[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Call your HOF'er now.

Cowboyz1

You guys all need to go back and reread the original post....it isnt just who will be a HOF'er but an all-time type player...see bolded...that is why I said AP...he is special and if he can last 10+ years he should be one of those types of players...Calvin Johnson very well could be another....out of the others mentioned many very well could be HOF'ers but I am not sure they are players like the OP was looking for.

Ok here is your chance to call out the player or players that you think will be one of those guys who grace the league every say 50 years. We are not talking about a good player or even a great player. We are talking about E. Smith type player, Steve Young, John Elway, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice.

I have been watching football for about 35 years and I have seen the players get faster, stronger but there is one thing that stays the same and that is the IT factor. What ever IT is, there are players that have it and players that don't.

My player is Felix Jones.

I have watched what he did early in the season last year and training camp practices, and what I saw was amazing. He has the speed of Tony Dorsett and the vision of Emmitt Smith. What is even more scary is that he has great hands, and when I say great I mean watching him catch the ball it is effortless for him even one handers. This kid is going to be very special. He has the size, the speed and the moves to be one of the great backs. He runs to daylight and naturally feels where people are and what angles to take to beat them. His personality calm and determined. High character guy that wants to be great. Humble but aggressive.

Watch this kid

I really think this kid is going to be special and take the Cowboys to another level. There are a lot of things that have to happen such as health and opportunity and such but I believe this kid has what it takes. He see's the field like few can.

So who is your guy and why?

With the Rookie year that Matt Ryan had I think he's got a good shot. He probably had the best rookie year since Dan Marino. He seems to have the poise of a Tom Brady. I agree that he's going to need to take a leap forward over the next couple of years for me to feel he will be a HOFer. Joe Thomas is another good call. He did regress a tad in his 2nd year though. I want to say Calvin, but it's just much harder to get in as a receiver.

Can you expand on this? Color me curious.

He's 6' 8", mobile and makes good reads/decisions. I believe Ryan had a lot more talent around him last year which puts Flacco as the greater talent in my mind. The kid is a winner headwise and a freak bodywise.

It killed me watching him pick Miami apart last year in the playoffs. Granted - a poor Miami pass rush and good Baltimore oline had a lot to do with it, but he didn't seem the slightest bit nervous. There's no way I'd have thought he was a rookie if I hadn't already known.

He's got a nice foundation to build upon - a foundation built upon a six foot eight inch frame.

He's 6' 8", mobile and makes good reads/decisions. I believe Ryan had a lot more talent around him last year which puts Flacco as the greater talent in my mind. The kid is a winner headwise and a freak bodywise.

It killed me watching him pick Miami apart last year in the playoffs. Granted - a poor Miami pass rush and good Baltimore oline had a lot to do with it, but he didn't seem the slightest bit nervous. There's no way I'd have thought he was a rookie if I hadn't already known.

He's got a nice foundation to build upon - a foundation built upon a six foot eight inch frame.

You could be right about Flacco but I gotta disagree about the talent levels of the two teams. I'd say Baltimore's o-line was better, and their defense was a damn sight better than Atlanta. The WR corps is definitely better in Atlanta, but I'd say the RB corps as a whole was a toss-up or just a slight tick up for ATL. Plus Ryan came out of the gate making pretty good decisions, something Flacco took a little longer to do. But Flacco's physical tools are awesome, you're right about that.

Flacco is 6'6.

• 1 month later...