[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Board Meeting - Top Four WR - Who is the best?

DMD

#1 WR poll  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose in a Non-PPR league?

• Larry Fitzgerald
    • Andre Johnson
    • Randy Moss
    • Calvin Johnson
  2. 2. Who would you choose in a PPR league?

• Larry Fitzgerald
    • Andre Johnson
    • Randy Moss
    • Calvin Johnson
  3. 3. Does PPR or non-PPR make a difference for the top WR?

• Nope - #1 stud is a #1 stud
    • Yes - changes who is most valuable

While most FF'ers would be plenty happy to have any of the four players, which one is the best one in your view? Like you were in a draft and had a pick to make where you wanted a WR and knew that all four would be gone with your next pick. Who to take? All four have been drafted as the #1 wideout this summer. Considerations:

Fitzgerald - Elite to be sure but Boldin there to collect catches. Plus what happens with old man Warner is knocked out of game? He is the oldest starting QB at 38 and has had durability issues in the past.

Andre Johnson - Has been tremendous but Schaub another injury-prone QB and Sage Rosenfels is gone. Can Orlovsky take over if needed? HOU has a running game now too.

Randy Moss - HOF'er to be sure and set NFL records in 2007. Brady is going to be back but will he be healthy?

Calvin Johnson - May be the most talented of the bunch but could have a rookie QB or Culpepper as QB. Then again, DET needs to throw. Then again, who else does DEF have to worry about?

It's tough obviously given the talent levels we're talking about...That said, I want Fitzy first.

1) You have to love that weak NFC West schedule, including sweetheart games in week 15 (at Detroit) and week 16 (at home versus St Louis)

2) The offense is built to move, Kurt Warner can still sling it, and having Bolding/Breaston actually help as the defense can not just key on Fitz

3) He puts in 100% every play and his hands are made of glue

Yes Moss is talented, but he's 32 years old and his QB is coming back from major knee surgery.

Megatron will get his (though he's the ONE guy who I think is worth less in a PPR, cause he's gonna have bad weeks and a lot of home run weeks, but the inconsistency will hurt you over the season)

Nothing bad to say about AJ, I'd probably be just as happy with him as my first WR as Fitz

WashD

:D I'd take Moss as the first WR.

+1 in a non-PPR league. With Brady back he will be VERY dangerous. :wacko:

I voted for Andre Johnson in a PPR league. I just think he'll be at the top of the list in receptions by the end of the season.

Randy should be in a tier all to himself as long as Brady is his QB.

I'm not necessarily expecting a repeat of 07, but with a year to get hungry while they waited to be on the field together again, I fully expect this combo to come out firing. They aren't going to be bashful. I see no reason why you shouldn't expect Brady to throw for a minimum 40 TD's, and Moss a minimum of 15, and those are minimums.

i like both a johnson and fitz about the same both just a little above moss and c johnson, i would struggle with the choice but probabley go with fitz because of his playoff weeks schdule

How does Calivin Johnson keep getting in these discussions?

Did DET sign a good QB that I don't know about?

I understand your questioning but he always gets drafted in the first four and sometimes even as #1 among WR. He ranked #3 last year in non-PPR and PPR with 78-1 331-12 and that was with no worse QB than he will have this year. Plus there is the "Rookie Matt Ryan to Roddy White" success of last year that makes Stafford not seem so scary.

Now that I think about it, all of the top 4 could potentially have QB issues.

Moss - Can Brady return to form? Will he play 16 games?

A. Johnson - Schaub has never played a full season. He always seems to get hurt. Andre didn't miss a beat with Rosenfels last year. He might if he has to play with Orlovsky.

C. Johnson - Playing with Culpepper or a rookie.

Fitz - Warner is 38. Can he throw another 30 TDs this year? Does he have another magic season in him?

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the top 4 fail to meet expectations this year due to QB issues. :wacko:

Now that I think about it, all of the top 4 could potentially have QB issues.

Moss - Can Brady return to form? Will he play 16 games?

A. Johnson - Schaub has never played a full season. He always seems to get hurt. Andre didn't miss a beat with Rosenfels last year. He might if he has to play with Orlovsky.

C. Johnson - Playing with Culpepper or a rookie.

Fitz - Warner is 38. Can he throw another 30 TDs this year? Does he have another magic season in him?

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the top 4 fail to meet expectations this year due to QB issues. :D

Reggie Wayne :wacko:

I think Andre Johnson with a healthy Schaub could give Moss and Fitzgerald some competition for the #1 WR in the NFL.

I'd love for Schuaby to stay healthy a full season. The dude is good and I've gotten great value on him in drafts the last few years. I just want to be able to count on him all season (and a healthy AJ all season). The upside is always there.

Jennings not resting on his laurels

On the heels of signing a fat new contract, one might think Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings would spend a little down time celebrating his good fortune.

Instead, Jennings has been training this week in Minnesota with other NFL receivers as well as Jerry Rice, perhaps the greatest wideout in league history.

The fact Jennings is rubbing shoulders with some big-name receivers should be an indication he doesn’t intend to get comfortable with his new-found wealth or rest on his laurels.

Jennings is part of an NFL receiving corps invited to the Twin Cities by Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.

"Fitz called and told me the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) was going to be here," Jennings told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "Anytime you get an opportunity to work with a legend like that, you’ve got to take advantage of it. That was my main focus, trying to get here, to sponge off some of his knowledge that he can feed to us."

The Star Tribune reports that Fitzgerald wants the Twin Cities to become a popular destination for NFL players looking to stay in shape with intensive workouts before training camp begins. Fitzgerald, Rice and a group of players that included wide receivers Brandon Marshall (Denver Broncos), Jennings and Michael Clayton (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) worked out at the Gophers practice facility Wednesday.

Other players taking part included Arizona safety Antrel Rolle, Pittsburgh tight end Matt Spaeth, St. Louis linebacker James Laurinaitis and Arizona tight end Dominique Byrd.

Quarterbacks Tony Romo of Dallas and Joe Flacco of Baltimore are expected to arrive for workouts next week, while the Star Tribune says Buffalo Bills wide receiver Lee Evans and former Vikings receiver Cris Carter also are planning to visit.

"We’re the young guns, the young guys that are just coming up and making plays," Fitzgerald said. "I think this is a good group."

Rice, 46, remains in tip-top shape. He took part in all the conditioning drills and worked on route running with the receivers and offered his insight.

Edited by Randall