[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Board Meeting: Tier 2 QBs

j2v

Tier 2 QBs  

81 members have voted

1. 1. If you miss out on the elite QBs, what's your preference for filling the position?

• Kurt Warner in R4-R5
    • Philip Rivers in R5-R6
    • Tony Romo in R5-R6
    • Donovan McNabb in R6-R7
    • Carson Palmer in R7-R8
    • Reach for a Tier 3 QB like Cutler, Schaub, or Ryan
    • Wait until after R8 to select a QB

None taken, I would love to be in your league. Can you give me details?

Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate

478 312 65.3 4009 34 11 105.5

Those are tier 1 numbers.

I'm lucky, I'm already in a league with him. :wacko:

And anyone who takes a QB in the 2nd rd is wasting their pick, let alone a borderline tier 1 QB like Rivers.

Typical rookie mistake, drafting a QB early. :D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe my homer goggles are working overtime, but I do not think Schaub is a Tier 3 QB. He should be ranked as a Tier 2 QB, and think he should definitely be ahead of the likes of Palmer and Co.

Schaub averaged 276.6 yds/g last season, for number 3 in the NFL. I would be very psyched to pick him up again this year in the 6th round.

I like Schaub too. I'm just worried that he won't make it through 16 games. Again.

I'm lucky, I'm already in a league with him. :wacko:

And anyone who takes a QB in the 2nd rd is wasting their pick, let alone a borderline tier 1 QB like Rivers.

Typical rookie mistake, drafting a QB early. :D

Depends on your league. In my league the Top QB scored over 100 pts more than the top RB and more than 150 pts more than the top WR.

Depends on your league. In my league the Top QB scored over 100 pts more than the top RB and more than 150 pts more than the top WR.

Does every team start 1 QB?

If the answer is yes than the amount of points the score in relation to WR and RB is irrelevant. You can only compare QBs to QBs

If the answer is yes than the amount of points the score in relation to WR and RB is irrelevant. You can only compare QBs to QBs

Yes every team starts 1 QB. You have to look at points between positions. That's valued based drafting.

Yes every team starts 1 QB. You have to look at points between positions. That's valued based drafting.

yes, value based drafting and there is little value at QB until the 3rd round.

yes, value based drafting and there is little value at QB until the 3rd round.

Why do you think that? Does your league's scoring devalue the QB that much? In my league the differential between the #1 QB and the #7 QB is about 100 pts which is worth about a top tier WR. There has never been a winner in my league without a top 5 QB.

Edited by luckydawg

Why do you think that? Does your league's scoring devalue the QB that much? In my league the differential between the #1 QB and the #7 QB is about 100 pts which is worth about a top tier WR. There has never been a winner in my league without a top 5 QB.

I've rarely seen a QB win a league for anyone. including the Brady and Manning record years. You guys use PPC or something?

I've rarely seen a QB win a league for anyone. including the Brady and Manning record years. You guys use PPC or something?

Just 6 pts for all TDs. 1 pt for each 10 yrds for RB/WR. 1 pt for each 20 yrds QB. Also some special distance scoring bonus but nothing crazy. Like extra 3 pts if TD is longer than 50 yrds. No points for receptions or anything like that.

I'm with Zooty on this. I've asked this a few times and it never seems to happen, BUT can we just sticky one of Big Country's posts on the matter? The dude is very thorough. Luckily most the guys in my main local draft QBs super early and don't read the huddle. :wacko:

If a tier 1 QB doesn't fall to me at the end of round 4/top to middle of round 5 (and they almost never do), I am completely confident that I can get equivalent results by playing match-up QBBC with a pair of QBs selected in or after round 9 - meaning I can spend rounds 1-8 loading up on RB/WR/TE and get roughly the same numbers at my QB position with selective starts.

I don't see any logical reason for going for any middle tier guys unless they dropped quite a ways beyond their current ADPs.

True, however, if the QBs do score so many more points than the other positions, and there is a significant difference in the points scored between the QBs, then you have one of those caveat situations where the socring system and league structure is such that QBs are the key value position, though I;d call the game fantasy quarterback in that type of setup.

Point differential... not points.

What;s the differential between the top WRs and RBs? It is differential that determines positional value, not points scored.

uh, no it's not.

I want in this league too. Did someone draft TE Gonzo 1st round too? After all he put up Tier 1 TE numbers. :wacko:

True, however, if the QBs do score so many more points than the other positions, and there is a significant difference in the points scored between the QBs, then you have one of those caveat situations where the socring system and league structure is such that QBs are the key value position, though I;d call the game fantasy quarterback in that type of setup.

Point differential... not points.

What;s the differential between the top WRs and RBs? It is differential that determines positional value, not points scored.

Points less other points = differential to me. There was about a 40 pt differential between the #1 and #7 WR and about 80 pts in RB position. QBs have more value in my league because you only start 1. I'm not an advocate of devaluing the most important position in football.

uh, no it's not.

I want in this league too. Did someone draft TE Gonzo 1st round too? After all he put up Tier 1 TE numbers. :wacko:

I'll play in your league too if you send me the details. It all depends on the rules if you should draft a TE early or not. If you value a TE and can only start 1 and their scoring is worth as much as a WR then they should be taken relatively early since there are only a handful of good TE and the drop off is substantial.

Edited by luckydawg

Points less other points = differential to me. There was about a 40 pt differential between the #1 and #7 WR and about 80 pts in RB position. QBs have more value in my league because you only start 1. I'm not an advocate of devaluing the most important position in football.

Dude, you're really not making sense here. QB should have less relative value in most situations precisely BECAUSE you only start one. Every week (assuming a standard system w/12-team league) only 12 QB's must be started, while 24 RB's and 36 WR must also make the start. In typical scoring systems, as BC has already mentioned, you'd have to have a ridiculous difference between the top 12 QB to the bottom 12 before it makes sense to forego RB and WR in favor of them.

Dude, you're really not making sense here. QB should have less relative value in most situations precisely BECAUSE you only start one. Every week (assuming a standard system w/12-team league) only 12 QB's must be started, while 24 RB's and 36 WR must also make the start. In typical scoring systems, as BC has already mentioned, you'd have to have a ridiculous difference between the top 12 QB to the bottom 12 before it makes sense to forego RB and WR in favor of them.

In my league the top QB scored 296 pts, the top RB scored 193 and the top WR scored 132. The #12 QB scored only 116 pts. If anyone wants to be in my league we may have an opening this year. Email me. Typical payout is a few grand.

In my league the top QB scored 296 pts, the top RB scored 193 and the top WR scored 132. The #12 QB scored only 116 pts. If anyone wants to be in my league we may have an opening this year. Email me. Typical payout is a few grand.

Scoring system, please.

I refer to my bolded section, though for scoring this skewed, I would think that there is more to play than just a small modification to passing yardage scoring (if my memory of the earlier part of this thread is correct, your QB scoring was yardage heavy)

How many RBs/WRs do you start, and what is the differential between the top players and the last starter at each?

I refer to my bolded section, though for scoring this skewed, I would think that there is more to play than just a small modification to passing yardage scoring (if my memory of the earlier part of this thread is correct, your QB scoring was yardage heavy)

How many RBs/WRs do you start, and what is the differential between the top players and the last starter at each?

How is it skewed? It evens out the fact that most leagues start 2 Rbs and 3 WRs. If the RBs scored as much as the QBs then you have a fantasy RB league.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 K and 1 Def . Define last starter so I can give you a number.