[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New League of Regulars?

Brentastic

I'd love to be in a league with some other 'regulars' on here. I'd like to do this where the majority of the payout goes toward the top overall points (top 3 of a 12 man league). I don't mind having a small payout to the SB winner but the H2H format is more luck based and I am not a fan of it.

I have been in a BOTH league for the last 4 years but decided to drop out this year because it's H2H and I'm just not a fan of that format. I have been in the money nearly every year, so you'd think I like the format - but it's more luck based than overall points and it's just not that exciting to me. I loved the guys though so I'm looking for something more appealing but with other huddlers I know.

Anywho - I know this is the wrong forum but I wanted to attract the regulars out there. As far as league fees, I'd be willing to do anything from $25 to $125 or so. I'd rather not be commish but I would if no one else would do it. I have so many other responsibilities that I'm afraid being commish would be too daunting - we could have 2 commishes to ease the load.

I'd be willing to do anything from an 8 man league to a 14 man league. I'd like to have typical decimal scoring with PPR. Ideally, I'd like to add bonus scoring for longer TDs (not yardage bonus).

Let me know via PM if anyone wants to do this. We can get 12 regulars to do this, can't we?

Leagues that use total points as the league champion are the only leagues I care to play in. It's the truest test of who's the best. If you need a team with this format, count me in. I wouldn't be interested though if the league fee is anything less than $100.00

Leagues that use total points as the league champion are the only leagues I care to play in. It's the truest test of who's the best. If you need a team with this format, count me in. I wouldn't be interested though if the league fee is anything less than $100.00

I feel the same way on all counts. So there's 2 of us so far :wacko:

I feel the same way on all counts. So there's 2 of us so far :wacko:

JMO, but I find "All Play" to be a superior format to Total Points. Sounds like you guys are into reducing the luck factor in HTH, which is something that many don't like. Total points also has some luck factor that IMO is neutralized a little bit by all play.

Not looking for a new league myself, but if I were I would be looking at that format.

Ideally, I'd like to add bonus scoring for longer TDs (not yardage bonus).

How can you reconcile this desire with your stated aversion to the luck in H2H? Personally, I find bonus scoring for long TDs to be a joke. How does a 51 yard TD warrant extra points whereas a 49 yard TD doesn't? Isn't that entirely luck?

Note to everyone ... I'm in the process of putting together something along these lines (all play / best ball), but will lend itself to more smack-talking (and is sorta nuanced) ... I'm hoping to roll it out next week (I've been working on it off an on for about two years) ...

JMO, but I find "All Play" to be a superior format to Total Points. Sounds like you guys are into reducing the luck factor in HTH, which is something that many don't like. Total points also has some luck factor that IMO is neutralized a little bit by all play.

Not looking for a new league myself, but if I were I would be looking at that format.

How does an "all play' format work? Is that where you essentially play everyone each week? For instance in a 12 man league, high points for a given week will get 12 points and low man of the week gets 1?

If so, I've been wanting to implement this for awhile with no luck. Sounds like a great idea though.

How can you reconcile this desire with your stated aversion to the luck in H2H? Personally, I find bonus scoring for long TDs to be a joke. How does a 51 yard TD warrant extra points whereas a 49 yard TD doesn't? Isn't that entirely luck?

I can sort of see your point. But I guess for me, the luck factor of H2H stems from scheduling and is irrelevant of what your team actually scores that week - if you're the 2nd highest point getter that week but play the highest, you get a loss and that loss has nothing to do with the strength of your team and everything to do with the luck of scheduling. Longer TDs aren't really luck because they actually occur and your scoring accounts for them - it's no different than a WR getting 10 receptions for 40 yards. I guess both scenarios have some amount of luck but one is luck on the field and the other (scheduling) occurs away from the field and has nothing to do with player performance. I mean, you could argue several plays on the field are luck.

How does an "all play' format work? Is that where you essentially play everyone each week? For instance in a 12 man league, high points for a given week will get 12 points and low man of the week gets 1?

If so, I've been wanting to implement this for awhile with no luck. Sounds like a great idea though.

Sort of. Everyone gets a win loss record. The best win/loss record you can get in a week is 11-0. Each week you add up the records, and the guy with the best record at the end is the winner.

Brent, I may be interested in a league of all play especially because 2 of my leagues may disband. It would need to be a 100+ buy in to keep me interested. I have found that in most cases the leagues where the entry fee is much less than $100 lose my interest. (yeah, money is a motivator for me apparently...) Keep me posted.

Brent, I may be interested in a league of all play especially because 2 of my leagues may disband. It would need to be a 100+ buy in to keep me interested. I have found that in most cases the leagues where the entry fee is much less than $100 lose my interest. (yeah, money is a motivator for me apparently...) Keep me posted.

Well you and I are the same as far as higher fees.

I think the tally is 3 then - you, me and professor.

What's the least amount of owners that would get you to participate? In other words, if we can only get 8 owners would you still be interested?

:wacko:

Try all-play. If you would be interested in using a weekly all-play rather than a total pts league, I'd be interested.

I actually would rather try the 'all play' method. However, I would really want someone else to commish.

I'm in for a $100 buy-in, all play format. Can we get an official list of who is in?

I can do points or all play, but I'm actually more interested in all play since I've been wanting to do this for a few years now.

Would you be interested in bonus scoring for longer TDs? That really brings out the 'fantasy' aspect - rooting for big plays and such.

I actually would rather try the 'all play' method. However, I would really want someone else to commish.

I'm in for a $100 buy-in, all play format. Can we get an official list of who is in?

I can do points or all play, but I'm actually more interested in all play since I've been wanting to do this for a few years now.

Would you be interested in bonus scoring for longer TDs? That really brings out the 'fantasy' aspect - rooting for big plays and such.

I don't like the longer TD aspect and would vote that down. As far as the number of teams, it depends on exactly how the all play systems works. I would guess I want a minimum 10 teams, but most likley would like to see a 12 team league. (I can't commish.)

Establishing the official rules in a post and asking for members to join the league is really the first order of business in the league. I know very little about how all play rules work outside of the fact that it is predicated on total points each week and at the end of the season.

I don't like the longer TD aspect and would vote that down. As far as the number of teams, it depends on exactly how the all play systems works. I would guess I want a minimum 10 teams, but most likley would like to see a 12 team league. (I can't commish.)

Establishing the official rules in a post and asking for members to join the league is really the first order of business in the league. I know very little about how all play rules work outside of the fact that it is predicated on total points each week and at the end of the season.

I'm with you - Ideally I want 12 teams. As far as bonus points for longer TDs, that's not something that will make or break my participation, it's something I'm a fan of but I won't push for it if the majority doesn't agree.

So, it sounds like you would be interested in the all play league then. Maybe I'll PM BB and see if he would like to commish it :wacko:

Brent-

Just got word yesterday from the company I work for that I will be given added responsibility starting in August. Unfortunately, it looks like I will not have the time to invest into another league. Good luck on putting together your new league with the new format.

Brent-

Just got word yesterday from the company I work for that I will be given added responsibility starting in August. Unfortunately, it looks like I will not have the time to invest into another league. Good luck on putting together your new league with the new format.

No worries man - I hope you got added money with those added responsibilities!!