[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hot Dog Garnish Ideas

Chief Dick

Dude that totally rocks but why stop there? Top it w/some ice cream, coffee grounds, and castor oil. :D

:wacko:

:D

On a serious note, I'm not a fan of ketchup on a hot dog but give cocktail sauce a try. Adds a little zing.

I usually just like mustard, maybe some oniion and jalapenos is available.

But now I use Giuliano's Jalapeno relish .... damn fine on a dog... and since it is my wife's family that makes it... freebies for me when they have some on hand.

I save the kraut for my bratwurst . . . .

hot dog, frankfurter, nurnberger, bock, brat, polish, knack............................ that is my preference when it's on a bun. when it's on a plate, mustard, kraut are still ok, but some are served with gravy.

First off, kraut is gross too. Moving on:

You scoff, but I dare you to try it. And humbly report back on the deliciousness.

OK, soon as you take mine to eat a big freshly squeezed turd. Peanut butter optional. Never know could be delicious. :wacko:

Chili/chili cheese dogs kick ass though. Relish and/or onions are OK.

Some of the beer snoots will probably look their nose down at this, but offhand Moosehead. I wouldn't want heavy beers ALL the time but could do it with a lighter one, and beer for beer Moosehead has been over the years one of the most reliably good beers I've ever had. I might opt for an English brew but no single one comes to mind offhand. Kinda cooled on Boddingtons.

Yes they are. Preach on brother. :wacko: to fruit beers. Yuppie gay swill IMO.

First off, kraut is gross too. Moving on:

i have to seriously question your taste buds. i have no issue with moosehead, but i can't see how anyone who has had much experience with bier would call it their favorite. lambics and wheats have been around much longer than yuppies, or anyone who would drink bier for status. i understand that people have their preferrences, but it just seems like you want to talk about what you don't like (which covers a lot of ground). your brief mention of liking boddingtons pulls you back .... but just a little bit.

Kraut, mustard, onions, even ketchup is ok on a dog. I much prefer grilled bratwurst or knackwurst steamed in beer.

i have to seriously question your taste buds. i have no issue with moosehead, but i can't see how anyone who has had much experience with bier would call it their favorite. lambics and wheats have been around much longer than yuppies, or anyone who would drink bier for status. i understand that people have their preferrences, but it just seems like you want to talk about what you don't like (which covers a lot of ground). your brief mention of liking boddingtons pulls you back .... but just a little bit.

Thanks for those great comments, this has a lot to do w/hot dogs. Somebody pass him the peanut butter. Maybe he owns a dog, double bonus.

:wacko:

Could this be our first fight brewing in the food forum?

Edited by TDFFFreak

Could this be our first fight brewing in the food forum?

nope. there have been other heated debates in here.

.......... and there's nothing to fight about. due to his comments about food and beverage, i give little credance to his opinions on such topics. he on the other hand is dismissive of things he doesn't like, sees open mindedness as being ghey, and introduced me to a new way to bond with my dog.

I normally just put mustard (of various kinds) on a hot dog.

On occasion though, I will make a "Chicago" dog (which is more like a salad):

mustard

Vienna green relish

sports pepper

wedge of tomato

half a slice of pickle

celery salt

chopped onion