[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate this time of year

Next year, join a Canadian Football League fantasy league ... Darian Durant threw three touchdown passes to lead the Saskatchewan Roughriders to a 46-36 win over the Toronto Argonauts yesterday -- I watched some of the game. Durant, you may remember, left UNC with the college's records for completion percent, passing TDs, and passing yards -- was in the Ravens camp but got cut during his rookie season. Now he's in Saskatchewan ...

Hey, except for the silliness of punting on 3rd down, it's football -- and for those willing to do their homework, fantasy glory awaits ... :wacko:

It's hot outside, baseball sucks, training camps haven't started yet. :D I look on here everyday and it's pretty much the same info for the next 2-3 weeks. :D I'm just a 30 something looking forward to another Fantasy Football season. Is that so wrong? :wacko:

Nah. Pathetic, but not "wrong." :D

I'll take warm weather, long days, lot of things going on (pool parties, biking, cookouts etc etc) and vacation coming up vs colder weather, shorter days, and that only getting worse as winter looms right around the corner.

ie the only thing that sucks about this time of year is no football (and you still have FF drafts to look forward to).

If it was up to me, we'd skip right from about Thanksgiving to St Pattys Day and finish up the season in March.

Nah. Pathetic, but not "wrong." :wacko:

I'll take warm weather, long days, lot of things going on (pool parties, biking, cookouts etc etc) and vacation coming up vs colder weather, shorter days, and that only getting worse as winter looms right around the corner.

ie the only thing that sucks about this time of year is no football (and you still have FF drafts to look forward to).

If it was up to me, we'd skip right from about Thanksgiving to St Pattys Day and finish up the season in March.

I hear ya, the brutal cold is no fun either, but I do enjoy fall. It gets so hot in St Louis sometimes that you can't go out and enjoy the weather. My drafts are 6-7 weeks out too.

What's not to love this time of year? There's all sorts of things going on in the world of the NFL. Just look at the "top headlines" from CNN:

# Thousands attend McNair funeral in Mississippi

# Businessman pays stranger's $4K debt to Brady

# Firm cites reasons for replacing Cowboys' roof

# Film studio head pledges to repay Saints' $1.9M

# Stallworth released after manslaughter sentence

# Chargers RB Brinkley wounded in Philly shooting

# McNair killing murder-suicide | QB memorialized

# Judge: NFL can't suspend Vikings' DTs ... yet

# Goodell, Mora make it to Mount Rainier summit

# Haynesworth gets probation for reckless driving

# Officer: McNair unhappy in girlfriend's DUI stop

It's hot outside, baseball sucks, training camps haven't started yet. :D I look on here everyday and it's pretty much the same info for the next 2-3 weeks. :D I'm just a 30 something looking forward to another Fantasy Football season. Is that so wrong? :wacko:

Amen.

I'll be honest. I love this time of year. Fresh tomatoes from the garden, kids running around the yard, cold beers in the garage while the Royals are on TV...

Love it way more than football season.

Of course...easy to relax when expectations are low...!

J/K