[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in trouble

alchico

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steelers QB accused of sexual assault in Georgia

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. – Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is being investigated in an allegation of sexual assault at a Georgia nightclub, police said Friday.

Officers said the alleged assault occurred early Friday morning in Milledgeville, about 85 miles southeast of Atlanta. The player owns a home nearby.

The two-time Super Bowl champion and some of his friends were seen visiting local restaurants and bars Thursday night.

"He's been identified as being at the scene and there are allegations naming him as the perpetrator," Deputy Chief Richard Malone said.

Malone said Roethlisberger had been with three other people who were mingling with another group that included the alleged victim. Malone said the woman and her party contacted a nearby police officer following the alleged assault.

Several areas of the bar were considered a crime scene, but Malone would not elaborate.

Roethlisberger and the alleged victim have been interviewed and the woman was taken to a hospital, where she was treated and released, Malone said.

Separately, Roethlisberger has been sued by a woman who claims he raped her in 2008 at a Lake Tahoe hotel. The Steelers star denies those allegations and has asked for counter-damages.

"Last night, Ben and his friends met a group of women and everyone mingled together throughout the evening," the player's agent, Ryan Tollner, said in the statement.

"We have spoken to law enforcement. Based on information currently available, an allegation was made against Ben, which appeared to be dismissed after a preliminary investigation last night. Obviously, given the prior accusation against Ben, we are skeptical of motive, but we will continue to cooperate with everyone involved."

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team was gathering information and had no more comment.

The owner of a restaurant near the nightclub said Roethlisberger and some of his friends came in earlier Thursday night.

"He was very polite with everybody," said Frank Pendergrast, owner of The Brick. "He was down here from about 11:30 until about 1:30 having a good time, talking to a lot of people. Looked like he was signing autographs and letting people take pictures. Other than that, it was really uneventful."

Pittsburgh's first-round draft pick out of Miami of Ohio in 2004, Roethlisberger led the Steelers to Super Bowl victories at the end of the 2006 and 2008 seasons. But while he's been a huge success on the field, Roethlisberger has had his share of problems off it.

Besides the Lake Tahoe allegations, Roethlisberger broke his jaw and several other facial bones in 2006 when he got into a motorcycle crash while driving without a valid license.

Linky

This time, there are witnesses, and the victim went to the police immediately.....hmmmmm. :wacko:

"We have spoken to law enforcement. Based on information currently available, an allegation was made against Ben, which appeared to be dismissed after a preliminary investigation last night. Obviously, given the prior accusation against Ben, we are skeptical of motive, but we will continue to cooperate with everyone involved."

I am going to re-read this part over and over and hope this is the way things go. I have got to say that these guys are hugh targets but these things really do make me start to wonder.

I am going to re-read this part over and over and hope this is the way things go. I have got to say that these guys are hugh targets but these things really do make me start to wonder.

Yeah, these are always difficult because you want to give both sides the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure being raped is horrible and being accused of rape(if you didnt do it) is, too. Not nearly the same, obviously, but horrible nonetheless.

If he did it, that's terrible and cowardly and he should go to jail. If she is making this up, that is terrible and cowardly and she should go to jail. Hopefully, the truth comes out and someone is punished accordingly.

I didn't read every post, but why did the press always add to their story about this that this is probably a money grab since Big Ben had trouble in the past? Will the 3rd or 4th story down the road also say that somebody is trying to take advantage of him?

None of us know what happened between him and either girl. However, he is definitely guilty of being an idiot. He is a 28 year old, multi-millionaire, NFL celebrity, and he is hanging out at a college bar at 2AM. Nothing good can come out of that.

None of us know what happened between him and either girl. However, he is definitely guilty of being an idiot. He is a 28 year old, multi-millionaire, NFL celebrity, and he is hanging out at a college bar at 2AM. Nothing good can come out of that.

My problem with this is that a lot of major sports stars go out to night clubs late at night and somehow are not accused of sexual assault. Twice!

Once I looked the other way when no charges were filed as did the NFL and the Steelers. Second time I am far more skeptical of his actions just as I would imagine the NFL will be.

My problem with this is that a lot of major sports stars go out to night clubs late at night and somehow are not accused of sexual assault. Twice!

Once I looked the other way when no charges were filed as did the NFL and the Steelers. Second time I am far more skeptical of his actions just as I would imagine the NFL will be.

No argument from me