[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mcnair, What Happened?

Cowboyz1

First off, I think is is an horrible tragety no matter how or why he is gone. It just hurts my heart to think a guy with so much living to do is dead at 36. That said, I just can't get my arms around what could have possiby gone so wrong for him to end up dead. So I ask the question. What do you thiink happened.

1. He was devastated that his marriage was going bad and life was just not worth living so he and his girl friend decided to end it all.

2. He was dating someones girl and they didn't like it and they staged a murder suicide.

3. He had a arguement with the wrong guy and was followed home and was shot with his girlfriend.

4. They planned the whole thing together, double suicide.

5. She was broken and pissed because he decided to work it out with his wife and she snapped. Thus four shots.

6. She was pregnant and he didn't want to marry her so she snapped.

7. We will never know.

I am just curious as to what people are thinking given what we know now. I am sick over what happened and really want to know why because I loved the guy as a player and from what I though seemed to have a stable private life. I guess money and fame are sometimes harder to handle then the ordinary Joes. But for what ever reason he will be missed and I hope his family and kids have enough support to make it though. I am so tired of seeing our young black men dieing so young and for seemingly no reason at all. RIP Steve Mcnair AKA Air Mcnair. You will be missed.

Edited by Cowboyz1

never thought about #6, since she was caught under the influence 2 days before in her escalade gift drunk or high, but stranger things have happened...I think more along the lines of 5, she snapped he wouldn't leave his wife, she shot him in a fit of rage, realized what she had done and decided to end her own life...believe you me, I have expreience w/ young people dying of suicide when their partners "betray" them. Emotionally unstable people like her doing tragic things...

I have just slightly more interest in the story behind this than I do in Michael Jackson's death - which isn't saying much as that's pretty much zero - but from what I hear 'round the water cooler, it sounds like he was nailing some Middle Eastern chick who was probably a gold-digging loon that, when she realized he wasn't about to leave his wife and perhaps was nailing her just for the sake of it, totally lost it and killed him then herself. Sad stuff for sure, but I will never get people's obsession w/celeb dirt, esp morbid stuff like this, but to each their own

Just thought of one more.

Middle Eastern woman, a brother or family member of the girl didn't like the trashing of tradition and murdered them both for Middle Eastern Jihady purposes.

Thing that puzzles me is the four shots to Mcnair. Why Four. That is rage or anger not just to be sure. Therefore, either she was pissed and snapped or someone else raged on Mcnair and killed the girl as an after thought. The other thing that bothers me is she bought the gun Thursday (two days prior to the shooting) so how good a shot could she have been? Two in the chest then two in the head sounds awefully cold and calculating. Two things that just make me wonder if she could do it. No missed shots and two center mass and two head shots. Two of those shots would seemingly be paused then planned wouln't you think? Boom Boom........pause...................Boom Boom...........That take coldness and planning. She was either a very good shot or very miraculously lucky with all four or she didn't do it.

Edited by Cowboyz1

You know what, think about this. She buys a gun, assuming she has never shot one before, she planned to kill someone or was afraid of someone. I would suggest afraid of someone. That said a girl first time shooting or novice at best, takes aim turning her head out of fear of what the gun will do and fires for shots. Now either she is one cold, and fearless woman that can stand tall and fire four rounds steady not missing one round or she didn't do it at all. I have a hard time thinking she could fire four rounds perfectly placed without any training in a fit of rage unless she is a straight up nut case that turned Sigourney Weaver or Jody Foster for a few seconds then snapped out of it and turned the gun on herself.

Someone was pissed or this was a hit with an experienced killer. It is not easy to hit someone four times deadly accurate rage or no rage, that is not easy emotionally or physically. Just makes me wonder if she could do it at all especially being 20 years old. Wierd and tragic.

Also, physics seems to be off here also. How does the gun end up under her. Recoil would send the gun back away from the head so how does the gun end up under her. Seems very odd that she could shoot herself then fall on top of the gun. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Cowboyz1

McNair liked guns, probably taught her how to use one, my ex was a gun fanatic, loved showing me how to shoot, not very difficult to learn how to cock it load it and fire IMO, no rocket science needed

McNair liked guns, probably taught her how to use one, my ex was a gun fanatic, loved showing me how to shoot, not very difficult to learn how to cock it load it and fire IMO, no rocket science needed

Yeah but I corrected that she bought the gun two day prior not two weeks. Meaning unless what you say is true and Mcnair trained her, I would be hard pressed to say she could pull that off without flinching and missing at least once. If he did train her that makes this even more tragic.

Your right though it is not rocket science to shoot targets and fire a weapon but it does take something else to aim at a person and fire four rounds into them accurately. Kiling someone is not an easy thing to do at any level. If she did do it, in a fit of rage, you'd think there would have been some signs or red flags for Mcnair.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Too bad he wasn't having a gay affair with Romo. Romo would have never been able to hit him in a pressure situation and would have fumbled the gun away anyhow.

wildass conspiracy theory

You're assuming she was standing up. In fact, you'll probably find they were sitting within a yard of each other, likely on the same couch, which explains the four hits (do we know there were only four total shots fired?) and, if she was sitting, it would be much easier for the gun to be under her afterward.

I have heard that when girls snap they will unload a gun into their victim. That follows what happened though she seemed an awfully good shot to hit four times and not miss. She also was not old enough to purchase a pistol I would think - it is 21 in all states for a pistol I think. I would guess that we will never really know what happened.

I have heard that when girls snap they will unload a gun into their victim. That follows what happened though she seemed an awfully good shot to hit four times and not miss. She also was not old enough to purchase a pistol I would think- it is 21 in all states for a pistol I think. I would guess that we will never really know what happened.

I have to see if I can find the link to the story, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that her brother was the one who purchased the gun for her.

I have to see if I can find the link to the story, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that her brother was the one who purchased the gun for her.

So does that mean she was getting ready or scared that someone was coming to get her and him from the other nights reported threat?

Also, why didn't anyone hear 5 shots in a condo when from the looks of things there are many other residents in close proximity. Dismissed as 4th of July fire crackers maybe but that seems wierd also that no one called 911 after 5 shots rang out. Were they in the getto?

Someone was pissed or this was a hit with an experienced killer. It is not easy to hit someone four times deadly accurate rage or no rage, that is not easy emotionally or physically. Just makes me wonder if she could do it at all especially being 20 years old. Wierd and tragic.

Also, physics seems to be off here also. How does the gun end up under her. Recoil would send the gun back away from the head so how does the gun end up under her. Seems very odd that she could shoot herself then fall on top of the gun. That just doesn't make sense to me.

What is with all this talk of accuracy? What did her shot group look like? I have heard two shots to the chest and 2 to the head...hell those shots to the chest, on a guy McNairs size, coulld have been 4 - 8 inches apart or more. One article i read said three of the shots were from more than 3 feet away but they were in a condo so in all likelihood they were within 10-15 feet of each other(speclation I admit but likely). You don't have to be an expert marksman to hit something that close to you. And maybe it took 4 shots because she was aiming for his head when she put two in his chest.

Middle Eastern woman, a brother or family member of the girl didn't like the trashing of tradition and murdered them both for Middle Eastern Jihady purposes.

Maybe it wasnt really a gun and he was actually killed by the easter bunnys poop pellets

So does that mean she was getting ready or scared that someone was coming to get her and him from the other nights reported threat?

Also, why didn't anyone hear 5 shots in a condo when from the looks of things there are many other residents in close proximity. Dismissed as 4th of July fire crackers maybe but that seems wierd also that no one called 911 after 5 shots rang out. Were they in the getto?

I can't find the article and now police are saying the she bought the gun from someone else. Bottom line is that, other than the facts that both are dead and both appear to have been involved in a relationship, we know nothing else at this point. Anything else is pure speculation.

I can't find the article and now police are saying the she bought the gun from someone else. Bottom line is that, other than the facts that both are dead and both appear to have been involved in a relationship, we know nothing else at this point. Anything else is pure speculation.

+1

Did anyone hear all 4 shots - That way you would know how quick they were? My guess is she shot him once and then 3 more times to make sure. So the last 3 would have been while he was already either dead or hurt badly.

It's a wierd coincidence that the officer who busted her for DUI is the same one who busted McNair some 6 years ago. McNair beat the rap and I believe the officer was disciplined for some improper procedures. Then this chick gets nailed and McNair leaves her there to contend with the situation on her own. I'd love to know what her and the cop talked about after McNair left the scene :wacko:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken