[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What constitutes a "too expensive" league?

muck

What is the most you'd pay to be in a league as the sole owner of the team?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most you'd pay to be in a league as the sole owner of the team?

• $0, I only play free leagues
    • $25 and under only
    • $50 and under only
    • $100 and under only
    • $250 and under only
    • $500 and under only
    • $1000 and under only
    • No real limit; if I really like it, I'm good for 'whatever'

I was thinking about how much some guys will pay to be in a league as the sole - owner (as opposed to co-owning in an even more expensive league)...

ASSUMING that your league-mates were cool, you liked the rules, etc., what is the max you'd pay to be in a league?

I said $100 and under, but that's due to the fact that I have (had) a bunch of leagues in years past. Last year I had 10 and the year before that 9, I think.

I'd have to say a lot of it would depend on the year, and how busy I am at work. If it is dead that means no money coming in, so I'd be less likely to pay a large entry fee. If business is booming then I'll be crazy busy and wouldn't have time to get real detailed in my analysis of players and teams so I'd be less likely to pay a large entry fee. If business is good, but it looks like my personal work load is going to be light, I be willing to do a big money league if I was comfortable with the rules.

We've kept it at $150 per owner (ten team league) ever since league started some 11 years ago, no one seems to balk at that amount....

In my local, I made it $160....it was tough to find 12 people willing to pay it and when I did....but things always managed to work out...

My answer is different now with four kids than what it was when I had only one...

While I may go to $500, I said $250 (the real amount is probably somewhere between the two)...

i like to kick up the stakes, but i'd have a hard time going over $500.

Same here. Anything over 500 I would take on a partner. My biggest league is my main local at 250. The biggest I ever did was WCOFF with 2 partners.