[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

matt cassel

dmarc117

Realistic Breakdown:

1. This deal had to get done whether or not you agree that Cassell is a franchise QB. If you trade for this guy, you have to commit to him to show your team that this is the guy.

2. Cassell will probably struggle this year, so all you boobs proclaiming him a bust need to give him time to develop. So none of this running in here after week 3 this year saying: "I told you Cassell was a bust." Because I will have to bitch-slap you through literary wit.

3. As Crazy pointed out, Pioli knows a little about personnel. So for now, he gets a free pass.

4. Cassell does not have Moss and Welker, BUT, HE STILL HAD TO DELIVER THE BALL!!!!!

Time will tell, as with every deal. The Chiefs have plenty of cap room for this deal.

Edited by Chief Dick

They should have kept the 2nd round pick and all that money and just started Thigpen. I don't think Cassell is any better, and Thigpen showed flashes out of the spread formation that Cassell had success in. This has Scott Mitchell written all over it. I agree that had to pony up after making the trade, but the trade was dumb in the first place.

I don't think that this is any more outrageous than paying a rookie QB who has never taken a snap in the NFL pretty much the same thing. At the very least Cassel has a year of professional experience on the field, and a very successful year at that. He still may end up a Scott Mitchell, but when you compare him to an unproven rookie his contract doesn't seem that out of line.

Of course he is....because Scott Pioli doesn't know anything about player personnel.

He was only a 7th round talent according to Mr. Pioli.

KC's talent level is a tad below that of New England.

Then so was Tom Brady.

I'm with Crazy - for the Pioli reason alone I'll take a longer view.

However, the talent on that team would indicate perhaps a playoff run, but probably not a SB this year. As Belushi said, I would have given Thigpen this year to see what he could do, kept my 2nd-rounder and the money. Because even though I think Pioli is a good judge of talent, I don't think Cassel is Tom Brady. :wacko:

pretty hard to evaluate a guy who doesnt have any game film for the last 8 or 9 years....lolol

i was pretty impressed with the way this guy progressed last year...it was ugly early....you could tell this guy hadnt been in a live football game in ages....no feel for the pass rush at all....he would often just curl up in a ball or fall forward when it came....you could see his confidence grow....and now hell have a full training camp getting the snaps and knowing hes the guy

he doesnt have the weapons he had in NE...clearly...but bowe is quite a talent if you ask me...kinda rough that they traded a nice security blanket(and someone who could take some attention away from bowe) in gonzo...but i think all in all...hell be ok...i dunno about fantasy wise...especially this year...but i think hell be fine

Hmm . .

From a fantasy perspective, it is hard to knock Cassell. Thigpen did well last year, Bowe is devel;oping into a solid pro, Bradley came on last year, and Haley's system is all about the pass. Add in a defense that seems to screw up every defensive player drafted (maybe Pioli will reverse that trend), and you have a ton of opportunities to pass the ball.

From a NFL standpoint, I think the defense is more concerning for the success of the Chiefs.