[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rivers, Rodgers, Warner going pretty cheaply

BeeR

At least in mocks I'm seeing...well below the "top 3" of Brady/Manning/Brees. ? These other guys all did REALLY well last year and while some regression wouldn't be a surprise, they all seem to me to be about as good of bets as the 1st tier guys or really close. Why the hesitation? Injury thing w/Warner? Sophomore jinx on Rodgers? Bad WR vibes on Rivers? ??

What do you consider cheaply?

In MFL ADP of real drafts after July 1st they are going here(20-30 drafts).

Rodgers is going in the 3rd on average.

1. Brees, Drew NOS QB 16.23

2. Brady, Tom NEP QB 23.79

3. Manning, Peyton IND QB 29.47

4. Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 33.47

5. Rivers, Philip SDC QB 43.27

6. Romo, Tony DAL QB 52.96

7. Ryan, Matt ATL QB 57.85 9

8. Warner, Kurt ARI QB 58.32

9. Cutler, Jay CHI QB 58.56

10. McNabb, Donovan PHI QB 61.50

13. Palmer, Carson CIN QB 82.17 could be a bargain this year(6th round)

Edit Here's the link.

Edited by Randall

I feel that you can get the above guys mentioned pretty cheaply in some drafts because of how deep the QB class is. I wouldn't mind having any of these 10 QBs for my #1 and would prefer taking one at the end of the list while I fill in my RBs and WRs- Brees, Brady, Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Warner, McNabb, Romo, Schaub and Ryan. I feel the same way about TEs and would prefer waiting on them as well and taking one at the end of this list while I continue to add more depth at RB and WR and grabbing a QB bolded above- Witten, Gates, Gonzo, Clark, Winslow, Daniels, Olsen, Cooley and Carlson.

Probably because each comes with the possibility of playing below the level they did last season.

Last year the Bolts running game faltered so Rivers ended up airing it out. This year Norv wants a resurgent running game to balance out the passing attack. That would mean worse stats for Philip.

For one thing, all three guys will have a hard time meeting or exceeding what they did last year. On top of that, the circumstances around each team benefited each QB's stats. The Chargers and Packers had a hard time stopping opponents on D last year so Rodgers and Rivers ended up passing A LOT. The Cardinals all but abandoned the run last year and Warner made good use of that.

Law of averages if nothing else says that sure they will likely settle back down from last year. But considering what they are costing, they don't have to set the world on fire, and I doubt any falls off a cliff. They just seem to be excellent value based on prices I'm seeing.

What do you consider cheaply?

In MFL ADP of real drafts after July 1st they are going here(20-30 drafts).

Rodgers is going in the 3rd on average.

1. Brees, Drew NOS QB 16.23

2. Brady, Tom NEP QB 23.79

3. Manning, Peyton IND QB 29.47

4. Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 33.47

5. Rivers, Philip SDC QB 43.27

6. Romo, Tony DAL QB 52.96

7. Ryan, Matt ATL QB 57.85 9

8. Warner, Kurt ARI QB 58.32

9. Cutler, Jay CHI QB 58.56

10. McNabb, Donovan PHI QB 61.50

13. Palmer, Carson CIN QB 82.17 could be a bargain this year(6th round)

Edit Here's the link.

Holy crap. 2 QBs off the board in the second, and another two before the end of the third. There's some evidence that FFers are becoming better informed overall, and then I see this...