[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best way to run two leagues together?

narlinghaus

We have a fantasy football league at our church that has grown immensely over the years and now there is a high demand to get in. So this year we have decided to expand the league into two leagues (or two conferences). The problem we are having though is that we would like to have both leagues tied together somehow so that everyone can see how each league is doing as well as post on the message boards. I know with ESPN you can do a public league where anyone can see you league, but we want to be able to post in either league as well.

Didn't know if anyone has had any luck or experience doing this. I know that there are a couple of pay sites that you can have multiple leagues tied together, but didn't know if anyone has any other ideas.

Any thoughts are very helpful.

Thanks,

We have a fantasy football league at our church that has grown immensely over the years and now there is a high demand to get in. So this year we have decided to expand the league into two leagues (or two conferences). The problem we are having though is that we would like to have both leagues tied together somehow so that everyone can see how each league is doing as well as post on the message boards. I know with ESPN you can do a public league where anyone can see you league, but we want to be able to post in either league as well.

Didn't know if anyone has had any luck or experience doing this. I know that there are a couple of pay sites that you can have multiple leagues tied together, but didn't know if anyone has any other ideas.

Any thoughts are very helpful.

Thanks,

Use MFL. www.myfantasyleague.com We have a league here in The Huddle called Huddle Ladder. It is really 5 leagues tied into one, and MFL handles it very easily. Cost is $69.95 for the year...well worth it.

Good luck!

I'll second the mfl suggestion. I commish a league that involves two conferences and once you have it all setup it's pretty easy to manage.

ETA: The cost is actually more Wolf, that's the standard league rate. A multiple conference league runs around $139.

Edited by twiley

What are people's thoughts on the live online draft supplied by mfl?

Our draft party is the biggest part of our league and we have been using a draft software but what are people's thoughts on only using the online draft?

Also, how does the live scoring feature compare to ESPN's?

Our draft party is the biggest part of our league and we have been using a draft software but what are people's thoughts on only using the online draft?

I've found the live draft to be fairly good overall, but not everyone shares that opinion. You can setup a league to test for free. Run through the draft interface yourself and make sure it will satisfy your needs. I know there are a few people who have used one system connected to a projector to show the draft grid view as a draft board and use a second system to log all the picks.

I have not used an ESPN league, so I can not compare the live scoring. The live scoring on the MFL web site updates every 90 seconds. The presentation may not be as pretty as some other sites, and it's something I think they need to address. So the appearance of the live draft screen is really the only weak point, in my opinion.

There is also a separate downloadable app called Gameday, which updates more frequently, announces red zone and scoring plays, supports multiple leagues and a few other neat things. It's a Windows only app, though they have had some people get it working under Mac using Crossover.

It works quite well (the live draft) and the live scoring is probably faster than ESPN.

the best thing with the online draft is that it allows people to draft that might have to work. Just get a spouce of somebody in the league to enter the players as they are picked while in commish mode (using the live draft room) and you can have the best of both worlds (folk at the table and folk who cannot make it to the draft). No more icky sticky delays while somebody calls and owner and tells him/her all the picks that have gone off the boards since you called them last.

I will also throw my recommendation to MFL. My church also has an FF league. Started 3 years ago with 12 teams....we are now up to 24 teams and have a Super Bowl that features the best team from each conference on week #17. We draft live though so I cannot speak to MFL's online draft....I would imagine it is fine though. For us we have a live draft/gut bustin' pot luck night....lots of fun at the pot luck and live draft.

Here's what our church league looks like.

http://www18.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/13457

KO'd