in the locker room, fullback Mike Karney stressed.

"It says a lot to this team; you couldn't ask for more from him," Karney said. "I love the guy. I'll put my body on the line for him any time."

Said Brown: "We're thankful for his effort week in and week out, what he does and what he contributes to this team. That's just a testament to his willpower, his heart and to his character."

"Guys like that, that's who you want to play for," Karney said. "And you don't have enough of them in this locker room. We need more guys like that."

:wacko:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regular Season Final results:

Jackson: 243.9 points...rank 8th

Grant: 234.0 points.......rank 10th

Slaton: 161.4 points......rank 29th

Jacobs: 154.3 points....rank 33rd

Portis: 74.1 points......rank 60th

Clean sweep for the Duchess and myself: $10 for each player Sjax outperformed, and an extra $10 for him finishing in the top 10....$50 total.

Paging Seahawks21 :wacko:

Yeah, yeah. PM me your Paypal info or address to send a check to. Grant made a decent run at it, but none of the other guys end up in the top 28? Somebody didn't want me to contend in this little wager. I've got to give it up to Jackson, he had a good season and didn't quit on his team.

Yeah, yeah. PM me your Paypal info or address to send a check to. Grant made a decent run at it, but none of the other guys end up in the top 28? Somebody didn't want me to contend in this little wager. I've got to give it up to Jackson, he had a good season and didn't quit on his team.

:wacko:

thanks for being a standup guy about it

i guess that was a "return to form" :D

Swami, it's nice to see you make some scratch off my bold prediction......-now if you only listened to me about Portis :wacko:

I was wondering where swammi got his info. :D He is THE MAN as far as I am concerned.

I recieved the payment Seahawks. Thanks again.

+1...stand-up dude.

and a big thanks to hook for providing me that solid info on Sjax, or I would have never ahd made the wager. :wacko: Too bad your didn't have the khahunas to jump in yourself on Seahawks open invitation, or to challenge me to one on Portis. You'd have doubled your yearly income.

and a big thanks to hook for providing me that solid info on Sjax, or I would have never ahd made the wager. :wacko: Too bad your didn't have the khahunas to jump in yourself on Seahawks open invitation, or to challenge me to one on Portis. You'd have doubled your yearly income.

.............just when i was starting to think you might actually be alright you revert back to personal attacks......

.....way to stay classy Swam.