[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Board Meeting: RBBC "Seconds"

j2v

At their current ADPs, how do you feel about these ADP "seconds"?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Reggie Bush, ADP 20th among RBs (39th pick overall, early R4)

• Would take him as a handcuff to Pierre Thomas (ADP 16 among RBs, 32nd overall)
    • Would take him there even if I don't have Thomas
    • Wouldn't touch him there
  2. 2. Jonathan Stewart, ADP 27th among RBs (59th overall, late R5)

• Would take him as a handcuff to DeAngelo Williams (ADP 7th among RBs, 7th overall)
    • Would take him there even if I don't have Williams
  3. 3. LenDale White, ADP 30th among RBs (71st overall, late R6)

• Would take him as a handcuff to Chris Johnson (ADP 8th among RBs, 9th overall)
    • Would take him there even if I don't have Johnson
  4. 4. Felix Jones, ADP 32nd among RBs (81st overall, late R7)

• Would take him as a handcuff to Marion Barber (ADP 12th among RBs, 14th overall)
    • Would take him there even if I don't have Barber
  5. 5. Donald Brown, ADP 33rd among RBs (85th overall, early R8)

• Would take him as a handcuff to Joseph Addai (ADP 21st among RBs, 43rd overall)
    • Would take him there even if I don't have Addai
  6. 6. Darren Sproles, ADP 34th among RBs (87th overall, early R8)

• Would take him as a handcuff to LaDainian Tomlinson (ADP 6th among RBs, 6th overall)
    • Would take him there even if I don't have Tomlinson

Four backs among the top 12 in Mock Draft Central's current ADP (performance scoring, no PPR) have handcuffs with ADPs that put them as RB3s; stretch that to the top 24—your starting backs in a typical league—and you add another committee "second". Then there's Pierre Thomas (ADP of 16th among RBs) and Reggie Bush (ADP of 20th among RBs) who share both touches in New Orleans and a ranking as a starting fantasy back.

Are the ADPs of Jonathan Stewart, LenDale White, Felix Jones, Donald Brown, and Darren Sproles that high because they must be cuffed? Or do you trust any of them as stand-alone fantasy backs, worth a shot as your fantasy RB3 given their role?

IMO, from the list above Sproles is the only true handcuff for the starting RB (obviously LT) ahead of him. All the other guys have value to the point that I would own them completely separate from the "lead" RB on their team. I'd actually rather skip on drafting Addai in the 4th or 5th round and take Donald Brown in the 7th or 8th as I feel he'll have equivalent value by season's end and at a cheaper price.

ETA: I certianly don't view Bush as PT's handcuff.

Edited by irish

I'll certainly buy Bush in a PPR in round 4. I'll buy Brown. I think the rest are backups, without much chance of unseating the starter. I'd be more apt to take Benson or Julius Jones, guys who should get the lion's share than the rest of the group. I'm still picking starters for my fantasy team until round six, and therefore wouldn't even consider taking a guy that doesn't even start for his own team. I would eye guys like Michael Bush or maybe Jamaal Charles or Leon Washington, who are guys that could realisticallly become the starters. I don't pick true backups hoping for injuries in most cases.

Edited by Seahawks21

IMO, from the list above Sproles is the only true handcuff for the starting RB (obviously LT) ahead of him. All the other guys have value to the point that I would own them completely separate from the "lead" RB on their team. I'd actually rather skip on drafting Addai in the 4th or 5th round and take Donald Brown in the 7th or 8th as I feel he'll have equivalent value by season's end and at a cheaper price.

ETA: I certianly don't view Bush as PT's handcuff.

I agree with this. Sproles is the only "handcuff". Even though he might not carry the full load if LT were to get hurt, I believe he would be a legit starting fantasy back and get 15-18 touches per game.

I like White and Jones as decent third RBs. Would be fine with Bush but I think he's overvalued (non-PPR) and probably wouldn't get him at that spot.

Stewart probably won't end up on any of my teams mostly because I'm paranoid about the various ankle/foot/toe issues that have come up over the last couple years.