[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite fantasy football site or software?

Eagles28

Hi there- just curious as to how people feel about the different fantasy football sites out there, such as Yahoo, ESPN, NFL.com, etc. I have been in several leagues all using Yahoo, and am starting a league with a friend this year. So I am looking to use the best web site or software available (I do have access to a web server, so I can use a software program if desired).

I have searched through the threads and have also done a general Internet search, so I have already come across some great advice and recommendations. Just looking to get a few more if anyone has time to post about their favorites or ones they hate (and why). Thanks!

If I could be bothered, I;d just link you to the 793 threads alrady on this.

No need, as I posted, "I have searched through the threads and have also done a general Internet search, so I have already come across some great advice and recommendations. Just looking to get a few more if anyone has time..."

I have come across a lot of threads on the subject that mention this site or that site, but was hoping to get more details on reasons why, such as "I like doing a league with Site X because it has this feature other sites don't have." I am doing my own research on features and functionality advertised by the different sites and programs, but thought asking actual users for feedback might be of assistance.

I appreciate the time anyone has to give, and of course for those who don't have the time, I can understand that.

I appreciate the suggestions you provided though.

Edited by Eagles28

How about posting what features/functions that you're looking for and then people might be more inclined to respond?

It's not a big deal if no one responds, as I said, if anyone has time and can provide suggestions, that would be great. If you don't have time, no problem. I have a lot of info already and was just looking to get some more if possible. There is not a particular thing I am looking for, such as "does anyone know a fantasy site or program that has feature X", just looking for any feedback from people who don't mind sharing. I have not managed a league before, and found Huddle forums to be a great place to go for advice on starting/sitting players last season, so I thought it might be a good place to go for advice about league sites and software.

If you are correct, and no one is inclined to share because people feel all the information I need is already in other threads, or that my question is too basic, then I will make my final decision based on what I have already found in other threads, and thanks anyhow to you and others who took a moment to at least read my post.

So you don't need a site to manage a league with contracts, salary, auction or such stuff?

Just a straight-forward league?

Probably just a straightforward league, ideally I would love to do those additional things, and would like it to be a keeper league, but for the people who will be in the league probably simpler is better. I liked Yahoo a lot, but some of the members of our league think ESPN is the way to go, and I have never used it. I thought people could buy StatTracker if they wanted it but somebody else had said we should install this open sourced package on this server I have since the stat tracking would be free. So that is something I have to look into as well. I am trying to get everyone to agree, and so suggestions like yours and others who have posted comments are much appreciated, at least this way once I make a decision I can say "this is what a lot of die hard ff players at the Huddle thought".

I have come across a lot of threads on the subject that mention this site or that site, but was hoping to get more details on reasons why,

No offense but many of the other 793 threads mentioned above already discuss this in great detail. Many times over. You're basically asking us to beat a horse that isn't just dead but pounded into dust.

No offense but many of the other 793 threads mentioned above already discuss this in great detail. Many times over. You're basically asking us to beat a horse that isn't just dead but pounded into dust.

No offense taken, and I mean no offense myself when I say I enjoyed the irony of your comment about beating a dead horse (you were the third commenter here to say all the info I seek is in other threads). As I mentioned in my original post, I already have looked at many of them and they were great sources of information. But you can't really have a discussion in old threads, and given the fantasy season is about to get under way I figured there may be some new faces on here now that have some other suggestions not previously discussed. If that's not the case, no big deal, I can make a decision based on the information I have already found.

I made the switch to MFL from CBS this season just because of the outrageous price CBS is asking. Now the daunting task of re-entering Teams and whatnot. I could copy the scoring from one MFL league into my new one and that saved a bunch of time.

If I could be bothered, I;d just link you to the 793 threads alrady on this.

Many here reccomend MFL (myfantasyleague)

You'll also see some that support rtsports, fanball and cbssportsline

Posts like this are why the Huddle Forums SUCK!!!

You don't have time to constructively link him to previous threads on this subject but you do have time to give him a hard time about his thread.

Why not just stay out of threads that you think are pointless?

You don't have time to constructively link him to previous threads on this subject but you do have time to give him a hard time about his thread.

It's people like Big Country that ruin these forums.

Sooo...instead of picking up the baton and linking to one of the 793, you also decide to compose a pointless post.

Great job practicing what you b1tch about...

Allright, I appreciate the data provided by several of you, I think we will probably go with MFL as that is what I have read in previous threads and other places as well. Obviously I've stepped on some toes trying to start a new discussion when previous discussions on the same topic existed, I thought posting in old threads was considering "bumping" and was not appreciated by mods. I am not a regular, so my apologies for any frustration caused. Good luck in your fantasy leagues.

Allright, I appreciate the data provided by several of you, I think we will probably go with MFL as that is what I have read in previous threads and other places as well. Obviously I've stepped on some toes trying to start a new discussion when previous discussions on the same topic existed, I thought posting in old threads was considering "bumping" and was not appreciated by mods. I am not a regular, so my apologies for any frustration caused. Good luck in your fantasy leagues.

You're cool Eagles. No worries. Good luck!

Funny, I actually gave him reccomendations on sites, I just didnt link to the countless other threads on it.

You however.. :wacko:

People only cae about bumping if you bump your own thread after 10 minutes or keep repeatedly bumping it.

Funny, I actually gave him reccomendations on sites, I just didnt link to the countless other threads on it.

You however.. :wacko:

I however....pointed out a commonality of posting protocol that is practiced by several of the people who frequent these huddle forums and that is to post something in a thread merely as a means to be rude, insulting, sarcastic or to just stir up an argument.

Some people do not have time to search a forum to make sure that their question has never been asked before so when this happens and it is always going to happen, if you think the thread is a waste of time, why bother posting to it? Why not just let it go?

And if you are going to bother to post to it, why not just answer the question? Why is it necessary to post something sarastic and/or rude?

And I know my post stirred up an argument but I just felt like I needed to bring it up.

The Huddle.com is a great fantasy football site and these forums can be a great source of information but a person has to take the time to sort through the crap like your post to actually get to any valuable info and that gets old, fast. To the point that even though I have bounceed into these forums from time to time to see if there is any info i can use I have actually spent my money joining a differet Fantasy Football Site for the upcoming season after having spent my money at the Huddle for the past several seasons.

And I know you will think, good riddance, but my point is the posting habits of a lot of the old timers in these forums has at least 1 former old timer spending his money elsewhere now.

And i know you mentioned a couple of potential sites in your post but why couldn't that have been all you did? Why the sarcasm? Unless ytour 12?

Edited by Jrick35

I however....pointed out a commonality of posting protocol that is practiced by several of the people who frequent these huddle forums and that is to post something in a thread merely as a means to be rude, insulting, sarcastic or to just stir up an argument.

Some people do not have time to search a forum to make sure that their question has never been asked before so when this happens and it is always going to happen, if you think the thread is a waste of time, why bother posting to it? Why not just let it go?

And if you are going to bother to post to it, why not just answer the question? Why is it necessary to post something sarastic and/or rude?

And I know my post stirred up an argument but I just felt like I needed to bring it up.

The Huddle.com is a great fantasy football site and these forums can be a great source of information but a person has to take the time to sort through the crap like your post to actually get to any valuable info and that gets old, fast. To the point that even though I have bounceed into these forums from time to time to see if there is any info i can use I have actually spent my money joining a differet Fantasy Football Site for the upcoming season after having spent my money at the Huddle for the past several seasons.

And I know you will think, good riddance, but my point is the posting habits of a lot of the old timers in these forums has at least 1 former old timer spending his money elsewhere now.

And i know you mentioned a couple of potential sites in your post but why couldn't that have been all you did? Why the sarcasm? Unless ytour 12?

maybe it is more valuable to teach people to fish than it is to hand them a fish.

The Huddle.com is a great fantasy football site and these forums can be a great source of information but a person has to take the time to sort through the crap like your post to actually get to any valuable info and that gets old, fast.

Let me get this straight...you're complaining that BC did not help Eagles and instead provided him crap when in fact your two posts were designed to complain about BC's efforts and actually provided NO value to Eagles or anyone in here at all?

That is the very definition of crap. Thanks for giving us more to sort thru.

Pot, meet Kettle...