[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve McNair

penguin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess you dont have daughters, if you did I am sure you would not be pleased if at 20 yrs old she was dating a 37 yr old man. Now if its 35 and 52 thats a different story. As far as your first point,its not that anyone said it was NOT wrong .It's that they got on guys for saying it is and were telling people that they should not care if he did or didn't cheat and that was my point . It doesn't change how I feel about him or other famous athletes who have done the same thing because they are just athletes, not heros or role models to me , but others feel differently. And having to explain what he was dong with this "woman" will be a hard conversation to have with his kids and not one I would want my wife to have to have with mine. Obviously if you are a person who cheats ,or has in the past ,on his wife/girlfriend you would have less problems with it then others will. And I am sure someone somewhere cares! :wacko:

While i don't have daughters (that i know of), i prefer to judge people on who they are rather than something as unrevealing as how old they are, especially in this context where the ages are 36 and 20, which is really not incredibly uncommon.

I really think you're missing the boat here getting hung up on age difference and cheating, which incidentally, we don't know for a fact at this point, was even occurring. Neither of these topics is very relevant to the discussion.

While i don't have daughters (that i know of), i prefer to judge people on who they are rather than something as unrevealing as how old they are, especially in this context where the ages are 36 and 20, which is really not incredibly uncommon.

I really think you're missing the boat here getting hung up on age difference and cheating, which incidentally, we don't know for a fact at this point, was even occurring. Neither of these topics is very relevant to the discussion.

http://www.courant.com/sports/football/sns...,0,397123.story

I think it's a known fact they were dating, and apparently his wife didn't know about it. Some hinting of drug/alcohol abuse going on. If he didn't want to be married, he should have filed for divorce and carried on w/ the young girl...it would have raised some eyebrows, but it would have blown over eventually, as well as the relationship itself.... Pretty crappy he did this to his wife and kids, IMO. Sounds like he/she had about the same maturity level...that of a 20-yr old.

If he didn't want to be married, he should have filed for divorce

I don't know the laws in Tennessee or whatever state he got married in... but in some states you can't get an immediate divorce. Some separations are at least a year before a judge allows the divorce. Not justifying his particular actions, but maybe this could have played a part. The marriage may have been over for quite some time, just not legally complete.

I don't know the laws in Tennessee or whatever state he got married in... but in some states you can't get an immediate divorce. Some separations are at least a year before a judge allows the divorce. Not justifying his particular actions, but maybe this could have played a part. The marriage may have been over for quite some time, just not legally complete.

but wouldn't that show up as a legal record in the court system? a legal separation, per se?

I have a 14 month old daughter, but it's awhile until I have to worry about who she dates. I think Azazello nailed my main point. The guy just died and several people jump out to kick dirt on him because they found out he had a girlfriend.

just seems like a dude being murdered in cold blood is a strange choice of an opportunity to get on a soapbox over a "societal attitude in general".

I think you'd be shocked at how many athletes have girlfriends. I'm not saying it is ok, but I guarantee you if you took Joe sixpack and made him a famous elite athlete worth millions of dollars, you'd be surprised how many seemingly "good guys" fold to the pressure of having a lot of women after them. Again, it doesn't make it ok but I think the world looks a little different from that side of the table and I'm not surprised that people fall into bad behavior. We're all humans and have our vices. Good people sometimes do stupid chit and I'd rather talk about his life and career that we knew about and try to save judgment until we hear more (especially from the wife).